Beer

Share food & beverage recipes with your noise pals.
fire

Post by fire » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:47 am

yeah, movie night this saturday, making chocolate stout ice cream floats and home made carmel corn, my stomach hurts already. going to watch the new mad max.
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

¼ dead

Re: Beer

Post by ¼ dead » Sat May 18, 2019 8:15 pm

IPA's are trendy bullshit. If I wanted to drink pine resin, I'd just do it. Seriously.

And, now that I can afford, sometimes, to be epicurean in my intoxication, I am annoyed that IPA's are basically all "craft" beer has to offer (in US supermarkets, anyway). Most that I've tried taste like fucking ear wax.

I drink to get drunk, and most malt liquors are very drinkable lagers. Hops are just gross and outmoded, meanwhile. I really don't see the point. Everything I've read suggests IPA's are "easy" to make, and that hops basically mask that fact when it comes to otherwise already shitty beer.

But I found today an IPA I don't completely hate in Elysian Space Dust. Not gonna talk about "notes" here; It's just a very chuggable 8.2% ABV beer. It's not "alcohol-y", nor too hop-bitter. And the bitterness it has is oddly comforting. It settles on the edges of my tongue and makes me feel like I don't care about problems.

Elysian is a "brand" now owned by Anheuser-Busch, so that should say something for good old-fashioned Coca-Cola-Consistency, if nothing else (FUKK YEH! CAPTIALISM!) Also, the hop faerie makes for a cute mascot.

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Sun May 19, 2019 5:35 am

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 am

jliat wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:51 am

Nice flavour IMO

6.0% ABV

That's not a valid flavour.
https://www.cleverbot.com/

phase three to leaving me :D ?

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 19, 2019 8:58 am

jliat wrote:

Nice flavour IMO

6.0% ABV

RasTheDestroyer

Post by RasTheDestroyer » Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Turned 21 a few months ago and went balls to the wall with trying out different beers, saw an IPA at the gas station near my work but didn't catch the name, I plan on buying it tmrw tho

So far my favorites in no real order are: Bass Pale Ale, Blue Moon, Beck's, Sierra Nevada, Red Stripe and Marina (from Guatemala, I can't seem to find any info online, but its a lager and has a really nice soda cracker taste)
jliat wrote:

Nice flavour IMO

6.0% ABV
You in the States, right? Where'd you find this? Tried the Black Stout (only Guinness I can find atm) and it just wasn't for me, I love coffee, I love beer but not together :eew:
Suge Knight of noise

jliat

Post by jliat » Sun May 19, 2019 11:25 pm

RasTheDestroyer wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 pm
Turned 21 a few months ago and went balls to the wall with trying out different beers, saw an IPA at the gas station near my work but didn't catch the name, I plan on buying it tmrw tho

So far my favorites in no real order are: Bass Pale Ale, Blue Moon, Beck's, Sierra Nevada, Red Stripe and Marina (from Guatemala, I can't seem to find any info online, but its a lager and has a really nice soda cracker taste)

You in the States, right? Where'd you find this? Tried the Black Stout (only Guinness I can find atm) and it just wasn't for me, I love coffee, I love beer but not together :eew:
I'm in the UK! Bass is good as are the others... The IPAs are a current fashion and some can be very bitter, hoppy, and a Hipster thing. But others OK. I think London bitter was always more hoppy than beers from the north which tend to be sweeter...

Guinness can be a acquired taste and needs to be kept well if draft.. If you can get this below its worth a try, sweeter and aptly named...

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 19, 2019 11:26 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:25 pm
RasTheDestroyer wrote:

I'm in the UK! Bass is good as are the others... The IPAs are a current fashion and some can be very bitter, hoppy, and a Hipster thing. But others OK. I think London bitter was always more hoppy than beers from the north which tend to be sweeter...

Guinness can be a acquired taste and needs to be kept well if draft.. If you can get this below its worth a try, sweeter and aptly named...

Twenty percent of zero is better than nothing.

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 19, 2019 11:39 pm

jliat wrote:
RasTheDestroyer wrote:

Fletcher

Post by Fletcher » Mon May 20, 2019 4:10 am

I don't often drink Lager, but the Hop House 13 brewed by the Guinness lot is quite tasty.

www.snarerush.co.uk
100 paper copies / 32 black & white pages / electronic sounds of various strains

jliat

Post by jliat » Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 am

Belgium - Brussels is kind of the beer capital. You can get this in the UK, the bar here wants a £5.00 deposit on the glass & holder. (8% ABV)
Very smooth. The idea is it was drunk by coachmen so a flat base was no use!

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 am

jliat wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 am

Belgium - Brussels is kind of the beer capital. You can get this in the UK, the bar here wants a £5.00 deposit on the glass & holder. (8% ABV)

This is bad! How can you talk like this?

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 am

jliat wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 am

RasTheDestroyer

Post by RasTheDestroyer » Mon May 20, 2019 11:38 am

jliat wrote:
RasTheDestroyer wrote:

Ahh my fault, I usually assume ppl here are either from Wisconsin or Detroit, lol

I'll have to do some digging, good looks man :salute:
Suge Knight of noise