Hey its that James Whitehead jliat guy

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

xdugef

Hey its that James Whitehead jliat guy

Post by xdugef » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 am

Last edited by xdugef on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

clemonz

Re: Hey its that games Whitehead jliat guy

Post by clemonz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am

he might only ever be wrong about me :D

weird.
:shrug:

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:38 am

clemonz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am

weird.

You Li Aonot know everything. Your opinions are based on the knowledge that you possess. Y :rabbit: o :rabbit: u :rabbit: r opinions a :rabbit: r :rabbit: e strictly influenced by your knowledge. S :carrot: o :carrot: m :carrot: e :carrot: t :carrot: i :carrot: m :carrot: e :carrot: s b :rabbit: y e :poop: m :poop: o :poop: t :poop: i :poop: o :poop: n :poop: s :poop: . Do yo.
*looks shocked at everything* no no no no . . Way. No way. Not a fan :P : : oops:
:flame: :headz: :envy: :protest: :mrgreen:
*points at :potato: and says it's not a tumor*
https://www.cleverbot.com/

Verter zol men vegn un nit tseyln.

clemonz

Post by clemonz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 am

kinda insubstantial... self promotion / etc. i mean, desert island disks and who are your heroes?
cool that he's getting some, tho!
in Kantian terms to bring about a synthesis of the things in themselves with perception
interesting... does kant's philosophy admit of that possibility then?

EDITED2ADD:

i'm not claiming otherwise, i just a) suspect not and b) am aware that lots of "bad philosophers" (jliat's phrase, not mine) misunderstand kant's 'noumenon'

i'll just google it :D

EDITED2ADD2:
Schopenhauer claimed that Kant used the word noumenon incorrectly. He explained in his "Critique of the Kantian philosophy", which first appeared as an appendix to The World as Will and Representation:

But it was just this distinction between abstract knowledge and knowledge of perception, entirely overlooked by Kant, which the ancient philosophers denoted by noumena and phenomena. (See Sextus Empiricus, Outlines of Pyrrhonism, Book I, Chapter 13, ' What is thought (noumena) is opposed to what appears or is perceived (phenomena).' ) This contrast and utter disproportion greatly occupied these philosophers in the philosophemes of the Eleatics, in Plato's doctrine of the Ideas, in the dialectic of the Megarics, and later the scholastics in the dispute between nominalism and realism, whose seed, so late in developing, was already contained in the opposite mental tendencies of Plato and Aristotle. But Kant who, in an unwarrantable manner, entirely neglected the thing for the expression of which those words phenomena and noumena had already been taken, now takes possession of the words, as if they were still unclaimed, in order to denote by them his things-in-themselves and his phenomena.
too funny :lmao:
Last edited by clemonz on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:45 am

clemonz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 am
kinda insubstantial... self promotion / etc. i mean, desert island disks and who are your heroes?
in Kantian terms to bring about a synthesis of the things in themselves with perception

Are you gonna live for what you make me feel bad still. No justice in this sense.

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:46 am

clemonz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am

weird.

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:12 am

clemonz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 am

EDITED2ADD:

i'm not claiming otherwise, i just a) suspect not and b) am aware that lots of "bad philosophers" (jliat's phrase, not mine) misunderstand kant's 'noumenon'

i'll just google it :D

EDITED2ADD2:
Schopenhauer claimed that Kant used the word noumenon incorrectly. He explained in his "Critique of the Kantian philosophy", which first appeared as an appendix to The World as Will and Representation:

But it was just this distinction between abstract knowledge and knowledge of perception, entirely overlooked by Kant, which the ancient philosophers denoted by noumena and phenomena. (See Sextus Empiricus, Outlines of Pyrrhonism, Book I, Chapter 13, ' What is thought (noumena) is opposed to what appears or is perceived (phenomena).' ) This contrast and utter disproportion greatly occupied these philosophers in the philosophemes of the Eleatics, in Plato's doctrine of the Ideas, in the dialectic of the Megarics, and later the scholastics in the dispute between nominalism and realism, whose seed, so late in developing, was already contained in the opposite mental tendencies of Plato and Aristotle. But Kant who, in an unwarrantable manner, entirely neglected the thing for the expression of which those words phenomena and noumena had already been taken, now takes possession of the words, as if they were still unclaimed, in order to denote by them his things-in-themselves and his phenomena.
too funny :lmao:

WhiteWarlock

Re: Hey its that James Whitehead jliat guy

Post by WhiteWarlock » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 am

Jliat going for that post modernist Benny Franklin look???

clemonz

Post by clemonz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 am

:D

it's just the (absent) sweater...

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am

clemonz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 am

All their souls will come back for revenge btw. "Danger is my trade."
Is the word - call is beautiful or brutal or just this generation interactive tv thing...
:pics: :007:
*suddenly the :potato: gimp doesn't go to the shop*

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:56 am

Hmmmm...
that just gave me an awesome idea...
can someone goto Hellfire Caves in Buckinghamshire UK for making some IR Impulse Reverb recordings???

The Hellfire Caves of West Wycombe are a network of man-made chalk and flint caverns in Buckinghamshire, England, made famous by their sordid past. They are named after the infamous Hellfire Club, made up of high-ranking members of society, noblemen, and politicians, who are believed to have engaged in pagan rituals, orgies, and black magic deep within the subterranean chambers beneath West Wycombe. Nevertheless, the caves are a place where myth and reality are so entangled that it is difficult to separate one from the other.

According to accepted accounts, English politician Sir Francis Dashwood commissioned an ambitious project in 1748 to supply chalk for a 5 kilometre road between West Wycombe and High Wycombe. This was supposedly in attempt to combat local poverty by providing jobs to farm workers who were impoverished by a succession of droughts and failed harvests. The workers were employed at one shilling per day (enough to sustain a family in the Georgian era) to mine chalk and flint on his estate. Considering they were all dug by hand, the caves are often regarded as an incredible feat of engineering.
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:56 am

clemonz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:44 am

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm

can someone goto Hellfire Caves in Buckinghamshire UK for making some IR Impulse Reverb recordings???
Drove past there one time but didn't have a chance to stop. Must go some time, thanks for the reminder :)

Did some rough IR recordings in this place, will try and do more when we go back for our Isn'tses gig there soon http://shellgrotto.co.uk/

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:43 pm

timdrage wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Drove past there one time but didn't have a chance to stop. Must go some time, thanks for the reminder :)

Did some rough IR recordings in this place, will try and do more when we go back for our Isn'tses gig there soon http://shellgrotto.co.uk/

I was told that once I get older all my fears would shrink.
Yo man are you mad?
:music2: :trophy: :love: :muffy: :stupid: :ditto: :toothless: :w00t: :gape: :fight: :moo: :yarr: :shotgun: :player: :luff:
*sorry lost my connection, t :carrot: r :carrot: y again?*

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:14 pm

timdrage wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm

That place looks FAB!