Reverb Pedals

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

Dedux

Reverb Pedals

Post by Dedux » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:35 am

Hey guys, ive been gone for a while but thought id pop back in and ask some people a gear question.

I do a weird mixture of Power Electronic, Death Industrial and Dark Ambient. Currently I am borrowing my friends Digitech reverb. I need to give it back to him and I dont want to loose the effect, and was wondering if anyone has any good choices I can look into. price isnt really important, be it cheap or expensive as long as it gives some great reverb effect.

Appreciate it in advance.

Laura91

Post by Laura91 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:08 am

Which model are you using? (I'm just curious) I'm using two Digitech RV-7 pedals. I was using only a single one before. But I bought a second one a day or two after Christmas and they sound amazing together.

Dedux

Re: reply

Post by Dedux » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:19 am

Laura91 wrote:Which model are you using? (I'm just curious) I'm using two Digitech RV-7 pedals. I was using only a single one before. But I bought a second one a day or two after Christmas and they sound amazing together.
Its an X-Series DigiVerb. it does have 7 different verb sounds on it.

MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:54 pm

[
Last edited by MKULTRA on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dedux

Post by Dedux » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:57 pm

MKULTRA wrote:Not a pedal. Worth every inch of rackspace it consumes.
I dont have any "rack setups" at the moment, im scared about getting into that investment...but i might, who knows.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:24 pm

You don't need an actual rack/anything additional to use a rackmount effect. If you need to take it to a gig just wrap it in a towel or something. :D

Feral Hymns

Post by Feral Hymns » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:27 am

I have an Yamah SPX-90 I like quite a bit. It's working at the moment though. I think it has that deteriorating glue/epoxy problem. So I've been looking into getting a pedal myself.

Check out the EHX Holiest Grail. Not only does it look amazing it sounds really good too. And you have control just about every aspect you'd want to on a reverb effect.

Another worth a look at, that's smaller but sounds just as good, is the Tech 21 Boost RVB. Can do 100% wet and has a pretty long decay time. Plus it can be used as a booster, if you're into that.

If you want a real spring reverb the Surfybear FET looks really awesome. I'm going to try my hand at one pretty soon. It's an "emulation of the [Fender] 6G15 with analog FET technology using the same topology and principles as the original. Basically, the tubes in the schematic are replaced with JFETS/MOSFETs and the output transformer with a current source. The circuit is all Class A, is optimized for a tube-like harmonic content, have input protection and is using a standard 12V DC power supply adapter.". You can use any length/spring size pan with it which is pretty neat. And you get the boingness when you hit it. :D

Or for something super simple and tiny, the Guyatone MR-2 Micro Reverb. Supposedly it uses Lexicon chips/algorithms. And that's why they stopped making it, legal issues.

Hope that gives you a little bit to look at or consider. I love reverb and own a tad too many, though I'm not positive that's possible. 8)

Dedux

Post by Dedux » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 am

Wonder Council wrote:I have an Yamah SPX-90 I like quite a bit. It's working at the moment though. I think it has that deteriorating glue/epoxy problem. So I've been looking into getting a pedal myself.

Check out the EHX Holiest Grail. Not only does it look amazing it sounds really good too. And you have control just about every aspect you'd want to on a reverb effect.

Another worth a look at, that's smaller but sounds just as good, is the Tech 21 Boost RVB. Can do 100% wet and has a pretty long decay time. Plus it can be used as a booster, if you're into that.

If you want a real spring reverb the Surfybear FET looks really awesome. I'm going to try my hand at one pretty soon. It's an "emulation of the [Fender] 6G15 with analog FET technology using the same topology and principles as the original. Basically, the tubes in the schematic are replaced with JFETS/MOSFETs and the output transformer with a current source. The circuit is all Class A, is optimized for a tube-like harmonic content, have input protection and is using a standard 12V DC power supply adapter.". You can use any length/spring size pan with it which is pretty neat. And you get the boingness when you hit it. :D

Or for something super simple and tiny, the Guyatone MR-2 Micro Reverb. Supposedly it uses Lexicon chips/algorithms. And that's why they stopped making it, legal issues.

Hope that gives you a little bit to look at or consider. I love reverb and own a tad too many, though I'm not positive that's possible. 8)
Thanks so much, will check out all of those options!

guill pizarro

Post by guill pizarro » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:48 pm

I love my Digitech RV-7. Paired with the Digitech Supernatural Reverb, I can get some pretty cavernous sounds. I'm still always wanting more though!

I've thought about adding the TC Electronics Hall of Fame.

The new Blackout Effectors Cadavernous sounds interesting too.

mr bloor

Post by mr bloor » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 am

I've had eventide space, strymon & knas moisturizer. Sold them all & settled on neunaber wet.

Feral Hymns

Post by Feral Hymns » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:53 pm

I've been really interested in the Source Audio Soundblox 2 Dimension Reverb. Multiple reverb types that all sound good to me. Though I haven't heard one in person. Also has a ton of control over the tone and shaping. Can store a few presets which is always nice. And my favorite feature which I think every pedal should have, expression capabilities. Over just about every parameter at that. Plus I guess you can use the Hot Hand. Some kind of weird velocity sensing expression controller you wear on your finger. Seems to be popular with dub step, at least that's what most of the demos represent. I'm sure there are other more interesting ways to use it though.