Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

Veneer

masonnas gear.

Post by Veneer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 am

has anyone been close enough to see what he uses! really intrigued

Al.Machine.O

Post by Al.Machine.O » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 am

Voice, body. Contact mic, extreme amplifying, megaphone.

Need to know any more?
Laura91 wrote:To all that use feedback loops:

Flooping causes hiccups.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 am

http://vanilla.vis.ne.jp/office-vanilla-index.html
One day, Mr.Teshima of VANILLA RECORDS told me that he wanted me to try his new handmade effector.
He send me 2 effectors and sample manual. Both of them were light but they didn't has Foot switching. So I had to use them by hand. So I thought they're not good to us "MASONNA"'cuz we always put effectors a feet and beating and stamping them. Anyway, I tried them and surprised.They're so interesting. "High" raises so high and it's impos-sible to make output 20 times. SCRAMBLER is awsome. You can make sound as"cutting up" by switchi-ng. I don't know any other effectors which has this function. Ones thought this switching is notgood very much but I should withdraw.Then I wanted to use them on our show,I put them on my belt 'cuz they're compact and light. I played wich Blixa at Muse hall,of course I was using them. Blixa and other players are very interested in our effectors in our effectors and wants to use. I believe Japanese Noise Artists louses them and we,MASONNA will use them untill we break them!

? 12/Sep./'95
YAMAZAKI MASO (MASONNA)
Last edited by timdrage on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

the raytownian

Post by the raytownian » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:52 am

He uses a bunch of Coloursound pedals and a DOD enevlope filter based on most live pics I've seen: http://www.last.fm/music/Masonna/+images/22651749

Specific pedals are listed in the photo comments.
Not-Sea Punks Fuck Off!

Halo of Teeth

Post by Halo of Teeth » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm like 99% sure he used a spectral audio neptune 2 synth pretty heavily around the time of frequency LSD. i was seriously considering getting one for a long time for just that reason.

another big part of his sound is the distortion on that huge marshall JCM behind him. no distortion on earth sounds quite like a fuckin' cranked marshall.

Veneer

Post by Veneer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 am

those effectors are rad (any schematics on them?) / same with his control of sound. even how the vocals go through and cut in with time is bs haha

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 am

OOps I linked to some weird mobile site version of the page or something, go to the main site for more info on the pedals, you seem to be able to still order some: http://vanilla.vis.ne.jp/office-vanilla-index.html