Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14516
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by xdugef » Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by jliat » Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am

OK - I think this shows how NR works, I find this interesting....

I made a file of white noise, cut a sample and used this in the NR filter. I noticed poor NR - lots of artefacts - though with a dip where the sample was taken... here..

Image

Note the smooth waveforms - here is the sound

http://www.jliat.com/nr.mp3

You don't hear the smoothed sample area.... so NR smooths the waveform making it inaudible...

now the fun thing, I saved the above as mp3 for playback - and what do we get when we load that file...

Image

The MP3 algorithm has correctly spotted the smooth waveform in the first image wont be rendered as sound- so has inserted silence?!

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 39528
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: the cloud
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
OK - I think this shows how NR works, I find this interesting....

I made a file of white noise, cut a sample and used this in the NR filter. I noticed poor NR - lots of artefacts - though with a dip where the sample was taken... here..

Image

Note the smooth waveforms - here is the sound

http://www.jliat.com/nr.mp3

You don't hear the smoothed sample area.... so NR smooths the waveform making it inaudible...

now the fun thing, I saved the above as mp3 for playback - and what do we get when we load that file...

Image

The MP3 algorithm has correctly spotted the smooth waveform in the first image wont be rendered as sound- so has inserted silence?!

What do you mean?

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 39528
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: the cloud
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 9:25 am

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
OK - I think this shows how NR works, I find this interesting....

I made a file of white noise, cut a sample and used this in the NR filter. I noticed poor NR - lots of artefacts - though with a dip where the sample was taken... here..

Image

Note the smooth waveforms - here is the sound

http://www.jliat.com/nr.mp3

You don't hear the smoothed sample area.... so NR smooths the waveform making it inaudible...

now the fun thing, I saved the above as mp3 for playback - and what do we get when we load that file...

Image

The MP3 algorithm has correctly spotted the smooth waveform in the first image wont be rendered as sound- so has inserted silence?!

Image

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by jliat » Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part
= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."

Well no Adrian you are again very wrong here - there is a big difference between a joke and an ad Hominem.


"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument,"

Add to that your bot trolls - you certainly are pissed it would seem.

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 39528
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: the cloud
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 9:38 am

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part
= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."

Well no Adrian you are again very wrong here - there is a big difference between a joke and an ad Hominem.


"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument,"

Add to that your bot trolls - you certainly are pissed it would seem.

I like you.

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 39528
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: the cloud
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 9:41 am

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part
= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."

Well no Adrian you are again very wrong here - there is a big difference between a joke and an ad Hominem.


"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument,"

Add to that your bot trolls - you certainly are pissed it would seem.

Image

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14516
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by xdugef » Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 2118
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sun May 26, 2019 12:55 pm


silence(gated) because your "learned" as reference tone selection peak was way too high....
would do the same thing with Mozart or Beethoven if you selected the maximum db peak area as reference...
it wants "the noise floor" example reference "tone"
whatever... have fun with that... it's what happens when you use computer processed NR completely wrong
maybe you could try analog Dolby NR...
you get how that works right?
anyways

s.p.i.n.
Posts: 1580
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:58 am
Location: Left of Tampa
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by s.p.i.n. » Sun May 26, 2019 3:25 pm


User avatar
¼ dead
Posts: 1159
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by ¼ dead » Sun May 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Is it really "Dubly"? I always thought they were saying "Dublin". Eggcorns within eggcorns. Everything I thought I knew is wrong.

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14516
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by xdugef » Sun May 26, 2019 7:30 pm

So I guess if the result is silence its determinate even though noise was involved ... lol

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 3521
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by jliat » Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm

xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol
As I've said you no longer want to talk about the topic, but are obsessing with Luke and myself for some reason.
Last edited by jliat on Sun May 26, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 39528
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: the cloud
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol
As I've said you are no longer want to talk about the topic, but are obsessing with Luke and myself for some reason.

Not really, and you?

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 39528
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: the cloud
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 11:00 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol
As I've said you are no longer want to talk about the topic, but are obsessing with Luke and myself for some reason.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests