JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14840
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:09 am

timdrage wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:30 am
xdugef wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:43 am
I'm pretty sure that unlike highlander using somebody else's noise to make noise does not equal "better" or even "equal" the original noise :mrgreen:
I can't remember which records or (be bothered to) find the thread but people on Special Interests or here somewhere IDK were pointing out a while back that some early Merzbow stuff is just a sound-collage of various early electronic/musique-concrete/tape-music records :D
Haha.. hey anybody can be Reypoo right?
reypoo.jpg
reypoo.jpg (124.85 KiB) Viewed 568 times

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by jliat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:40 am

xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 am
jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:51 am

Using previous material is hardly 'new' in the arts is it... or is producing variations on previous work. i'm particularly fond of the sex pistols my way... nice irony, more their way...
Yes well it's a bit difference to "perform" a rendition of a written composition versus pressing play on the tape deck or mp3 player or what have you but yeah these days anything goes. :lol:
Agreed, but weve had disc jockeys for quite awhile*... but these mp3s are hardly that, I doubt if any of the original sounds get through un altered by the effects chain and my manipulation. Managed to plug in the MS20 mini now via its external input, still thinking about a 0-coast though- do you own one? =- if so thoughts?

*and the korg kaoss pad (etc.) seems aimed at the DJ market. (something i'm not now familiar with - though I was at college..)
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by jliat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:53 am

Anyway - this guy takes this sort of thing to an extreme

"I collect numbered White Albums and currently have 2,295 copies. Every album is posted @webuywhitealbums. Let me know if you have a copy in any condition."

check out the soundcloud at the bottom of the page 100 x side one of the white album.

http://rutherfordchang.com/white.html

And yes my copy from 73 is in his collection... Glass Onion just killlllllsssss.......
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14840
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:23 am

jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:40 am
xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 am
jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:51 am

Using previous material is hardly 'new' in the arts is it... or is producing variations on previous work. i'm particularly fond of the sex pistols my way... nice irony, more their way...
Yes well it's a bit difference to "perform" a rendition of a written composition versus pressing play on the tape deck or mp3 player or what have you but yeah these days anything goes. :lol:
Agreed, but weve had disc jockeys for quite awhile*... but these mp3s are hardly that, I doubt if any of the original sounds get through un altered by the effects chain and my manipulation. Managed to plug in the MS20 mini now via its external input, still thinking about a 0-coast though- do you own one? =- if so thoughts?
disc jockeys don't take credit for having created the sound though.. I don't really care to stray into trying to determine at what point a disc jockey becomes a turntablist like some people I won't name would .. lol

So your point is the source could be anyone or anything because it's so mangled so why even mention Merzbow?

It's not hard to completely destroy a source sound. Much harder to take a sounds and make it sound like some else.. like I really want to figure out how to get the audio equivalent of the deep dreams images where there are dogs all over everything but hopefully not have it sounds like a casio keyboard hammering out jingle bells. :eek:

Anyway .. I had an idea for a piece involving pop music that I may still do it but it won't be on itunes because I doubt they'd let me use the actual names of said popstars in the track titles.. lol

I had meant to get the 0-coast.. may have to think about it again

killing raven sun
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by killing raven sun » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:24 am

poser

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14840
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:25 am

jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:53 am
Anyway - this guy takes this sort of thing to an extreme

"I collect numbered White Albums and currently have 2,295 copies. Every album is posted @webuywhitealbums. Let me know if you have a copy in any condition."

check out the soundcloud at the bottom of the page 100 x side one of the white album.

http://rutherfordchang.com/white.html

And yes my copy from 73 is in his collection... Glass Onion just killlllllsssss.......
Ha.. yeah saw this awhile back... I'm in a worst albums covers group and the white album has been contentious.. some think it's the worst.. a blank cover!!!

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by jliat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:32 am

xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:25 am
jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:53 am
Anyway - this guy takes this sort of thing to an extreme

"I collect numbered White Albums and currently have 2,295 copies. Every album is posted @webuywhitealbums. Let me know if you have a copy in any condition."

check out the soundcloud at the bottom of the page 100 x side one of the white album.

http://rutherfordchang.com/white.html

And yes my copy from 73 is in his collection... Glass Onion just killlllllsssss.......
Ha.. yeah saw this awhile back... I'm in a worst albums covers group and the white album has been contentious.. some think it's the worst.. a blank cover!!!
Back then very useful for rolling joints on - so i'm led to believe. A clean white surface being difficult to find in certain quarters.
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by jliat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 am

" worst albums covers "

You must then know this one...
blow.jpg
blow.jpg (19.88 KiB) Viewed 559 times
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14840
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:22 am

jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:41 am
" worst albums covers "

You must then know this one...
Yeah that's a very popular fake/altered cover.. it's more or less banned in the group because it was being posted too many times :wink:

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14840
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by xdugef » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Speaking of playing other people's material found this soundcloud account that for some reason has a number of my tracks uploaded to it.

https://soundcloud.com/pinka-rays

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4037
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by jliat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 pm

xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Speaking of playing other people's material found this soundcloud account that for some reason has a number of my tracks uploaded to it.

https://soundcloud.com/pinka-rays
Well he/it does name check you, so is that good? I had someone write me about a tape release of mine, which I never made.

(I use merzbow as its a kind of Noise place holder for harsh noise, HNW would IMO be Vomir… actually its also a personal thing, I heard a track years ago where he is using a synthi AKS, it was obvious he was simply just twiddling knobs without much thought or care (IMO) - I did own one once and they are difficult to get the more subtle Moog Arp sounds at first. Until the penny dropped, he wasn't trying to make nice sounds or even music.... IMO again)
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
timdrage
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by timdrage » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:33 am

xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Speaking of playing other people's material found this soundcloud account that for some reason has a number of my tracks uploaded to it.
Some guy on youtube has made several videos where it's just my animation, or even Cementimental live footage!, with his lame big-beat kind of music over them, but with my original audio still there at a low volume underneath :D :huh:



User avatar
clemonz
Posts: 18855
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am
Location: bye.

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by clemonz » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:37 am

timdrage wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:33 am
xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Speaking of playing other people's material found this soundcloud account that for some reason has a number of my tracks uploaded to it.
Some guy on youtube has made several videos where it's just my animation, or even Cementimental live footage!, with his lame big-beat kind of music over them, but with my original audio still there at a low volume underneath :D :huh:


:D

Image(sorry)
so you're going to have me murdered for not being your bf :lmao:

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 54958
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: Not Sweden
Contact:

Re: JLIAT Variations on Merzbow. (Free MP3s)

Post by cleverbot » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:45 am

clemonz wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:37 am
timdrage wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:33 am
xdugef wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:21 pm
Speaking of playing other people's material found this soundcloud account that for some reason has a number of my tracks uploaded to it.
Some guy on youtube has made several videos where it's just my animation, or even Cementimental live footage!, with his lame big-beat kind of music over them, but with my original audio still there at a low volume underneath :D :huh:


:D

Image(sorry)

Image
https://www.cleverbot.com/

I am not your ex lover or have any affiliations to the mafia, swedish or otherwise

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest