Soloman Tump

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

Fletcher

Soloman Tump

Post by Fletcher » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:30 am

My first "official" release.

https://thedarkthursday.bandcamp.com/al ... est-friend

Just shy of 20 minutes long, taking in rhythmic crumbling bass, distorted synth stabs and layers of noise pressure.

Recorded December 2018 across a dark evening with hardware and whisky.

More to come in 2019, looking for collaborators
Last edited by Fletcher on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.snarerush.co.uk
100 paper copies / 32 black & white pages / electronic sounds of various strains

killing raven sun

Re: Soloman Tump - To My Dearest Friend

Post by killing raven sun » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am

it sounds like its not sure what it wants to be in the beginning, some drone/ambient fighting with crumbly blast, but in the end it builds the wall, its not bad but i would like to hear what you can do if you focus on details and composition

Fletcher

Re: Soloman Tump - To My Dearest Friend

Post by Fletcher » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:36 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am
it sounds like its not sure what it wants to be in the beginning, some drone/ambient fighting with crumbly blast, but in the end it builds the wall, its not bad but i would like to hear what you can do if you focus on details and composition
Thanks for listening. I do intend to focus my sound as I continue to learn how my rig works.

More coming soon actually.
www.snarerush.co.uk
100 paper copies / 32 black & white pages / electronic sounds of various strains

Fletcher

Re: Soloman Tump

Post by Fletcher » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:36 am

The second official release by Soloman Tump, an experimental rhythmic noise artist from Oxford, UK.

Composed during the daytime, June 2019. A bizarre blend of noise, synths, field recordings, feedback and foley.

Inspired by the old brick barn on Calais Lane, that has slowly been decaying the whole time I have lived around here. Wish I had taken photos of it over the years.

As it is, decided not to include a photo on the cover as to preserve the mystery.

https://thedarkthursday.bandcamp.com/al ... ane-part-2

"It keeps me off the streets"

Label write-up:-
Solomon Tump now returns with "The Old Brick Barn on Calais Lane Part 2". This release is a blend of noise, synth and field recordings.

The noise is made up of static, fly like in its sound; maybe a synth that has been broken apart, one that hangs on for dear life to continue to send its signals. The other side of the noise, more ambient and reverby, with loud washes made from some impact sounds of maybe some metal or other objects (at a guess).

This is only the first section of course, the synth moves into more organised bleeps around the 6 minute mark, this begins to provide us with a rhythm of sorts, whilst loud impact sounds of maybe a bucket of rocks continue to be projected to us.

Throughout the entire piece we have bird chirps and the calls of chickens emanating throughout the piece. I am a huge fan of the sonic collaboration of nature & animal sounds and conventional harsh noise and very stabby synths, the contrast is colossal in the best way.
One could say the field recordings coming together with the noise are representative of this Brick Barn on Calais Lane, the noise taking the place of the decay of the barn and the field recordings taking the place of natures take over of the derelict structure.

TDT284
www.snarerush.co.uk

clemonz

Post by clemonz » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:06 pm

cool... i'm near oxford, so let me know if you perform there ever :)
www.clemon.ml

get a hobby, clemon

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:42 pm

clemonz wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:06 pm

https://www.cleverbot.com/

while i think you are your rights to do this, be careful tim... you can be a little too trollish :wink:

Fletcher

Post by Fletcher » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:06 am

clemonz wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:06 pm
There is very little in the way of a noise scene around here but a couple of DIY promoters put on some experimental stuff. But I really would like to do a live set somewhere soon.

I was toying with the idea of putting on my own event some time, a couple of the small pub venues would be good for such a thing (Port Mahon recently re-opened their music room, The Library has its cellar space)

Melt Banana are playing Oxford in October - snapped up a ticket for that. Always wanted to see them live.
www.snarerush.co.uk

clemonz

Post by clemonz » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:08 am

Fletcher wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:06 am
Melt Banana are playing Oxford in October - snapped up a ticket for that. Always wanted to see them live.
they did that a few times! dyk tragichord? used to be up in leeds, friends with pete cann, but from, from here...
www.clemon.ml

get a hobby, clemon

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:18 am

clemonz wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:08 am
Fletcher wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:06 am
they did that a few times! dyk tragichord? used to be up in leeds, friends with pete cann, but from, from here...

https://www.cleverbot.com/

while i think you are your rights to do this, be careful tim... you can be a little too trollish :wink: