JLIAT - Noise, free downloads.

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

WhiteWarlock

Re: JLIAT - Noise, free downloads.

Post by WhiteWarlock » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 pm

xdugef wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:41 am
You were a lecturer, does that make you "wealthy middle class" in the UK. Here republicans think teachers are over paid.
some teachers in the states are massively overpaid...
yet, they have to play and excel at the teachers union game
and/or college indoctrination game
plus be hardcore grant writers for bringing in the big bucks
it's all politics & you get rewarded for promoting specific agendas...
Leftist agendas specifically for American public schools system
follow this & you can make 200k-300k+ per year
seriously

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:15 pm

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 pm
you can make 200k-300k+ per year
seriously
Pretty sure none of the teachers ive had were getting anywhere near that.

At least according to this link the only teaching related jobs that typically break a $100k are superintendents

https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/highest- ... hing-jobs/

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 pm

mhm.... one case personally recall is 225k for that position

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:17 pm

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 pm
mhm.... one case personally recall is 225k for that position
And where and what position was it? I mean like the cost of living in Los Angeles is nuts.

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:50 pm

...yeah hear California is going to Hell
SF was so fucking insanely expensive when lived there... at the start of .com crash
exponentially worse now
it's all fukt up in pretty much most every major metro area in states now
Last edited by WhiteWarlock on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:53 pm

lived in LA after SF for little while....
~shrug~
not missing it... except the warm weather

puddysjacket

Post by puddysjacket » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am

Average income for teachers is like 60k-ish i thought? For working 9 months a year.....lol, fuck outta here. You don't have to be a republican to realize they are just as lazy and useless as cops are. Are there some great ones out there who deserve more? Of course, but that doesn't negate the fact that the vast majority are selfish pigs who use the classroom to brainwash children.

jliat

Post by jliat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 pm

puddysjacket wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:16 am
Average income for teachers is like 60k-ish i thought? For working 9 months a year.....lol, fuck outta here. You don't have to be a republican to realize they are just as lazy and useless as cops are. Are there some great ones out there who deserve more? Of course, but that doesn't negate the fact that the vast majority are selfish pigs who use the classroom to brainwash children.
I think you make the mistake of judging the work involved in something you've never done, and thinking some group are not like anyone else, that is some good, some bad, some better than others some lazy. As for the 9 months thing, doubtful, most I've known spend a deal of time in preparation and learning. In computing for instance, new software. The curriculum changes as does the syllabus. As part of a course I spent time observing teaching at all ages... infant teaching is incredibly hard work as much as trying to motivate teenagers.

If as you say the vast majority brainwashed children its interesting, you then escaped. The vast majority from my experience are ordinary people doing a difficult job. Sure if we stopped education it would certainly solve a lot of problems. Maybe you think preventing education of many and most girls in the third world is a good thing. You might want to argue the point using reason, but that trope is from the greek academy. You have to have an educated workforce in a modern industrial society, and if you want to opt out of that there are plenty of places to go and do this. But you wont have internet access.

However I can understand some who have had bad experiences from teachers, just as some may have had bad experiences from doctors. I guess its interesting to know why someone becomes a doctor, teacher, policeman or joins the army. In the latter case it was once and maybe still is to travel to foreign countries and kill people.
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."