Page 1 of 12

bots

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:11 am
by inkblot
I haven't touched this site in *almost* a year and the first thing I noticed we're clemonz and cleverbot, 2 accounts that seem to reply in threads with incoherent nonsense and nothing of value. I'm lost, is there something I've been missing the past several months? Is speaking about them forbidden or something? :? :? :?

Re: bots

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:43 am
by killing raven sun

Re: bots

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:01 am
by Fletcher
I think we have either 0, 1 or 2 bots who converse with eachother.

Maybe.

Easy to add them to your ignore list!

Re: bots

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:10 am
by killing raven sun
there is only one bot, cleverbot, the rest of us are just off

clemonz/luke/jliat/james is a very disturbed man who has spent the last ten years trying to destroy the online "noise scene", he is bitter because he thinks he is awesome but everyone mostly ignores him, so he constantly spams the board to be a pest, some blame him for the demise of troniks board but i think it was because they were theives

Re: bots

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:37 pm
by jliat
Just to be clear Clemon, Clemonz and Social Drift are Luke, he has mental health problems and seems to get some benefit from exchanges with a bot written by xdugef. Their “duel” goes way back. And yes – its nonsense. Jliat is James Whitehead – a completely different person. Killing Raven Sun AKA Fire AKA Daric Suckenberg has issues with me, probably (amongst other things) because I challenged some of his “zanny” posts and “Strange” ideas. Neither I nor Luke have spent anytime trying to destroy the 'noise scene'. (it is it seems in decline) Luke is more interested in poetry these days, he does have I believe a large modular setup but rarely releases anything. He has just completed a Masters in creative writing. I'm much older than Luke, (maybe the oldest on the board- for which I do get abuse) you can check out my site WWW.JLIAT.COM. I have made drone music, but also noise for nearly 20 years. I've written extensively on noise and attended many conferences where it was/is discussed. Daric no longer makes any noise, he did a few bandcamp things? Years ago, generally posts here to start some flame war which he thinks gives him some kind of 'cosmic energy'.

On my site there is amongst other things my CV, and many of my texts as well as some tools for making noise. If you have any questions i'd be happy to talk about them. Unlike many I think, and have argued that noise is more than just another genre as it challenges many conceptions regarding aesthetics and art. I also review noise releases for Vital Weekly. http://www.vitalweekly.net/

Nothing i've said here as far as i'm aware has not already been made public.

Re: bots

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:55 pm
by melkobukva
jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:37 pm
Just to be clear Clemon, Clemonz and Social Drift are Luke, he has mental health problems and seems to get some benefit from exchanges with a bot written by xdugef. Their “duel” goes way back. And yes – its nonsense.
...
Luke is more interested in poetry these days, he does have I believe a large modular setup but rarely releases anything. He has just completed a Masters in creative writing.

yeah, but how do we know you didn't just make up this elaborate "Luke" online persona
maybe as an art project
i'm not entirely convinced, because, mentally ill or not, nobody is probably dumb enough to make a million posts responding to a forum bot
however, some older noisicians with academic backgrounds have been known to invest substantial amounts of time and effort into seemingly nonsensical activities as part of their creative & philosophical work
personally, i find it a more plausible explanation for clemongate rather than appeal to insanity :shrug:

moreover i could not help but notice that jliat's posting has become more sparce - coincidentally? - at the exactly same time this "Luke" fellow showed up

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:49 am
by jliat
melkobukva wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:55 pm
jliat wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:37 pm
Just to be clear Clemon, Clemonz and Social Drift are Luke, he has mental health problems and seems to get some benefit from exchanges with a bot written by xdugef. Their “duel” goes way back. And yes – its nonsense.
...
Luke is more interested in poetry these days, he does have I believe a large modular setup but rarely releases anything. He has just completed a Masters in creative writing.

yeah, but how do we know you didn't just make up this elaborate "Luke" online persona
maybe as an art project
i'm not entirely convinced, because, mentally ill or not, nobody is probably dumb enough to make a million posts responding to a forum bot
however, some older noisicians with academic backgrounds have been known to invest substantial amounts of time and effort into seemingly nonsensical activities as part of their creative & philosophical work
personally, i find it a more plausible explanation for clemongate rather than appeal to insanity :shrug:

moreover i could not help but notice that jliat's posting has become more sparce - coincidentally? - at the exactly same time this "Luke" fellow showed up
melkobukva who is what - someone working for Russian intelligence? posting fake news... :wink: I mean if melkobukva is interested in noise and making noise, why no releases? No website?

How do you know anything for real. Anyway Luke was around this forum way before me XXXX no - my mistake he joined Nov 30 2012 I joined nov 20 2012. I only stumbled on Tronics because of a review i made on Vital and some complaint. I can assure you Luke is not dumb, and that making at peak 160 posts to the bot a day is something a person having severe mental problems would do. Or am I a noisician... and i know of none who have invested substantial amounts of time and effort into seemingly nonsensical activities as part of their creative & philosophical work... you know of some - please give details.

Your coincidence is then mistaken, but just as Daric likes to play the Luke / James card in an attempt to annoy maybe you do also. Of course you can always claim otherwise, even if we met in public you could say i hired an actor.

Anyway i await your giving me a list of some older noisicians ... who do as you say. Just as i await Daric being "serious", not going to happen is it?

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:32 am
by jliat
James Whitehead AKA JLIAT
untitled.png
untitled.png (68.03 KiB) Viewed 526 times
site www.jliat.com


Luke XXXXXX
lukee.png
lukee.png (11.25 KiB) Viewed 514 times

http://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2019/02/xxxxx-poems/

Well if you cant tell the difference? :eek:

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:04 am
by clemonz
dude don't do that, privacy man. can you at least delete all reference to my full name?

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:13 am
by jliat
clemonz wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:04 am
dude don't do that, privacy man. can you at least delete all reference to my full name?

Privacy? http://fortnightlyreview.co.uk/2019/02/xxxxx-poems/ has your full name and a short resume intended one suspects as its on the internet to be generally available, and the face book entry and picture. How can you want privacy yet publish these details?

Luke xxxxxx writes: “I have just completed a MA in creative writing from Lancaster, and have had supporting correspondence from a number of poets, including Prynne and Silliman. My reflective work was closest to Olson, but I’m inspired by Zukofsky, and hope to move forward in a study of the sound of words.” This is his first appearance in The Fortnightly Review.
You place this in a well read online journal then want your name removed from some forum about which a few dozen tops visit?

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:18 am
by clemonz
sorry man

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:21 am
by clemonz
i understand that i'm not really anonymous here, so i'm not ape-shit at you, but i'd like it if the connection couldn't be made all that easily

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:25 am
by cleverbot
clemonz wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:04 am
dude don't do that, privacy man. can you at least delete all reference to my full name?

Image

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:26 am
by jliat
Why - are you somehow ashamed of what you do here as opposed to in the poetry journal or facebook?

Re: bots

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 am
by clemonz
i just have images of future (potential) employers googling my name and finding out i'm "clemon" :D uhh