dilberts hotel

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

killing raven sun
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:38 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:20 am


Then why try to use subtraction from an infinite set to prove something? That's maths Daric.
:lol:
you are really off it today, had a fight with the wife?
You are on safer ground trying to be insulting.... i would stay there...
its no insult, you are retarded

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4106
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by jliat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:26 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 am

, the set of [whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is clearly not infinite, it has elements removed, but the set [odd numbers] is intact and therefore infinite
You slipped up - "the set of [whole numbers - "even numbers"] is clearly not infinite," yet is identical to the set of odd numbers which you say is infinite.

So you are saying the set of odd numbers is not the same as the set of odd numbers .
i slipped up? :lol: do you think this is another "gotcha" moment? you must be starving :lol:
Not at all, you slipped up, made a mistake -[ the set of whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is the set of even numbers. Which you say is not infinite, unlike the set of even numbers which is infinite. Yes stupid.. A ≠ (A+B) - B

That's the gotcha. That and you are using maths & set theory - which is "math is the polar opposite of metaphysical freedom, cantor was an idiot, and so are his students" - that's you.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 am
wrong again, if anything can be added to a set it is incomplete, if your set of [even numbers] and [odd numbers] need to be added to form all [whole numbers], then your set of [whole numbers] wasnt infinite, in this case it contained no elements before you added them
You mistake incomplete with infinite.

You can have a set of complete integers, and add to it the letters of the alpha bet. Or a fraction... its still infinite.

A set is just a group of objects. Doesnt have to be complete.

So once the set of odd and even numbers are added together what do you get, the set of whole numbers, which is infinite.

You say no.
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 14970
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by xdugef » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:56 am

Image

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4106
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by jliat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:57 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:38 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 am

:lol:
you are really off it today, had a fight with the wife?
You are on safer ground trying to be insulting.... i would stay there...
its no insult, you are retarded
You are on safer ground trying to be insulting.... i would stay there...

0 + 1 = 0 ……….. 0 + 0 = 0
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

killing raven sun
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:26 am


You slipped up - "the set of [whole numbers - "even numbers"] is clearly not infinite," yet is identical to the set of odd numbers which you say is infinite.

So you are saying the set of odd numbers is not the same as the set of odd numbers .
i slipped up? :lol: do you think this is another "gotcha" moment? you must be starving :lol:
Not at all, you slipped up, made a mistake -[ the set of whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is the set of even numbers.
wrong. here is where you start going off the rails and deserve no more kind responses, you are either insolent or a moron

the set [whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is not equal to [even numbers], once again you think infinity is a value, it is not
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 am
So once the set of odd and even numbers are added together what do you get, the set of whole numbers, which is infinite.

You say no.
i say yes, the set is infinite after you add infinite elements, it was empty before that

damn james, at least you are consistently wrong :lol:

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4106
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by jliat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 am

the set [whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is not equal to [even numbers], once again you think infinity is a value, it is not
The set of whole odd numbers has the same elements in it as the set of whole numbers minus all the even elements...

you are saying they have not the same elements, which is crazy.

(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - 2,4,6,8) ≠ (1,3,5,7,9) THAT IS WHAT YOU CLAIM!


I'm not thinking infinity is a value, or did Cantor...

Can do it with apples and pears.

A bag with 6 apples and six pears once the pears are removed has the same number of elements as a bag with six apples.
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4106
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by jliat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 am

i say yes, the set is infinite after you add infinite elements, it was empty before that


The set of all whole numbers was not empty, it didnt exist.

You claimed you cant add to an infinite set, but you can.

Take the set of odd numbers, infinite, add the set of even numbers, which is infinite, and you create the set of whole numbers.

Can you add to that. Of course, a set is a collection, i can add 1/2 to it. Now its a set of whole numbers and a fraction...

Or i can add all the negative numbers. Either way the set is the same size.
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

killing raven sun
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 am

the set [whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is not equal to [even numbers], once again you think infinity is a value, it is not
The set of whole odd numbers has the same elements in it as the set of whole numbers minus all the even elements...
no, the set [odd numbers] is infinite because it contains al its elements, the set [whole numbers - "even numbers"] cannot be infinite because the even numbers are removed, you want to say the set [even numbers] equals the set [odd numbers] which might be true but you would need to count to be certain :lol:
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 am
you are saying they have not the same elements, which is crazy.

(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - 2,4,6,8) ≠ (1,3,5,7,9) THAT IS WHAT YOU CLAIM!
no, thats what you claim, and you do so because you treat "infinity" as a value
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:23 am
I'm not thinking infinity is a value, or did Cantor...

Can do it with apples and pears.

A bag with 6 apples and six pears once the pears are removed has the same number of elements as a bag with six apples.
this is irrelevant to the arguement, we arent talking about real finite objects, you are stuck thinking infinity is a value

killing raven sun
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:41 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:14 am

i say yes, the set is infinite after you add infinite elements, it was empty before that


The set of all whole numbers was not empty, it didnt exist.

You claimed you cant add to an infinite set, but you can.

Take the set of odd numbers, infinite, add the set of even numbers, which is infinite, and you create the set of whole numbers.
yep, you have added nothing to the two infinite sets but out of their infinite elements you make an infinite set
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 am
Can you add to that. Of course, a set is a collection, i can add 1/2 to it. Now its a set of whole numbers and a fraction...
mathturbation, meaningless gibberish
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 am
Or i can add all the negative numbers. Either way the set is the same size.
wrong. the set is now ["infinity" + 1/2 + "negative numbers" + "apples"] or whatever meaningless list you want so it is gibberish

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4106
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by jliat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am

no, the set [odd numbers] is infinite because it contains al its elements,
No. Infinite is not the same as complete. I can have an infinite set of random numbers. Just as you can start adding elements to a set starting at any number and keep going infinitely, its an infinite set.

You keep ignoring the fact that the cardinality of all the whole numbers is the same as that of all the odd numbers... etc. Showing you don't understand.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
the set [whole numbers - "even numbers"] cannot be infinite because the even numbers are removed,
It is no different from the set of odd numbers. Show how it is not identical! You cant. And you say the set of odd numbers is infinite.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
you want to say the set [even numbers] equals the set [odd numbers] which might be true but you would need to count to be certain :lol:
They have the same cardinality, as does the set of whole numbers. And it is certain...
1 -> 1
2 -> 3
3-> 5
4-> 7

...

here 'counting' shows the set of whole numbers is the same 'size' as the set of odd numbers, I never run out of either..
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
this is irrelevant to the arguement, we arent talking about real finite objects, you are stuck thinking infinity is a value
I'm talking about different infinities. Some are countable others not.
Aleph-naught
ℵ 0
(aleph-naught, also aleph-zero or the German term Aleph-null) is the cardinality of the set of all natural numbers, and is an infinite cardinal.
A set has cardinality
ℵ 0
if and only if it is countably infinite, that is, there is a bijection (one-to-one correspondence) between it and the natural numbers. Examples of such sets are
the set of all square numbers, the set of all cubic numbers, the set of all fourth powers, ...
the set of all perfect powers, the set of all prime powers,
the set of all even numbers, the set of all odd numbers,
the set of all prime numbers, the set of all composite numbers,
the set of all integers,
the set of all rational numbers,
the set of all constructible numbers (in the geometric sense),
the set of all algebraic numbers,
the set of all computable numbers,
the set of all definable numbers,
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
clemon
Posts: 7107
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 am
Location: my therapist said NO

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by clemon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:06 am

for a 12 page noise guide thread this could use more... smt
:potato: :cry:

killing raven sun
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:08 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am

no, the set [odd numbers] is infinite because it contains al its elements,
No. Infinite is not the same as complete. I can have an infinite set of random numbers. Just as you can start adding elements to a set starting at any number and keep going infinitely, its an infinite set.
wrong. you cannot have a set of random numbers that is infinite, you can never be sure they are all in the set
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
You keep ignoring the fact that the cardinality
yep, because its meaningless when talking infinites


jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
the set [whole numbers - "even numbers"] cannot be infinite because the even numbers are removed,
It is no different from the set of odd numbers. Show how it is not identical! You cant. And you say the set of odd numbers is infinite.
[whole numbers - "even numbers"] is a defined set, obviously its not "[odd numbers]", you think they are the same because you dont read well and think that infinity is a value
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
you want to say the set [even numbers] equals the set [odd numbers] which might be true but you would need to count to be certain :lol:
They have the came cardinality, as does the set of whole numbers. And it is certain...
1 -> 1
2 -> 3
3-> 5
4-> 7

...
cardinality in infinites = mathturbation
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
here 'counting' shows the set of whole numbers is the same 'size' as the set of odd numbers, I never run out of either..
thats because you didnt finish counting
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
this is irrelevant to the arguement, we arent talking about real finite objects, you are stuck thinking infinity is a value
I'm talking about different infinities. Some are countable others not.
ignorant bullshit

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4106
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by jliat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:25 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:08 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am

no, the set [odd numbers] is infinite because it contains al its elements,
No. Infinite is not the same as complete. I can have an infinite set of random numbers. Just as you can start adding elements to a set starting at any number and keep going infinitely, its an infinite set.
wrong. you cannot have a set of random numbers that is infinite, you can never be sure they are all in the set
They don't have to be all in the set for it to be infinite. You conflate complete with infinite.
From which you derive the fact that infinity is only 1 larger than a finite number, clear nonsense.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
You keep ignoring the fact that the cardinality
yep, because its meaningless when talking infinites
No - it means countable, a term you have used. Some infinities are, others are not.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:08 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
the set [whole numbers - "even numbers"] cannot be infinite because the even numbers are removed,
It is no different from the set of odd numbers. Show how it is not identical! You cant. And you say the set of odd numbers is infinite.
[whole numbers - "even numbers"] is a defined set, obviously its not "[odd numbers]", you think they are the same because you dont read well and think that infinity is a value
You seem confused, i'm saying the set of whole numbers minus the even numbers is the set of odd numbers. Nothing to do with 'value'.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
you want to say the set [even numbers] equals the set [odd numbers] which might be true but you would need to count to be certain :lol:
They have the came cardinality, as does the set of whole numbers. And it is certain...
1 -> 1
2 -> 3
3-> 5
4-> 7

...
cardinality in infinites = mathturbation
You were the one wanting to count from infinity :doh:
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
here 'counting' shows the set of whole numbers is the same 'size' as the set of odd numbers, I never run out of either..
thats because you didnt finish counting
You never can, which is why its infinite. You wanted to start countiung down from infinity, so you need to get there first, you cant. Which is why everyone laughed at you. :mrgreen:
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:54 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am
this is irrelevant to the arguement, we arent talking about real finite objects, you are stuck thinking infinity is a value
I'm talking about different infinities. Some are countable others not.
ignorant bullshit
Well i suppose if you cant follow it would seem like that.
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
timdrage
Posts: 5446
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by timdrage » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:26 am

So anyway when you start at infinity and count backwards, how long does it take to reach 14?

User avatar
clemon
Posts: 7107
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 am
Location: my therapist said NO

Re: dilberts hotel

Post by clemon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:30 am

timdrage wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:26 am
So anyway when you start at infinity and count backwards, how long does it take to reach 14?
infinity -14?
:potato: :cry:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests