Page 11 of 16

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:04 am
by xdugef
Image

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 am
by killing raven sun
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am
So the set of whole numbers with all the even numbers removed is acording to the above not infinite,
correct, it has elements removed
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am
yet elsewhere you say the set of odd numbers is infinite,
correct, it is a complete set
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am
you contradict yourself.
no, you just lack the ability to understand basic logic
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am
In fact you can subtract any finite number from an infinite set, it remains infinite.
gibberish
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am
You also have implied that infinity is only one element more than a finite number. Again clearly not true.
no, you just did, and you again also assume infinity is a value

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:10 am
by jliat
So if you want to claim "The only restrictions on this metaphysical system are that all mathematical concepts must be devoid of internal contradiction," is at odds with "metaphysical freedom" don't frame it as if you want to avoid " internal contradiction".

Be brave enough to admit to being nonsensical. Stop hiding behind false reason...

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 am
by killing raven sun
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:10 am
So if you want to claim "The only restrictions on this metaphysical system are that all mathematical concepts must be devoid of internal contradiction," is at odds with "metaphysical freedom" don't frame it as if you want to avoid " internal contradiction".

Be brave enough to admit to being nonsensical. Stop hiding behind false reason...
:lol:

oh wow james, you are getting senile

:lol:

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 am
by jliat
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am
So the set of whole numbers with all the even numbers removed is acording to the above not infinite,
correct, it has elements removed
Not correct acording to you!

So you are saying that all the odd numbers are infinite despite not having any of the even numbers.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:29 am

sure, why not? its an infinite subset of "numbers"
Contradiction - QED.

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 am
by xdugef
Image

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:16 am
by jliat
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 am

gibberish

So thought by those who cant see the logic...

in which you gave two sets - one finite, one infinite, and different by 1.

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:17 am
by jliat
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:11 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:10 am
So if you want to claim "The only restrictions on this metaphysical system are that all mathematical concepts must be devoid of internal contradiction," is at odds with "metaphysical freedom" don't frame it as if you want to avoid " internal contradiction".

Be brave enough to admit to being nonsensical. Stop hiding behind false reason...
:lol:

oh wow james, you are getting senile

:lol:
if you think quoting you is the case, you got problems...

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 am
by killing raven sun
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am
So the set of whole numbers with all the even numbers removed is acording to the above not infinite,
correct, it has elements removed
Not correct acording to you!

So you are saying that all the odd numbers are infinite despite not having any of the even numbers.
calm down old man, the set of [whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is clearly not infinite, it has elements removed, but the set [odd numbers] is intact and therefore infinite
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 am
Contradiction - QED.
no, you are :lol:

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:20 am
by jliat
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:01 am


math is the polar opposite of metaphysical freedom, cantor was an idiot, and so are his students
Then why try to use subtraction from an infinite set to prove something? That's maths Daric.

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:22 am
by killing raven sun
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:16 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 am

gibberish

So thought by those who cant see the logic...

in which you gave two sets - one finite, one infinite, and different by 1.
you dont have a clue james, this is making you look stupider than normal, maybe check your meds

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 am
by killing raven sun
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:20 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:01 am


math is the polar opposite of metaphysical freedom, cantor was an idiot, and so are his students
Then why try to use subtraction from an infinite set to prove something? That's maths Daric.
:lol:
you are really off it today, had a fight with the wife?

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:26 am
by jliat
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 am

, the set of [whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is clearly not infinite, it has elements removed, but the set [odd numbers] is intact and therefore infinite
You slipped up - "the set of [whole numbers - "even numbers"] is clearly not infinite," yet is identical to the set of odd numbers which you say is infinite.

So you are saying the set of odd numbers is not the same as the set of odd numbers .

That's a contradiction...

3 <> (6-3) Durrrrrrr.

You also say that adding to a set makes it not infinite, so adding the set of whole even numbers to the set of odd even numbers makes a finite set and not the infinite set of whole numbers...

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 am
by jliat
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:20 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:01 am


math is the polar opposite of metaphysical freedom, cantor was an idiot, and so are his students
Then why try to use subtraction from an infinite set to prove something? That's maths Daric.
:lol:
you are really off it today, had a fight with the wife?
You are on safer ground trying to be insulting.... i would stay there...

Re: dilberts hotel

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 am
by killing raven sun
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:26 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 am

, the set of [whole numbers - "odd numbers"] is clearly not infinite, it has elements removed, but the set [odd numbers] is intact and therefore infinite
You slipped up - "the set of [whole numbers - "even numbers"] is clearly not infinite," yet is identical to the set of odd numbers which you say is infinite.

So you are saying the set of odd numbers is not the same as the set of odd numbers .
i slipped up? :lol: do you think this is another "gotcha" moment? you must be starving :lol:

the set [whole numbers - "even numbers"] is incomplete, not infinite, the set [odd numbers] is complete therefore infinite
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 am
That's a contradiction...
no, you are
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 am
3 <> (6-3) Durrrrrrr.
we used to sell tickets to watch james try math but nobody would give a pence
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 am
You also say that adding to a set makes it not infinite, so adding the set of whole even numbers to the set of odd even numbers makes a finite set and not the infinite set of whole numbers...
wrong again, if anything can be added to a set it is incomplete, if your set of [even numbers] and [odd numbers] need to be added to form all [whole numbers], then your set of [whole numbers] wasnt infinite, in this case it contained no elements before you added them