Your recent purchases:

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

crochambeau

Re: Your recent purchases:

Post by crochambeau » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:57 pm

To commemorate another trip around the sun I recently picked up a cheap Gotek drive to make an old sampler function. Installed FlashFloppy and am now chuffed to bits.

jliat

Post by jliat » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:51 am

xdugef wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:37 am
I finally bought one of these so called plasma gee tar pedals .. he price was originally north of $600-700 so I passed but it's recently dropped to $299 so I bit.. curious to see how durable this thing is.. probably won't be table dumping it right away. Also if the original price wasn't a turn off the name of the manufacturer and the hype in this promo video was also stomach turning and groan inducing.

Euro rack version now available...

puddysjacket

Post by puddysjacket » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:58 am

jliat wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:51 am
xdugef wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:37 am
I finally bought one of these so called plasma gee tar pedals .. he price was originally north of $600-700 so I passed but it's recently dropped to $299 so I bit.. curious to see how durable this thing is.. probably won't be table dumping it right away. Also if the original price wasn't a turn off the name of the manufacturer and the hype in this promo video was also stomach turning and groan inducing.

Euro rack version now available...

Hefty HP but would still rock it over an oscilloscope

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:18 am

-Zoom H6
-Zoom F1 w/ boom attachment.

These stupidly-expensive purchases were motivated by a neurotic un-necessity to record cats in 24/96.
She died before I could get much good material, though.
I've been angry at the world ever since. Seriously. I fucking hate everything. I'm so fucking angry.

Fletcher

Post by Fletcher » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:49 am

Got a 2nd hand Volca Kick and its surprisingly adaptable. Not just kick drums! Also I love how you can set the tempo between 56 and 600bpm.
Stuck it in a chain with my Valhalla Fuzz and Boss Octave and it slays.

Also have one of these beasts on order

Which is a granular synthesis / looper playback pedal from Norway. Seems very versatile, has 16 different algorithms which makes the knobs do different things (hopefully the manual is in English).

And now I am on skint so no more new toys for me for a few months. Might even sell some stuff soon.
www.snarerush.co.uk
100 paper copies / 32 black & white pages / electronic sounds of various strains

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:04 am

crochambeau wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:57 pm
To commemorate another trip around the sun I recently picked up a cheap Gotek drive to make an old sampler function. Installed FlashFloppy and am now chuffed to bits.

Oh wow this stuff is getting super affordable! I bought some quite expensive floppy emu years back but traded it for a video mixer... I should get one again + get the old Amiga 500 Andy Bolus gave me up and running :)

puddysjacket

Post by puddysjacket » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:11 pm

¼ dead wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:18 am
-Zoom H6

These stupidly-expensive purchases were motivated by a neurotic un-necessity to record cats in 24/96.
I've been angry at the world ever since. Seriously. I fucking hate everything. I'm so fucking angry.
Sorry to hear it man. That fuckin sucks

Laura91

Post by Laura91 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 pm

¼ dead wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:18 am
-Zoom H6

That really fucking sucks.

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Sorry to hear about cat passing away. Not saying it's similar but my cat passed over a year ago and I still think about her and think that I might think of her before I actually die. I should've taken better care of her.
If I ever stop posting for more than a year or so, then I died and I really liked you all. Until then, ignore this.

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:41 am

jrp.JPG
jrp.JPG (163.5 KiB) Viewed 429 times
3 2hp modules, random generators and LFO and a Dave Smith Feedback module, DSM03...

I will sell the Roland Torcido - distortion not that good IMO. Scooper is OK, Bitrazer brilliant!
Will acquire a Make Noise Morphagene out of proceeds of gear selling, including ALL my Behringer pedals.

(¼ dead - sorry about your cat, our two old ladies lived to 20, dead some 10 years now, still missed...)

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:33 am

how does that feedback thing work?! looks awesome. I need some kind of more controllable feedback. Get tired of the same "pitch", or whatever, from the same mics from the same crappy amp speaker. (sorry, for that question barage)
If I ever stop posting for more than a year or so, then I died and I really liked you all. Until then, ignore this.

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 am

DonaldKrump wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:33 am
how does that feedback thing work?! looks awesome. I need some kind of more controllable feedback. Get tired of the same "pitch", or whatever, from the same mics from the same crappy amp speaker. (sorry, for that question barage)
I'm still getting to 'know' the thing. It's more than just feedback, check out the you tube vids, but you can control the pitch via a tuning dial, and also there is a LPF - which can self oscillate. Using the CV ins as well. It seems very sensitive, a slight change in the tuning can have very dramatic effects... so check out the videos, but don't forget its a eurorack module so it wont work as a standalone device.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/da ... ents-dsm03

puddysjacket

Post by puddysjacket » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:50 pm

Feedback module is clutch, I prefer it to Rings

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:48 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:41 am
Will acquire a Make Noise Morphagene out of proceeds of gear selling, including ALL my Behringer pedals.
Sounds like a plan :) been cynical about large expensive digital modules in the past but that one looks amazing from the brief plays i've had with it, and i was further enthused to learn it was coded by the developer of the classic mac SoundHack software which i used extensively in early Cementimental days.

Having very limited rack space and at last getting some good noise out of the ones I have has actually cured me of wanting half the modules i had on my list. And is mainly making me realise that more than anything, I just need to build a new matrix mixer with as many channels as possible. :D Quite a bit of my rack is already mixers of one sort or another anyway and i'm splitting most of my outputs to different places. :D

I do want this tho https://llllllll.co/t/prototyping-nearn ... odule/8330 , currently debating whether to build a 2hp one one (looks fiddly) like this https://store.bpcmusic.com/products/telexn or just buy the Takaab version which is 3hp and not tooo expensive.

Such a simple yet useful idea

iNtoxZ

Post by iNtoxZ » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 pm