Your Setups

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

iNtoxZ

Re: Your Setups

Post by iNtoxZ » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:13 am

My Setup for 17.01.2019
This is it... now its Finish Setup. :mwha:
Last edited by iNtoxZ on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:16 am

What is the microcassettte used for?
DISCLAIMER: opinions expressed in the past on this account may not accurately reflect my current beliefs, especially those prior to 2017.

RasTheDestroyer

Post by RasTheDestroyer » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:36 am

Not shown: phone used to take picture

SpaceGhostPurrp of noise

Noise Rap: https://thedarkthursday.bandcamp.com/tr ... tt-merzbow

iNtoxZ

Post by iNtoxZ » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:24 pm

FireAlarmPoet wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:16 am
What is the microcassettte used for?
There was an empty space, i had this cassette lying for 15 years in a drawer, stuck to fill the empty space. not used.

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:31 pm

had to zoom in for even finding it

iNtoxZ

Post by iNtoxZ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Now there on photo Finished Setup. Its all what i need.

ablablablablabla

Post by ablablablablabla » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 am

32 layers on one tape....

Sounds pretty nice

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:39 am

niice

gradually getting organised:

nqmanikoi

Post by nqmanikoi » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:49 pm

I'm having my first live show this weekend. Still struggling to find the best way to set up the fx chain.

puddysjacket

Post by puddysjacket » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 pm

timdrage wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:39 am
niice

gradually getting organised:

Dunst module review plz sir

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 am

puddysjacket wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 pm

* tbh it is a LOT more expensive than I'd ever pay for what it does, if it weren't by Peter Blasser. But i've wanted to own one of his instruments for yearsss so i got it :3
* really interesting and useful module tho don't get me wrong with quite a few ins and outs: basically theres' a random-triangle-ish bipolar VCLFO that goes from realllly slow to a a little way into the audio range, a trigger/pulse out that matches that (fun for triggering indeterminate kick drums I find), a source of 'dust'/crackle, a white noise source, two inverse-linked VCAs.
* beautiful object of course :) I like the raw-pcb bare copper aesthetic he uses with these.

Cons:

* the 'Dust' (which i mainly wanted it for) and the white noise outputs are really subtle/quiet! :-/ I still get nice stuff out of them by boosting it elsewhere in the patch but then again unwanted noise/interference if too much gain after them :( wish they were as loud as the triangle/pulse outs, maybe there's some mod possible...

* you can't use the 2 VCAs totally independently, they work in a connected way that i haven't quite fully got to grips with ("If the
left input is greater than right, sound goes out the “left out”. If right is greater than left, sound goes out the “right out”. The voltage amount of difference maps to loudness in these channels") but anyway that's by design and I can just use a normal VCA for normal VCA stuff.

* he sent it packaged with some stinky taxidermied bird's wing which was a bit horrible :D tho it entertained the cats for a little while

* I got import taxed ordering to UK from USA. :( but that's just luck of the draw.

The manual is worth a read - http://synthmall.com/ifm/ifmDUN.pdf

puddysjacket

Post by puddysjacket » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:51 am

timdrage wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 am
puddysjacket wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 pm

* tbh it is a LOT more expensive than I'd ever pay for what it does, if it weren't by Peter Blasser. But i've wanted to own one of his instruments for yearsss so i got it :3
* really interesting and useful module tho don't get me wrong with quite a few ins and outs: basically theres' a random-triangle-ish bipolar VCLFO that goes from realllly slow to a a little way into the audio range, a trigger/pulse out that matches that (fun for triggering indeterminate kick drums I find), a source of 'dust'/crackle, a white noise source, two inverse-linked VCAs.
* beautiful object of course :) I like the raw-pcb bare copper aesthetic he uses with these.

Cons:

* the 'Dust' (which i mainly wanted it for) and the white noise outputs are really subtle/quiet! :-/ I still get nice stuff out of them by boosting it elsewhere in the patch but then again unwanted noise/interference if too much gain after them :( wish they were as loud as the triangle/pulse outs, maybe there's some mod possible...

* you can't use the 2 VCAs totally independently, they work in a connected way that i haven't quite fully got to grips with ("If the
left input is greater than right, sound goes out the “left out”. If right is greater than left, sound goes out the “right out”. The voltage amount of difference maps to loudness in these channels") but anyway that's by design and I can just use a normal VCA for normal VCA stuff.

* he sent it packaged with some stinky taxidermied bird's wing which was a bit horrible :D tho it entertained the cats for a little while

* I got import taxed ordering to UK from USA. :( but that's just luck of the draw.

The manual is worth a read - http://synthmall.com/ifm/ifmDUN.pdf
eenteresting....man wtf is with euro stuff and low outputs? I've got a Radio Music module with the same problem. Did not realize there was a trigger out either though... :chin: sick. thank you sir.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:12 am

:D yeah, eurorack people are all like EURORACK IS SUCH A HIGH LEVEL SIGNAL U WILL EXPLODE YOUR MIXER YOU NEED TO BUY A £400 OUTPUT MODULE AND ANOTHER ONE FOR INPUT!! but i have all these modules where practically every single one outputs completely different level and polarity signals (eg the Ginko Grains they just didn't bother to build an amp into it so it's running at some 5v or whatever straight from the ardunio and even admits it in the manual) and half of them work fine with line level inputs :D and even the loudest ones sound perfectly great going straight into my normal mixer without even having to turn the gain down

and all my LFO/control modules are bipolar but nothing else properly accepts bipolar signals so i have to somehow offset it and attenuate to get a good range :D

dunno what i expect from a format where the negative power is labelled red and it's physically possible to plug the power in backwards tbh :D

Not sure if it's technically a trigger, haven't looked at the waveform but it does seem to give me nice trigger pulses which other square/pulse waves don't for whatever reason

+ i think the connected/inverse VCA thing will actually be great once i find out a use for it :)

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:07 pm

someone on the Lines forum pointed me to this thread with some info on the quietness of Dunst, seems like there's a trimmer on the board which can adjust something to do with the dusts tho maybe not making it especially louder https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... bf#2718955

gonna try

puddysjacket

Post by puddysjacket » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Lmao....SUPER HOT SIGNALS MAN....cannot believe I was ever worried I wasn't bringing the proper things down to line level before I fed them into pedals...fast fwd a few months, actually grabbed a Mikrophonie so I could actually boost some of these scalders. There's a Mr Grassi controller on reverb right now btw.... :gape: