Rebel Technology

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

Fletcher

Rebel Technology

Post by Fletcher » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 am

Just discovered this company, does anybody have any experience with using the kit?

This OWL pedal looks pretty neat
https://www.rebeltech.org/product/owl-pedal/

The OWL Pedal is an open source, programmable stage effects pedal, made for guitarists, musicians, hackers and programmers. Users can program their own effects, or download ready-made patches from our growing online patch library.

Backed by an active community it boasts more than 150 patches, including polyphonic synthesisers, drum machines, glitchers, phasers, flangers, loopers, droners, delays, reverbs, crushers, shapers, screamers, laughers and more. 40 of these patches come pre-loaded, with the possibility of storing your own selection on the device. Without question, the OWL is the most advanced and versatile effects pedal around. It is powered by standard 9v DC or USB, and you don’t need to connect a computer to use it.
  • 48kHz sampling rate
    24 bit stereo codec
    3500 operations per sample
    Powerful microcontroller:
    168MHz 32bit ARM Cortex M4
    192Kb RAM, 1Mb Flash memory
    Integrated DSP, FPU, DMA
    1Mb 10nS SRAM
    USB MIDI

2 1/4inch Audio Inputs
    2 1/4inch Audio Outputs
    1 Expression Pedal Input
    1 Micro USB
    1 9v DC
The OWL Pedal is Open Source and Open Hardware, published under the Gnu GPL.
Code and schematics are available on GitHub.
www.snarerush.co.uk
An electronic music zine in occasional print format

xdugef

Re: Rebel Technology

Post by xdugef » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:49 am

Fletcher wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:47 am
Just discovered this company, does anybody have any experience with using the kit?

This OWL pedal looks pretty neat
https://www.rebeltech.org/product/owl-pedal/

The OWL Pedal is an open source, programmable stage effects pedal, made for guitarists, musicians, hackers and programmers. Users can program their own effects, or download ready-made patches from our growing online patch library.

Backed by an active community it boasts more than 150 patches, including polyphonic synthesisers, drum machines, glitchers, phasers, flangers, loopers, droners, delays, reverbs, crushers, shapers, screamers, laughers and more. 40 of these patches come pre-loaded, with the possibility of storing your own selection on the device. Without question, the OWL is the most advanced and versatile effects pedal around. It is powered by standard 9v DC or USB, and you don’t need to connect a computer to use it.
  • 48kHz sampling rate
    24 bit stereo codec
    3500 operations per sample
    Powerful microcontroller:
    168MHz 32bit ARM Cortex M4
    192Kb RAM, 1Mb Flash memory
    Integrated DSP, FPU, DMA
    1Mb 10nS SRAM
    USB MIDI

2 1/4inch Audio Inputs
    2 1/4inch Audio Outputs
    1 Expression Pedal Input
    1 Micro USB
    1 9v DC
The OWL Pedal is Open Source and Open Hardware, published under the Gnu GPL.
Code and schematics are available on GitHub.
I looked at these a while back except I'm interested in the eurorack module for using my own max based patches. I wouldn't get it unless you plan to really dig into that.. I mean it's cool that it comes with 40 different patches but I kinda suspect that like other devices I've gotten that were multi function that I'd really only want to use one of those functions and in many cases you can get a dedicated device that is better, costs less and or takes up less space.