Talk about music gear for noise music
Just torrent it; the guy who made it is dead anyway. Don't give those vultures any money. Also it doesn't have multi thread support (can only use one cpu).
Last edited by vnmb on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finally got to play with the thing. First impressions...
- It sounds nice and is able to generate seriously mean tones. Some demo presets are simply mind-blowing.
- Powerful and deep. Which leads to a pretty steep learning curve. Closer to Max or PD than to Nord Modular, VCV etc. While I was able to patch Nord right away, this one will most likely take weeks (if not months) to learn. However, people who have more experience in dealing with higher level environments probably wouldn't find it as complicated.
- The sheer amount of available modules is absolutely imposing.
- While you can edit Nord patches on the fly, Axoloti only allows you to edit (i.e. add/remove/reroute modules) offline without hearing a sound and then you have to compile/upload the results to listen. A downside, but not a huge one, as it takes very little time to switch from editing to playing and back. In-module controls (e.g. osc frequency, adsr values, etc), of course, can be tweaked on the fly.
- Not sure if you can switch between pre-uploaded patches as in Nord. At least, I see no easy way to do that.
- If you have a Micro-SD Card, you can do all sorts of fun shit with samples.
TL;DR Very impressed, but also a bit intimidated by this device
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests