How did we all get here?

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 am

Any turn that gets you out of Albuquerque is a correct turn.

dwemmy

Post by dwemmy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks to everyone for the help with Blackhouse. That was also the first album in my collection where the artwork was DIY (mine had a page out of an illustrated christian children's book with Jonah and the whale with hand drawn artwork).
Derek Baiiey R.I.P. 1930-2005
UVFICliberal secular humanist

Abulikah

Post by Abulikah » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:23 pm

http://www.myspace.com/idiednoise

The voices in my head ignore me.

:plzdie:

:beer:

red soundwave

Post by red soundwave » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Jackie Kennedy wrote:How did we all get here?
existence vibrates and emmanates out like the ripples on the surface of a pond, you are the stone, and various multitudes of harmonic incrongruency gives rise to self and thought, and love for the material which leads you to form an emotional bond with your physical parents during the moment of conception...then nine months later you are born...repeat as needed...
peace, love, happiness

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:47 pm

You should do a spoken word album, RS. Of course, I just listened to a sample from some Boyd Rice work so maybe that's it, but I think the shit you say would make good material regardless.

I think I have to agree about Clang Quartet. The religious bullshit pisses me off, but I have to admit its pretty intense. I mean, fuck, just look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7RbjzF ... re=related

As for me, I'm sure I posted it somewhere else already. Basically, I was real into Necroanal since maybe my mid-teens, then I got really into it around 2009. DOn't really know how I chanced upon it besides that.
DISCLAIMER: opinions expressed in the past on this account may not accurately reflect my current beliefs, especially those prior to 2017.

dwemmy

Post by dwemmy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Ferocious^^^ shit.
I feel that christian noise as well as the many genres of occult noise (black this, doom that) are all bullshit as they're all fairytales.
Derek Baiiey R.I.P. 1930-2005
UVFICliberal secular humanist

the raytownian

Post by the raytownian » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Whitehouse is probably the first.

and Premature Ejaculation (though it's really just Industrial by my definition today).

I started out trying to be a PE rip-off in FL Studio...

and it eventually developed into Harsh Noise after discovering a few of the East Coast Noise Grandpas (E.C.N.G.) we know and (possibly) love.
Not-Sea Punks Fuck Off!

the raytownian

Re: How did we all get here?

Post by the raytownian » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Jackie Kennedy wrote:what made you decide that it was something you wanted to do?
forgot this.

Basically, I was fucking fed up/bored with FL muzak... and Noise seemed "freeing" for lack of a less gay word.

When I first started doing stuff, it was completely new to me, so it was a really exciting thing to explore... and I just happened to not be put off by the sounds, which only made things more enjoyable.

Also, I suck at playing instruments.
Not-Sea Punks Fuck Off!

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:57 pm

dwemmy wrote:Ferocious^^^ shit.
I feel that christian noise as well as the many genres of occult noise (black this, doom that) are all bullshit as they're all fairytales.
AMEN!

(I call Scotty a friend, and he never pushes any religious stuff on me)

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Abulikah wrote:Image
You an old guy too?

erector

Post by erector » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:45 pm

I think my first exposure to noise was Masonna. Can't recall how I discovered him, but I do remember not liking it in the slightest. A year or so after, I gave him another chance though (along with Merzbow and Incapacitants) and shit finally clicked, for lack of a better term.

Was a long time between that and my first experiments with actually making noise, though. I'd attempted to make noise on the PC a few times, but it never really worked out. But then, one day, I ran a friend's distortion into my Zoom Tri-Metal and into my delay and, well... shit clicked again.

Let's Fight!

Post by Let's Fight! » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:55 pm

I started chatting with Justin Bieler, founder of I had An Accident Records and husband of noise musician Julia LaDense, after we were acquainted with one another from Joan of Arc's official forum. I sent him a now-ancient (and semi-embarrassing) musical exploit of mine and he in return linked me to his noise project Heart Heart Julia (which is now a full-fledged band that plays post-concrete sort of music) and I was astounded by this one track he had made by recording his coffee machine and chopping it up into a "rhythm" of sorts. I fell in love with noise music and the two of us threw together a band known as Religion is the Falling Sky. He did most of the work for our album, then I gradually learned some tricks and trades of my own and the rest is history.

RUBBISH

Post by RUBBISH » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:01 am

s.p.i.n. wrote:
Abulikah wrote:Image
You an old guy too?
this one and several others...WHAT IS TRUTH 1 and THE YOU'LL HATE THIS RECORD RECORD
Kiss Me

w4ffl35

Post by w4ffl35 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:21 pm

I listened to p entry level noise in high school. Didn't really think that much about it till someone posted a link to troniks. I was interested in how most noise artists did what they did, found out and said o ok I can do this.

And now I can do this

Kinetic Turtle

Post by Kinetic Turtle » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:29 pm

I'd diddled with noisy stuff as long as I'd had access to electronics, but after I got kicked out of my first high school, my new music teacher really got me going. We used to intersperse a bunch of noise and textural stuff with the usual pep band material at basketball games (the girls team loved us, for some reason). I remember screaming into a radio shack speaker at one of our department concerts.