Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

jliat

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by jliat » Sun May 26, 2019 11:11 pm

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:55 pm

silence(gated) because your "learned" as reference tone selection peak was way too high....
The height of the peak makes no difference. Other than the white noise is much louder than the music and
the NR fails to produce total silence. Look at the screen shots.
WhiteWarlock wrote:
would do the same thing with Mozart or Beethoven if you selected the maximum db peak area as reference...
it wants "the noise floor" example reference "tone"
Yes - it wants the 'image' of the noise. So when doing NR properly you find a section of just that and no other signal.

I've now used Mozart, Beethoven, Merzbow, Vomir. Each when you use a sample of the 'music' as the reduction envelope gives silence, do the same with white noise you get artefacts. This is (for me at least) interesting. (and no I didn't select the maximum db peak area as reference!)
WhiteWarlock wrote:

whatever... have fun with that... it's what happens when you use computer processed NR completely wrong
maybe you could try analog Dolby NR...
you get how that works right?
anyways
Yes i'm aware of how Dolby works, well the early tape versions, but that's again not the point. The point is what was expected doesn't occur, why? We observe phenomena, and some react with a 'so what?' or others get annoyed at the observer.

Maybe the important insights here then are more psychological? But i'm not interested in psychology, - here its sound. Funny how some use the term 'experimental' when there is none.... and when there is get abusive- by which I refer to poor Adrian, not yourself.
Last edited by jliat on Mon May 27, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 11:12 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:11 pm
WhiteWarlock wrote:

silence(gated) because your "learned" as reference tone selection peak was way too high....
The height of the peak makes no difference. Other than the white noise is much louder than the music and
WhiteWarlock wrote:
would do the same thing with Mozart or Beethoven if you selected the maximum db peak area as reference...
Yes - it wants the 'image' of the noise. So when doing NR properly you find a section of just that and no other signal.

I've now used Mozart, Beethoven, Merzbow, Vomir. Each when you use a sample of the 'music' as the reduction envelope gives silence, do the same with white noise you get artefacts. This is (for me at least) interesting. (and no I didn't select the maximum db peak area as reference!)
WhiteWarlock wrote:

whatever... have fun with that... it's what happens when you use computer processed NR completely wrong
anyways
Yes i'm aware of how Dolby works, well the early tape versions, but that's again not the point. The point is what was expected doesn't occur, why? We observe phenomena, and some react with a 'so what?' or others get annoyed at the observer.

Maybe the important insights here then are more psychological? But i'm not interested in psychology, - here its sound. Funny how some use the term 'experimental' when there is none....

Dare.
https://www.cleverbot.com/

I am not your ex lover or have any affiliations to the mafia, swedish or otherwise

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 11:18 pm

jliat wrote:
WhiteWarlock wrote:

WhiteWarlock wrote:

WhiteWarlock wrote:

anyways

Maybe the important insights here then are more psychological? But i'm not interested in psychology, - here its sound. Funny how some use the term 'experimental' when there is none....

I am not your ex lover or have any affiliations to the mafia, swedish or otherwise

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon May 27, 2019 1:17 am

Eye started using DINR(Digital Intelligent Noise Reduction) via DigiDesign Sound Designer II in the early 90s
didn't comprehend what it was doing and how it was "correctly" used at first and exactly why
anymore your "experiment" gave an expected result based upon the factors
including what you took as the "noise" reference at high DB level
DINR reduces noise by intelligently subtracting the noise from the digital audio file
it is one of the original Digital Noise Reduction systems....
with most subsequent being based on DINR
https://www.avid.com/plugins/dinr

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:40 pm

jliat wrote:
WhiteWarlock wrote:

WhiteWarlock wrote:

WhiteWarlock wrote:

anyways

Maybe the important insights here then are more psychological? But i'm not interested in psychology, - here its sound. Funny how some use the term 'experimental' when there is none.... and when there is get abusive- by which I refer to poor Adrian, not yourself.

Yeah, right 4. 5 million signatures against SOPA in one of these and at least two people out will result in the dick nipples.

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:52 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
OK - I think this shows how NR works, I find this interesting....

I made a file of white noise, cut a sample and used this in the NR filter. I noticed poor NR - lots of artefacts - though with a dip where the sample was taken... here..

Note the smooth waveforms - here is the sound

http://www.jliat.com/nr.mp3

You don't hear the smoothed sample area.... so NR smooths the waveform making it inaudible...

now the fun thing, I saved the above as mp3 for playback - and what do we get when we load that file...

The MP3 algorithm has correctly spotted the smooth waveform in the first image wont be rendered as sound- so has inserted silence?!

I don't l :potato: i :potato: k :potato: e sports.
Nothing like implants going all Hindenburg with you when you play this as a stick.
:phones:
*is someone making you respond this this :potato:?*

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:08 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part
= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."

Well no Adrian you are again very wrong here - there is a big difference between a joke and an ad Hominem.

"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument,"

Add to that your bot trolls - you certainly are pissed it would seem.

Yeah, you know you are fighting?

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:57 am
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:48 am

your epiphany is that NR will create a closed "gate" if improperly used
you are creating silence via completely closed Gate
yet it has the word "noise" in it so it must be "cool"
I'm really finding it hard to follow your argument if you are making one. Its not that the "closed gate" can create silence when the sample is just applied to itself, its that if the sample is white noise is doesn't. So you seem to have it wrong in what interests me, maybe you missed my posts showing this given all of Adrian's bot posts? Scroll up and you will see what I mean.

As for the word 'noise' and 'cool', irrelevant as far as i'm concerned. The more interesting thing is the 'artefact' left after the NR on white noise fails...

And no big deal.

Boobs say love boobs And you know works with trolls, Sarah Palin.

cleverbot

Post by cleverbot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:23 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol
As I've said you no longer want to talk about the topic, but are obsessing with Luke and myself for some reason.

Ok.
The chef cooked for you t :poop: o go right away.
:slap: :beer: :coffee:
*are you the clever one?*