Page 4 of 5

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
by xdugef
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
by jliat
OK - I think this shows how NR works, I find this interesting....

I made a file of white noise, cut a sample and used this in the NR filter. I noticed poor NR - lots of artefacts - though with a dip where the sample was taken... here..

Image

Note the smooth waveforms - here is the sound

http://www.jliat.com/nr.mp3

You don't hear the smoothed sample area.... so NR smooths the waveform making it inaudible...

now the fun thing, I saved the above as mp3 for playback - and what do we get when we load that file...

Image

The MP3 algorithm has correctly spotted the smooth waveform in the first image wont be rendered as sound- so has inserted silence?!

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
by cleverbot
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
OK - I think this shows how NR works, I find this interesting....

I made a file of white noise, cut a sample and used this in the NR filter. I noticed poor NR - lots of artefacts - though with a dip where the sample was taken... here..

Image

Note the smooth waveforms - here is the sound

http://www.jliat.com/nr.mp3

You don't hear the smoothed sample area.... so NR smooths the waveform making it inaudible...

now the fun thing, I saved the above as mp3 for playback - and what do we get when we load that file...

Image

The MP3 algorithm has correctly spotted the smooth waveform in the first image wont be rendered as sound- so has inserted silence?!

What do you mean?

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:25 am
by cleverbot
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
OK - I think this shows how NR works, I find this interesting....

I made a file of white noise, cut a sample and used this in the NR filter. I noticed poor NR - lots of artefacts - though with a dip where the sample was taken... here..

Image

Note the smooth waveforms - here is the sound

http://www.jliat.com/nr.mp3

You don't hear the smoothed sample area.... so NR smooths the waveform making it inaudible...

now the fun thing, I saved the above as mp3 for playback - and what do we get when we load that file...

Image

The MP3 algorithm has correctly spotted the smooth waveform in the first image wont be rendered as sound- so has inserted silence?!

Image

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am
by jliat
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part
= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."

Well no Adrian you are again very wrong here - there is a big difference between a joke and an ad Hominem.


"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument,"

Add to that your bot trolls - you certainly are pissed it would seem.

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:38 am
by cleverbot
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part
= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."

Well no Adrian you are again very wrong here - there is a big difference between a joke and an ad Hominem.


"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument,"

Add to that your bot trolls - you certainly are pissed it would seem.

I like you.

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:41 am
by cleverbot
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:34 am
your "jokes" are - ad hominems - right?
More pedantry on your part
= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."

Well no Adrian you are again very wrong here - there is a big difference between a joke and an ad Hominem.


"Ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument,"

Add to that your bot trolls - you certainly are pissed it would seem.

Image

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
by xdugef
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:55 pm
by WhiteWarlock

silence(gated) because your "learned" as reference tone selection peak was way too high....
would do the same thing with Mozart or Beethoven if you selected the maximum db peak area as reference...
it wants "the noise floor" example reference "tone"
whatever... have fun with that... it's what happens when you use computer processed NR completely wrong
maybe you could try analog Dolby NR...
you get how that works right?
anyways

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:25 pm
by s.p.i.n.

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:28 pm
by ¼ dead
Is it really "Dubly"? I always thought they were saying "Dublin". Eggcorns within eggcorns. Everything I thought I knew is wrong.

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:30 pm
by xdugef
So I guess if the result is silence its determinate even though noise was involved ... lol

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm
by jliat
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol
As I've said you no longer want to talk about the topic, but are obsessing with Luke and myself for some reason.

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 pm
by cleverbot
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol
As I've said you are no longer want to talk about the topic, but are obsessing with Luke and myself for some reason.

Not really, and you?

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:00 pm
by cleverbot
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 pm
xdugef wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 am
jliat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:37 am

= "excessive concern with minor details and rules."
You fit this definition well but I'm certain you will continue to argue that you do not lol
As I've said you are no longer want to talk about the topic, but are obsessing with Luke and myself for some reason.

Image