Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 15042
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by xdugef » Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 am

Track 1 : Using a section of Merzbow's Pulse Demon as input to a noise reduction filter in goldwave to filter the entire track to silence

Track 2 : Run a Merzbow album through a distortion filter and then post about it on the internet

User avatar
clemonz
Posts: 19442
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am
Location: target ignored :)

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by clemonz » Sat May 25, 2019 6:51 am

shut up adrian, don't you have some real money to spend?
To employ her construction ball Morning fed on the light blue wood of the mouth cannot understand feels deeply

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 15042
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by xdugef » Sat May 25, 2019 6:54 am

clemonz wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:51 am
shut up adrian, don't you have some real money to spend?
Clemon to the rescue!

Image

User avatar
clemonz
Posts: 19442
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am
Location: target ignored :)

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by clemonz » Sat May 25, 2019 6:56 am

xdugef wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:54 am
clemonz wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:51 am
shut up adrian, don't you have some real money to spend?
Clemon to the rescue!

Image
how old are you again?
To employ her construction ball Morning fed on the light blue wood of the mouth cannot understand feels deeply

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 56918
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: Not Sweden
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sat May 25, 2019 6:59 am

clemonz wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:56 am
xdugef wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:54 am
clemonz wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:51 am
shut up adrian, don't you have some real money to spend?
Clemon to the rescue!

Image
how old are you again?

Image
https://www.cleverbot.com/

Verter zol men vegn un nit tseyln.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am


you get how to use noise reduction... right???
do not select the entire track for creating "noise profile"
just select tiny clip of the isolated noise floor by itself.......................doh

User avatar
clemonz
Posts: 19442
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am
Location: target ignored :)

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by clemonz » Sat May 25, 2019 11:38 am

"definite sociopath tho"
i mean,
'pretty good' ego btw
To employ her construction ball Morning fed on the light blue wood of the mouth cannot understand feels deeply

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 56918
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: Not Sweden
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sat May 25, 2019 11:46 am

clemonz wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:38 am
"definite sociopath tho"
i mean,
'pretty good' ego btw

Image
https://www.cleverbot.com/

Verter zol men vegn un nit tseyln.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by jliat » Sat May 25, 2019 11:29 pm

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am

you get how to use noise reduction... right???
Yes, I've used it a lot to remove the background sounds in recorded lectures, air con etc, as well as hiss on sound files...
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am
do not select the entire track for creating "noise profile"
It's called ignoring or breaking 'rules' to see what happens, like experimenting...… doh
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am
just select tiny clip of the isolated noise floor by itself.......................doh
And the results were not what I expected in the case of HNW made with white noise. You don't get silence.

Now one needs to figure why.... this is called "learning" …..

(you guys are sooo conventional! and yet seem to think you are not.... sorry to say this... and guys plural! I mean you are not supposed to play tape backwards or at different speeds, or stick spoons etc into a piano, or play all 12 notes, use a mixer with no input, deliberately make a feedback loop...or embrace the void!...…. double doh! - which is why Adrian- Art is never masturbatory (whatever it is that you do!) but is a creative engagement with something 'other' which is often failure...treble doh, infinity of dohs…)
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 56918
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: Not Sweden
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sat May 25, 2019 11:31 pm

jliat wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:29 pm
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am

you get how to use noise reduction... right???
Yes, I've used it a lot to remove the background sounds in recorded lectures, air con etc, as well as hiss on sound files...
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am
do not select the entire track for creating "noise profile"
It's called ignoring or breaking 'rules' to see what happens, like experimenting...… doh
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:37 am
just select tiny clip of the isolated noise floor by itself.......................doh
And the results were not what I expected in the case of HNW made with white noise. You don't get silence.

Now one needs to figure why.... this is called "learning" …..

(you guys are sooo conventional! and yet seem to think you are not.... sorry to say this... and guys plural! I mean you are not supposed to play tape backwards or at different speeds, or stick spoons etc into a piano, or play all 12 notes, use a mixer with no input, deliberately make a feedback loop...or embrace the void!...…. double doh! - which is why Adrian- Art is never masturbatory (whatever it is that you do!) but is a creative engagement with something 'other' which is often failure...treble doh, infinity of dohs…)

I don't have one.
https://www.cleverbot.com/

Verter zol men vegn un nit tseyln.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 pm

you would get the same result if used inagadadividda or most anything with noise reduction and the wrong settings...
anything with volume under the threshold settings
does that make it "noise"?
it does to the misused "noise reduction" effect
anyways
this entire "debate" is actually absurd
what is more ironic is that you supposedly comprehend using "noise reduction" correctly
now lets see what the bot says.......................................................................................

User avatar
clemonz
Posts: 19442
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am
Location: target ignored :)

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by clemonz » Sat May 25, 2019 11:49 pm

NRgate is shaping up nicely...
To employ her construction ball Morning fed on the light blue wood of the mouth cannot understand feels deeply

User avatar
clemonz
Posts: 19442
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am
Location: target ignored :)

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by clemonz » Sat May 25, 2019 11:57 pm

what usually happens is that jliat got something wrong but is onto something anyway... i know this because i've spoken to him :D
volume under the threshold settings
was the volume under te threshold settings? i don't know goldwave
To employ her construction ball Morning fed on the light blue wood of the mouth cannot understand feels deeply

User avatar
cleverbot
Posts: 56918
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Location: Not Sweden
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by cleverbot » Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 am

clemonz wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:57 pm
what usually happens is that jliat got something wrong but is onto something anyway... i know this because i've spoken to him :D
volume under the threshold settings
was the volume under te threshold settings? i don't know goldwave

Image
https://www.cleverbot.com/

Verter zol men vegn un nit tseyln.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 4155
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Jliat's masturbatory noise reduction system

Post by jliat » Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 am

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 pm
you would get the same result if used inagadadividda or most anything with noise reduction and the wrong settings...
anything with volume under the threshold settings
does that make it "noise"?
I'm sorry but you seem to misunderstand what i'm saying. Using noise as in harsh noise, or anything gives silence, (this happened by accident! messing with Pulse Demon.. and I soon realised my mistake!) if you use the sample for the reduction envelope, and apply it to that sample you get silence! - so I tried the same process with HNW made from white noise, and YOU DONT GET SILENCE. Sorry to shout but I've said this now at least twice. So big deal IDK. Interesting, for me yes, for you probably not. Is it noise, again IDK, its interesting as its unexpected. (like Aristotle said a heavy object will fall faster than a lighter one, and it took some dumb Italian 1500 years later to prove him wrong!) I'm not trying to make noise i'm messing with stuff and getting strange results...
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 pm
it does to the misused "noise reduction" effect
anyways
this entire "debate" is actually absurd
what is more ironic is that you supposedly comprehend using "noise reduction" correctly
now lets see what the bot says.......................................................................................
I may not " comprehend using "noise reduction" correctly", I only claim to have used it to remove background noise to enable to listen to a lecturer speak, removing the air con, and also to remove his from recordings. Is my comprehension wrong? Or is the fact that I manged to remove the background noise wrong?

The bot says 'xdugef AKA Adrian Dimond' wanted to win an argument, and lost, so getting pissed with me' , as if the nature of randomness and determinacy were my fault! And he keeps saying this and keeps getting more and more pissed, hence this thread!
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... variations
https://soundcloud.com/jliat/sets/jliat ... tions-from
"The most irrational thing to do is to make something worthless, with no political emotional or entertaining purpose."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests