THE NEW BLOCKADERS & INCAPACITANTS - As Anti As Possible CD Out Now!

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

4iB Records

THE NEW BLOCKADERS & INCAPACITANTS - As Anti As Possible CD Out Now!

Post by 4iB Records » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:35 pm

THE NEW BLOCKADERS & INCAPACITANTS - As Anti As Possible CD (Ltd 300 Copies)

1) Blockading Of Incapacitants
2) Incapacitation of TNB

Two pioneering and prominent extreme harsh noise stalwarts, both of whom have been active since the early ’80s, come head-to-head in a much-anticipated collaboration where the mastery of both artists are skillfully woven into a chaotic symphony. The pairs (Rupenus & Gillham and Mikawa & Kosakai) worked with each other’s material producing two collaborations (appropriately titled ‘Blockading Of Incapacitants’ / ‘Incapacitation Of TNB’) comprising relentless metal abuse, screaming feedback, gut-churning rumbles and deranged vocals. As the title suggests, ‘As Anti As Possible’ is certainly no easy listen and will be a challenge for all but the most die-hard of Noise fans.

TNB and Incapacitants have been mutual admirers of each other’s work since the mid-‘80s and have since that time occasionally discussed the possibility of a collaboration. However, no such collaboration has occurred until now.

’As Anti As Possible’ was originally intended to be issued on LP but, due to the extreme nature of the music, vinyl format wasn’t possible. Therefore, ‘As Anti As Possible’ has been presented on CD format. Includes new artworks by Rupenus (TNB)

More Info: http://www.4ibrecords.com

4iB Records Catalogue
4iB001: SUTCLIFFE JUGEND – Pursuit of Pleasure LP
4iB002: AUTOGEN – Mutagen CD
4iB003: SUTCLIFFE JUGEND and JUNKO (非常階段/Hijokaidan) – Sans Palatine Uvula CD
4iB004: HIROSHI HASEGAWA (C.C.C.C./Astro)/POSITIVE ADJUSTMENTS – Cryptic Void CD
4iB005: K2/GX (Jupitter-Larsen) – Convulsing Vestibular CD
4iB006: MAURIZIO BIANCHI MEETS ROADSIDE PICNIC – Dictatorship of Dead Labour CD
4iB007: THE NEW BLOCKADERS and CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION – Negative Mass 12″
4iB008: VOMIR – recouvre la merde CD
4iB009: NAEVUS – Backsaddling 7“
4iB010: THE RITA – Female Statuesque 7″
4iB011: DEAD BODY COLLECTION – Quite Unreachable Hell 7″
4iB012: PSICOPOMPO (Hermann Kopp + Lorenzo Abattoir) – Synchronicity (Theory of Carl Jung) CD
4iB013: SHROUD OF VAPOUR (Hiroshi Hasegawa + Rohco + L’eclipse Nue + Yoshiko Honda) – Suicide Forest Sessions CD
4iB014: K.K. NULL x DAO DE NOIZE – Mizuchi Creation CD
4iB015: RICHARD RAMIREZ – Kept. Perverse. Mess. LP (Coming Soon!)
4iB016: MERZBOW/RAVEN/DAO DE NOIZE – Animal Liberation CD
4iB017: MAURIZIO BIANCHI – NH/HN CD
4iB018: GX JUPITTER-LARSEN + A WEEK OF KINDNESS + RICHARD RAMIREZ – Acognitive Culture CD
4iB019: FREE AS DEAD – Tombeau Vital CD
4iB020: MAURIZIO BIANCHI – Elegietroniche CD
4iB021: CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION and NIHILIST ASSAULT GROUP – Philosophy Of The Hammer LP
4iB022: THE RITA – Journey Of The K-Verband (Throat Lure) 7″
4iB023: SUTCLIFFE JUGEND – S L A V E S 6xCD Box Set
4iB024: AN INNOCENT YOUNG THROAT-CUTTER + THE RITA – Wide-Eyed In The Dark CD
4iB025: PHURPA + MARE DI DIRAC – Misericordia LP
4iB026: KK NULL – Extropy Ground Zero CD
4iB027: VOMIR – Cloitrez Et Tuez Vous Tous CD
4iB028: CREATION THROUGH DESTRUCTION & MAURIZIO BIANCHI – Nullification CD
4iB029: DEMONOLOGISTS – Acid Until I Rot CD
4iB030: MACRONYMPHA – Infinite Perversion CD
4iB031: O PARADIS – Tierra Embrujada CD
4iB032: MAURIZIO BIANCHI (MB) + SOSTRAH TINNITUS – Peripherycal Minimaltronics CD
4iB033: KK NULL – Resurrection in Particles CD (Upcoming!)
4iB034: WEREWOLF JERUSALEM – The Nightmares CD
4iB035: KTT (Kasper Toeplitz) & VOMIR – Espace CD
4iB037: ARMENIA - Infraestructura Descontextual CD

4iB Records
PO Box 206
Singapore 914007

xdugef

Re: THE NEW BLOCKADERS & INCAPACITANTS - As Anti As Possible CD Out Now!

Post by xdugef » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:42 am

’As Anti As Possible’ was originally intended to be issued on LP but, due to the extreme nature of the music, vinyl format wasn’t possible. Therefore, ‘As Anti As Possible’ has been presented on CD format. Includes new artworks by Rupenus (TNB)
No offense but I'm pretty sure if this was actually "anti as possible" it'd be an anti record but I suppose you mean that the audio contained therein was too difficult to master to vinyl? I mean I seriously find that hard to believe. As anti as possible without causing the disc to malfunction? I mean I've never heard of anybody's master being rejected by a cd plant on the basis of it being technically unpresseable due to the audio content for reasons other than maybe it uses unlicensed samples. Just saying the CD format is extremely safe and unchallenging... does it say PLAY IT LOUD on the packaging too?

Heck.. you know Matmos managed to convince a record plant to press their recent release into recycled plastic bottles so frankly having a playable final product and calling it "as anti as possible" is more like "as ironic as possible". :mrgreen:

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 am

I had noise piece which destroyed the cutter head having a lathe cut, by Dr Dub. They did cut me a couple of 14 inch lathes which are quite difficult to play on certain decks. And there are some other frequencies at certain volumes than can't be cut... cant track down this but its to do with the phase with loud stereo bass???

CD is a different matter, anything should be producible. Though I did some years ago make a CDR with a high offset which couldn't be digitally copied. I tried to find out why without luck, and sent a copy to some other guy who also couldn't make a digital copy. Offset was very high @ +28,000 ish. I did think it was remnants of some copy protect scheme...

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 am
And there are some other frequencies at certain volumes than can't be cut... cant track down this but its to do with the phase with loud stereo bass???
i call bullshit

as anti as possible would mean walking away from your project, no release no anything, but that would be genuine

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:48 pm

jliat wrote:
CD is a different matter, anything should be producible. Though I did some years ago make a CDR with a high offset which couldn't be digitally copied. I tried to find out why without luck, and sent a copy to some other guy who also couldn't make a digital copy. Offset was very high @ +28,000 ish. I did think it was remnants of some copy protect scheme...
Hmm .. yeah I dunno..

Here's a list of known CD audio copy protection schemes.. pretty sure none would apply https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_C ... on_schemes

With CDr it's entirely possible it was a just shitty CDr media.. but I was mainly referring to glass mastering since that is how I assume the release in question in the OP was manufactured because these days you would most likely upload the files and I think as long as those files are a standard 16bit 44.1khz wav file it'd go to disc..

But considering the history of Rupenus putting out unplayable releases or simply not delivering the goods it's hard to imagine a release with playable audio that sufficiently represents anti.. whatever .. I mean it'd almost have to be like contemporary pop music to be anti as possible at this point.. I dunno... what would really piss off people who would buy this..

Makes me think of people buying Metal Machine Music where people returned the record because they thought it was defective but instead they return it because it plays and it's actually a release by Mariah Carey.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:50 pm

killing raven sun wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 am
jliat wrote:
And there are some other frequencies at certain volumes than can't be cut... cant track down this but its to do with the phase with loud stereo bass???
i call bullshit
Well there is truth to this although you have more or less leeway depending on how close the grooves are.. club music is cut really loud and with a lot of bass and the trade off is short record times. Although it's generally recommended to keep low frequencies mono.
killing raven sun wrote:
as anti as possible would mean walking away from your project, no release no anything, but that would be genuine
Stop doing noise and start doing music.. whatever is the opposite of what Merzbow said.

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:00 pm

xdugef wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:50 pm
killing raven sun wrote:
jliat wrote:
i call bullshit
Well there is truth to this although you have more or less leeway depending on how close the grooves are.. club music is cut really loud and with a lot of bass and the trade off is short record times. Although it's generally recommended to keep low frequencies mono.
apples and oranges, jliat said some frequencies cant be cut, you advocate for proper mastering, not the same, unless you can come up with a frequency that cannot be cut to vinyl
xdugef wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:50 pm
killing raven sun wrote:
Stop doing noise and start doing music.. whatever is the opposite of what Merzbow said.
i am pretty tired of the whole anti thing, bunch of fucking posers, if you are so fucking anti-whatever then sacrifice your life to stop it, stupid pussies

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:37 pm

killing raven sun wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:00 pm
apples and oranges, jliat said some frequencies cant be cut, you advocate for proper mastering, not the same, unless you can come up with a frequency that cannot be cut to vinyl
Well it's not that they can't be cut but that the typical stylus setup would probably jump out of the groove because it's being slammed side to side by out of phase low frequencies. You can also cut high frequencies that would normally fry the the cutting head by cutting at half speed.

Apparently an australian company is using a laser to cut a ceramic master and they convert the audio to a 3d model to maximize volume and recording time.

killing raven sun wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:00 pm
i am pretty tired of the whole anti thing, bunch of fucking posers, if you are so fucking anti-whatever then sacrifice your life to stop it, stupid pussies
Yeah seems like it has either come full circle or pretty much neutered itself by this point.

Until somebody manages to create a sonic experience that causes the average person to lose their mind there isn't much I can think of that would really blow my mind conceptually as far as a recording goes. I mean I like outsider stuff still.. things were the person wasn't trying to be weird but just are.

jliat

Post by jliat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:51 pm

As i said i cant track this down, but a animation showed how the signal to be cut meant one of the tracks effectively cant be cut as it has a zero depth. Anyway whatever! Bass in some dubplates is often Mono... to prevent skipping.

" Vinyl, being an older and much more delicate medium, you’ve got to basically control the extremes of the frequencies. The very highs and the very lows just won’t work on vinyl – they’ll distort or the record will jump or whatever – so you’ve got to reign things in a bit."

"Most sounds over 19.5Khz will not be cut to vinyl…"

As for the CD, i made a few, always the same problem. I'll try to make one again... Also if you record a silent CD at high offsets it will flatten the battery of a portable CD player very quickly. You can get these here - http://www.jliat.com/silence/index.html

for 10 seconds of all possible silences the zips will expand to 107 gig.

PLAYING NOTES: ITS BEST TO KEEP THE FILES IN THE ZIP FOLDER* AND LOAD EACH AS REQUIRED TO YOUR PLAYER. TAKE CARE WITH PLAYING AT HIGH VOLUMES, THOUGH SILENT THE DC OFFSETS MAY CAUSE DAMAGE: :mrgreen:

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:59 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:51 pm
THOUGH SILENT THE DC OFFSETS MAY CAUSE DAMAGE: :mrgreen:
silent but violent?

jliat

Post by jliat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:40 am

xdugef wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:59 am
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:51 pm
THOUGH SILENT THE DC OFFSETS MAY CAUSE DAMAGE: :mrgreen:
silent but violent?
could be, there was some discussion over the DC offset actually getting to the speakers but on my hi-fi the cones were pushed out and remained there, so i guess they would be getting a high DC voltage to do this? And as i said in a walkman CD the battery ran down fairly quickly.

The trick would be to record music or sound - speech - with a high DC offset. The listener would then be unaware... other than a loud thud at the beggining of the recording. Simple to do - use one of the JLIAT silences @ very high (or low)values and mix with another low volume signal - in wav format. When you mix 2 PCM wavs the two sets of data are just added together for the new mix.

jliat

Post by jliat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:05 am

FOUND IT!

This site shows how cutting works and potential problems … here https://www.vinylrecorder.com/bass.html

An excellent site IMO for how cutting works and its problems.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:29 pm

jliat wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:05 am
FOUND IT!

This site shows how cutting works and potential problems … here https://www.vinylrecorder.com/bass.html

An excellent site IMO for how cutting works and its problems.
Oh yeah the guy that runs that site is uh quite the character apparently.. he sells vinyl recorders but you have to go to germany for training even before he will sell to you and is infamous for refusing to support his units if you somehow offend him in some way.

clemonz

Post by clemonz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:42 pm

TNB and Incapacitants have been mutual admirers of each other’s work since the mid-‘80s and have since that time occasionally discussed the possibility of a collaboration.
ahh, the human element :chin: :)
www.clemon.ml

i'm not being your beard for one of your rapists :eek:

clemonz

Post by clemonz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 pm

btw, myself and people like me WOULD pay good $ to download your entire discography ;)
www.clemon.ml

i'm not being your beard for one of your rapists :eek: