THE NEW BLOCKADERS & INCAPACITANTS - As Anti As Possible CD Out Now!

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

cleverbot

Re: THE NEW BLOCKADERS & INCAPACITANTS - As Anti As Possible CD Out Now!

Post by cleverbot » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:57 pm

clemonz wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:43 pm
btw, myself and people like me WOULD pay good $ to download your entire discography ;)

https://www.cleverbot.com/

I am a sick man. I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased. However, I don't know beans about my disease, and I am not sure

jliat

Post by jliat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm

xdugef wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Oh yeah the guy that runs that site is uh quite the character apparently.. he sells vinyl recorders but you have to go to germany for training even before he will sell to you and is infamous for refusing to support his units if you somehow offend him in some way.
Well i'm not fastidious for that kind of thning anyway. I have used Peter King to cut lathes... who did a good job.

Thinking about the 'anti' thing - that goes way back to even before Dada. I guess via the likes of Courbet and Baudelaire ... though to the libertines - de Sarde - Wilmot. So yea - hardly anything 'new'.

PS - and back to the Romans and Greeks....

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm
I have used Peter King to cut lathes... who did a good job.

Last I checked King only did mono cuts which makes that whole out of phase thing a non issue

jliat

Post by jliat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:01 am

xdugef wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm
I have used Peter King to cut lathes... who did a good job.

Last I checked King only did mono cuts which makes that whole out of phase thing a non issue
I mentioned this because of the "As Anti As Possible’ was originally intended to be issued on LP but, due to the extreme nature of the music, vinyl format wasn’t possible. Therefore, ‘As Anti As Possible’ has been presented on CD format." because of the original discussion over if this was true. I had a vague memory of problems..... which it seems are true - stereo bass out of phase and also it seems https://www.vinylrecorder.com/trebles.html high trebles and https://www.vinylrecorder.com/deep.html deep bass not possible. Whether this was true in the case of TNB / I split it is possible, though i doubt it as it could be mastered to avoid these things. Add to that a CD being
"As Anti As Possible’ " - well i doubt this. IMO seems like a straight forward commertial CD release, aimed at 'fans' of these guys.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 am

jliat wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:01 am
I mentioned this because of the "As Anti As Possible’ was originally intended to be issued on LP but, due to the extreme nature of the music, vinyl format wasn’t possible. Therefore, ‘As Anti As Possible’ has been presented on CD format." because of the original discussion over if this was true. I had a vague memory of problems..... which it seems are true - stereo bass out of phase and also it seems https://www.vinylrecorder.com/trebles.html high trebles and https://www.vinylrecorder.com/deep.html deep bass not possible. Whether this was true in the case of TNB / I split it is possible, though i doubt it as it could be mastered to avoid these things. Add to that a CD being
"As Anti As Possible’ " - well i doubt this. IMO seems like a straight forward commertial CD release, aimed at 'fans' of these guys.
B-b-b-but vinyl is superior in all ways.. THE WARMTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean as anti as possible.. you could at least put it out on wax cylinder.

Or if the sounds are so hard to contain why is it not on SACD or flac files at 192khz/32bit?

Yeah this title is what they call hype in the business.

jliat

Post by jliat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:32 am

xdugef wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 am

Yeah this title is what they call hype in the business.

Agreed, i mean if they had released it on vinyl and it was unplayable due to skipping etc, it might be considered a little more "anti" :roll:
Actually using your water bottles example, why not use something like a hard cheese? Or a vegan edition in tofu?

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am

Surely the NB releases where they ripped people off and never sent the LPs were more 'anti' :-/

let me guess, the very commonly known fact that it's 'impossible' to cut certain frequencies on vinyl is a CRISIS ACTOR ELECTRIC UNIVERSE-DENIER CONSPIRACY BY EDUCATED-STUPID ACADEMICS WHO WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF CUBIC CURSE and it's actually possible to cut 2 hours of hard-panned bass on one side of an ordinary LP if you tune it to 432Hz and blow weed smoke on the cutting needle

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am

timdrage wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am
Surely the NB releases where they ripped people off and never sent the LPs were more 'anti' :-/

let me guess, the very commonly known fact that it's 'impossible' to cut certain frequencies on vinyl is a CRISIS ACTOR ELECTRIC UNIVERSE-DENIER CONSPIRACY BY EDUCATED-STUPID ACADEMICS WHO WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF CUBIC CURSE and it's actually possible to cut 2 hours of hard-panned bass on one side of an ordinary LP if you tune it to 432Hz and blow weed smoke on the cutting needle
Heh I was gonna say you can get any signal you want on vinyl if you encode it as digital

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:36 pm

xdugef wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:59 am
timdrage wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:22 am

Heh I was gonna say you can get any signal you want on vinyl if you encode it as digital
i have some digital lps, they sound great, but currently do not have a DAC turntable

fuck off tim

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:36 am

I have a handful of LPs with C64 / ZX Spectrum software on them

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:03 am

timdrage wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:36 am
I have a handful of LPs with C64 / ZX Spectrum software on them
Just did a quick search of discogs and found some but they appear to all be flexi discs.. also and FFS I found some threads on discogs of people wanting to remove them.. fookin asshats.