Behringer Pedals

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

Naziexperimentincolour
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:56 am
Location: Stoke Newington, London
Contact:

Post by Naziexperimentincolour » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:12 am

noisefreaknoise wrote:and by work i mean the effects still attempt to do what there supposed to do
I got a behringer compresor/sustainer, well, like you say, that's what it's supposed to do, but it's shit. You press the pedal, the light comes on but the sound isn't affected at all! I know it was cheap but it's really, really bad.
Last edited by Naziexperimentincolour on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Part Chimp, Cutting Pink With Knives, Esquilax, Cementimental. London, Dec 14

HAHAHA, THAT NIGHT DIDN'T QUITE GO TO PLAN!

Pig Molester
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:02 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Pig Molester » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:22 am

if i press my pedal off, the led keeps flashing, and after a few seconds the pedal turns on again automaticly...

somtimes the led flashes more slow...but most of the time it flashes really fast, and it's a bright light...if it's a bit dark where you play, the led is really anoying, and you still see the led flashing if you quit playing...

allthough it worked when i used it the first time...just guitar-> fx100 -> mt-2 -> amp...

noisegoat
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Post by noisegoat » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:40 am

I have and use frequently three behrenger pedals. I use the ultra flanger uf 100, the ultra phaser up 100, and the 7 band grahpic e.q. These pedals all work awesome for the price I paid (although i did get hooped on the e.q. I paid 50 bucks i must have been high on paint thinner). The flanger and phaser both have a lot to offer in a feedback loop , the flanger can create some real madness when you fuck around with it. The phaser is handy but it's the one use the least. The e.q. as far as i can tell works just as good as the Boss e.q and costs about one third of the price. I would recommend the flanger or e.q. if your looking for some cheap upgrades. :D average price on these pedals is 30-50 bucks
PISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.myspace.com/totalvomitrecords
www.myspace.com/earhate
www.myspace.com/fistopia

Ataraxic_Ataxia
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Columbia, MO

Post by Ataraxic_Ataxia » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:34 pm

hmm... might put off buying one of these seeing as how so many people are having problems especially with it not turning on and off. anyone thought about putting a low power mod on it? even if it doesn't fix the power problems it might make some cool sounds.

User avatar
MKULTRA
Posts: 2777
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by MKULTRA » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:09 am

[
Last edited by MKULTRA on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:31 am

Image
Image
standard modern Chinese culture dictates if something breaks
you throw it away & buy another
Planned Obsolescence driven economy
if it fails sooner then all the better
as long as it works for making the initial sale
thus Behringer is the perfect chinese audio gear company
QC what's that
SELL SELL SELL!!!
Image

User avatar
crochambeau
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:48 pm
Location: earth.
Contact:

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by crochambeau » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 am

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:31 am
standard modern Chinese culture dictates if something breaks
you throw it away & buy another
While I am rue to get mired in another fucking Behringer thread, I fail to see the merit behind this statement. To lend the blame of disposable culture on the nation that has allowed itself to be exploited as the labor which facilitates race to the bottom pricing *and not* the Capitalist mentality that drives it is a fine example of the half framed problem that fuels the fires which currently consume civilization.

That's like blaming our melanin rich brothers and sisters for slavery. Ultimately it only serves to perpetuate a problem that should be bound to no class, race, or creed.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 am


Who ran the slave trade?
was there a culture of slave trade in africa & arabia?
what did arabs/muslims do to black male slaves?
are there still slaves in africa?
are there slave auctions taking place in africa now?
Image
try again?
“This world is now, at least for the most part, at the disposal of Marx on the one hand, and of Rothschild on the other. This may seem strange. What can there be in common between socialism and a leading bank? The point is that authoritarian socialism, Marxist communism, demands a strong centralisation of the state. And where there is centralization of the state, there must necessarily be a central bank, and where such a bank exists, speculating with the Labour of the people, will be found. “
—Mikhail Bakunin, Profession de foi d’un démocrate socialiste russe précédé d’une étude sur les juifs allemands, 1869.

User avatar
MKULTRA
Posts: 2777
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by MKULTRA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 am

.
Last edited by MKULTRA on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:36 am

Image
obviously there will always be exceptions....
yet really haven't found any notable
except before communism in China

User avatar
crochambeau
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:48 pm
Location: earth.
Contact:

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by crochambeau » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 am

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:19 am
try again?
It's funny how you you seem to think you have refuted my argument while apparently completely missing it.

That "no solution, don't care" mentality is universal. Consider gun control, as just an example (I'm grabbing that because it's a nice and neat example of the "right hand" falling into the same locked loop) - I'm not asking you for a fucking essay on it.

I could care less what color a person who owned slaves is. My point can hinge on slavery existing because some class of thinking formed out of the following criteria:

1) I'm special and therefore others are not.
2) It sure would be nice to be lazy and get all those "inferior" (because the person under consideration has already concluded they are not special, due perhaps to the other people not adhering to the traits that person has latched onto to define their own version of being special) people to do my work for me.
3) profit

The key here is aspect 2. Lazy people deferring labor. There is an ASSUMED power balance involved, and either lazy or greedy (take your pick, they make a fun Venn diagram) people then have to go on a tirade when that balance of power is questioned. I'm riffing on slavery and not China because that balance of "power" is almost identical in both subjects, and I'm affording myself the luxury.

Such tirades remind me of these posts of yours. Note: I am not leveling the presumptions on you specifically, as you have demonstrated in the past that you prefer invested effort and "quality" in what you (presumably) DIY.

If you have the quality, you don't need to propagate the illusion that the PROBLEMS we discuss are single fucking ended. They aren't. If you say and/or think they are, you are in error.

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:23 am

Though how does any of your argument make behringer pedals a quality plastic product?
was it an cultural/socio-economic excuse why behringer pedals are inferior products?
Japanese audio gear tends being exponentially superior Chinese
yet don't tell anyone
that whole Japanese/Chinese culture age old war thingy

User avatar
WhiteWarlock
Posts: 1531
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 am

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by WhiteWarlock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:32 am


(gun control=a nice and neat example of the "left hand" falling into the same locked loop)
port aurthur scams are not working here
next
Chicago has gun control
move there
your chances increase for getting robbed at gunpoint
amoral materialism elements afflicts/dominates both capitalism & communism
aka organized establishment politics
vox pop (voice of the masses) is manipulated via paid media for serving oligarchal interests

User avatar
crochambeau
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:48 pm
Location: earth.
Contact:

Re: Behringer Pedals

Post by crochambeau » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:23 am
Though how does any of your argument make behringer pedals a quality plastic product?
It does not. The quality of the item is obvious. The notion that the item being a piece of shit because of Chinese culture is what I am disagreeing with.

Pretty sure Uli and all the bottom dollar motivators (buyers AND sellers) have earned some of the blame as well.
WhiteWarlock wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:23 am

was it an cultural/socio-economic excuse why behringer pedals are inferior products?
Inferior production can come from anywhere, I prefer to lay the blame on socio-economic on that before culture. Now, can inferior product match as built *cost* coming from anywhere else? Not necessarily.

The point that is missed when you posit the argument that it is culture and not socio-economics (I'm just going to use "Capitalism" as short hand here, I'm sure I'm inviting a MASS of malformed boolean argument by doing so, but there, it's done), is that China is the build point because it's cheap, not because it sucks.

The devices suck because they are built as cheaply as possible, not because they were built in China.

The decision to build them as cheaply as possible was most certainly one based in greed, and executed by Uli/the board of directors/cheapskates everywhere.

To then claim that the reason that these items suck is actually because of Chinese culture is essentially handing Uli/the board of directors/cheapskates everywhere/greed based Capitalism/whatever other typically white colonization based stunted world-views a free fucking pass for their involvement.

I don't see that as beneficial in the least, if the underlying goal is high quality or an empowered or sustainable existence or whatever ethos you prescribe to.

From my vantage point it really seems that if the right hand path is taken, China will just be replaced with prison population AND THE SAME LEVEL OF FUCKING CHEAP SHIT WILL STILL FLOOD THE DYING LANDSCAPE AND ALL THE SPECIAL PEOPLE WILL STILL BE FUCKING LOSERS.

..because they fought the wrong battle, after fixating on the wrong line in the sand.

I'm punching out at that hypothetical future, because I've burned enough time flagellating the dead fucking horse.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests