Page 1 of 1
new topic post reply
Rev Bucky

PostPosted by Rev Bucky on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:55 pm

So I saw this unit at a pawn shop the other day, went to do some research, and a Google (and an MSN) search only got me references to Ebay sales. Today I went and got it (talked them down five bucks to twenty dollars) and then I tested it out.

Then, as it reAlly did nothing, I went and did some more research, and what I found kind of helped, though not really! Basically from the mini blurb, near as I can figure, you have to run the equipment back into itself.

Their are (RCA) ins and outs marked: From PRIM PREAMP, to Prim Power Amp, and to AUX sec. Amp. Their is also a Midi looking input that says From Primary Speakers. I am guessing it's not Midi, as I think this is actually a premidi item! Could be a DIN connector.

Anyway, anybody have any ideas on how I can get this thing to work?

Top of Page
Kirk-Markarian

PostPosted by Kirk-Markarian on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:01 pm

Well, it's for PA systems, I think. PA systems in larger places need the sound to be correct "time-wise". Like, if you are in a rock arena, and the band is playing, and there are PA speakers along the perimeter, they have to be on a timer (milliseconds) so that sound traveling from up front all the way to the back, is being heard at the same time. Otherwise a concert would be very "disconcerting". Pun intended. Basically it's a slapback echo with times too short for regular audio use. That's why it's a pulse timer.

Links from around the Web