Censorship in China is a Nightmare

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by jliat » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 pm

for WW

have you come across this guy,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Land

Now living and working in china.

It might be below all the noise of the popular press - media.. celebs new IDEAS are being made by relatively unknown figures which might well change the world.... happened in the past, individuals who were in their lifetime fairly insignificant, Siddhārtha Gautama, Jesus of Nazareth, Nietzsche… :chin:

killing raven sun
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by killing raven sun » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:42 am

jliat wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm
I mean mobile (cell) phones are only an extension of telephones... if you use one with sat nav it uses relativity to give a correct position
thats your wrong opinion, now point to data in the real world that backs you up
jliat wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm
I did post an experiment anyone could do with a microwave that shows the speed of light. One which - if you have a microwave - you could do yourself.
that experiment is a study in wave propagation and says nothing about the speed of photons, you are a willing dupe

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by jliat » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:36 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:42 am
jliat wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm
I mean mobile (cell) phones are only an extension of telephones... if you use one with sat nav it uses relativity to give a correct position
thats your wrong opinion, now point to data in the real world that backs you up
Well if you think about it it cant just be my opinion, as that has to come from outside - i'm no idealist, and so its based on generally accepted evidence. Therefore its up to those who think this is wrong to show how. The same case was made by Einstein with his theory predicting the results of experiments and phenomena which Newtons did not. As i'm not engaged in physics and I suspect you are not also, its for others to show the mistakes.
killing raven sun wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:42 am
jliat wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm
I did post an experiment anyone could do with a microwave that shows the speed of light. One which - if you have a microwave - you could do yourself.
that experiment is a study in wave propagation and says nothing about the speed of photons, you are a willing dupe
Now you are being personal again. It actually does measure the speed - of the microwaves as far as i understand it. I'm not a willing dupe, i accept it as its something i'm not that bothered about. All science is provisional, to claim to have certain knowledge of phenomena is delusional. Or at best a misguided understanding of scientific method.

But we've been over this many times, and i guess you're not about to change. From my part i had no opinion regarding the existence of the Higgs boson before the CERN experiments, and now i'd go along with the evidence. If someone can refute this and it stands i'd go along with that.

It seems to me you however a priori know it doesn't exist, therefore the world of phenomena is irrelevant? And there is little point to any discussion.

User avatar
MKULTRA
Posts: 2786
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by MKULTRA » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am

Mr. Science Guy, microwaves travel at the speed of light. Proven.
When you complete your study and experiments that prove your findings to the contrary please have it peer reviewed and published you bloviating ignoramus.
"With enough gain you can achieve anything." - C.Rochambeau





killing raven sun
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 am

MKULTRA wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am
Mr. Science Guy, microwaves travel at the speed of light
wrong. that is just your opinion, there is no 'speed of light', that is a myth, same as there is no 'speed of car', the whole idea is complete stupidity, either you are just trolling or are incredibly dumb

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by jliat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 am
MKULTRA wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am
Mr. Science Guy, microwaves travel at the speed of light
wrong. that is just your opinion, there is no 'speed of light', that is a myth, same as there is no 'speed of car', the whole idea is complete stupidity, either you are just trolling or are incredibly dumb
As the speed of light has been measured in many different ways, no one has refuted this with any evidence. That transmissions from objects in space have a measurable delay, likewise satellite communication if anyone is being dumb its you. Even as children we discover that sound has a speed as does light. Watch a thunder storm or distant fire works, gun shots etc.

Are you really going to say there is no speed of sound?

And of course there is a maximum speed of any given car.

BTW this sun NASA thing if you believe its real, what does the electruc sun predict its findings to be?

killing raven sun
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 am
killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:59 am
MKULTRA wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am
Mr. Science Guy, microwaves travel at the speed of light
wrong. that is just your opinion, there is no 'speed of light', that is a myth, same as there is no 'speed of car', the whole idea is complete stupidity, either you are just trolling or are incredibly dumb
As the speed of light has been measured in many different ways, no one has refuted this with any evidence. That transmissions from objects in space have a measurable delay, likewise satellite communication if anyone is being dumb its you. Even as children we discover that sound has a speed as does light. Watch a thunder storm or distant fire works, gun shots etc.

Are you really going to say there is no speed of sound?

And of course there is a maximum speed of any given car.

BTW this sun NASA thing if you believe its real, what does the electruc sun predict its findings to be?
new policy, when you post a reply that avoids addressing my point you will get no reply, this is quite likely your last reply from me since you are too scatterbrained to pay attention

in this case you seem confused by the term 'speed of light' which is factually undefineable, light has no fixed speed

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by jliat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:08 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:33 am
new policy, when you post a reply that avoids addressing my point you will get no reply, this is quite likely your last reply from me since you are too scatterbrained to pay attention

in this case you seem confused by the term 'speed of light' which is factually undefineable, light has no fixed speed
Nothing new there. Dont address the reply just attack the person. No one here has said that light has a fixed speed. Just that it has a maximum in a vacuum. In different media it has different speeds... just as sound does.

You might know that the speed of sound changes with air density. Perhaps not.

So when you see a headline such as "200 mph racer" or "Worlds fastest car 1,000 mph Bloodhound" It does not mean these cars always travel at that speed.

So you see youve changed the argument.

The speed of things can be factually measured.

"In exotic materials like Bose–Einstein condensates near absolute zero, the effective speed of light may be only a few metres per second. "

Not expecting a reply - but interesting the speed of sound is equally in your terms 'undefinable'... therefore impossible to break.
You use guns - bet you never knew bullets cant travel faster than sound...

Here is where your whole argument collapses, 'things with non fixed speeds are undefinable', tell that to the cops next time they pull you over for speeding...

killing raven sun
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:45 am

jliat wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:08 am
No one here has said that light has a fixed speed.
MKULTRA wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am
Mr. Science Guy, microwaves travel at the speed of light

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by jliat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:00 am

killing raven sun wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:45 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:08 am
No one here has said that light has a fixed speed.
MKULTRA wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 am
Mr. Science Guy, microwaves travel at the speed of light
Well i cant see the word FIXED in your quotes. Maybe you can.... but going back to your wonderful notion that if something travels at differing speeds then its speed is factually undefinable.. That's just wrong isnt it.

So moving on.

Maxwell's Equations it seems determine the speed. And ALL MEASUREMENTS have supported this. Non has been measured going faster than the constant therein used. And of course the electric universe - dont they use these?

You may cling to the pedantic error of saying "This is a 150mph" car, rather than "This car has a maximum speed of 150mph" But then you need to qualify that... on Earth.. etc.

You neednt bother to reply - old internet policy, 'dont reply when shown to be wrong'.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Censorship in China is a Nightmare

Post by jliat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:15 am

Image



MEANING: "ALL DRIVERS MUST DRIVE AT 25 MPH"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests