Recommend some watery, drippy hardware filter effects

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

Bipolar Fucking Joe

Re: Recommend some watery, drippy hardware filter effects

Post by Bipolar Fucking Joe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:49 am

The Sherman is one of those pieces of gear on my list of expensive shit I really want that I'm slowly working through. Everyone I know that has one has told me the learning curve is enormous, but it basically becomes an important part of the setup. If you can afford it, definitely get one just for the fun. Once my Lyra arrives, I'll be saving for either that or the Waldorf Q, but the Iron Ether sounds really nice. If you nab, do a noisy review for me.

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Well, I definitely want to save up for the IE pedal (they also have a really neat-sounding FM synth pedal that's been haunting my dreams). But, for the time being, I think the Filter Factory is the most feasible option price wise. So I am likely going to go for that first, unless I find a good deal on the IE one before I pull the trigger in the next week or few.

But I will make another post here if/when I do inevitably break down and get the IE pedal. Really, I'd like to get all three (FF, IE and Filterbank)! That'll be my Trent-Reznor-on-a-budget compromise to owning a Sherman Quad unit.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am

I used my Filter Factory this past weekend.. mostly for distortion on vocals.. I briefly played around with trying to get this drippy sound you are looking for but didn't find it but I didn't try very hard.