Noiseguide noise tape trade

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

xdugef

Noiseguide noise tape trade

Post by xdugef » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:23 am

I don't suppose anybody here would be interested in a noise tape trade.. so basically everyone in the trade sends everybody else a tape.

goingnowhereeatingthings

Post by goingnowhereeatingthings » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 pm

This can be really expensive if we live really far from each other :/

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:23 pm

goingnowhereeatingthings wrote:This can be really expensive if we live really far from each other :/
That is true.. I have done this before and it's usually only us participants but I have also done a boxset where everybody sends me their masters and art and I do the dubbing and then average the costs of everything between all the participants who then reimburse me for the costs. I recently did one of these and it was a 14 tape box and everyone's cost was $35.. although I'd may need to up the cost for the next one for a variety of reasons.

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 pm

That is true.. I have done this before and it's usually only us participants but I have also done a boxset where everybody sends me their masters and art and I do the dubbing and then average the costs of everything between all the participants who then reimburse me for the costs. I recently did one of these and it was a 14 tape box and everyone's cost was $35.. although I'd may need to up the cost for the next one for a variety of reasons.
I really like that idea. I wanted to do something similar with a group of people in a private online community. Basically, a label consisting of a large pool of individuals who could opt in or out of financing individual releases and deciding what parts to take care of (packaging, pressing, distribution, etc.). Nothing ever came of it, but I still like the concept of a comm(ie)unity label.

I like the first idea suggested in the OP, too. I don't currently have anything physical to trade right now, unfortunately. I do have a decent backlog of material I recorded throughout 2016, though. And I finally started sorting the hellish mess of unlabeled tapes I have in late December, so I have most or all of the blank and recyclable ones together and ready for dubbing now.

I need to go through last year's recordings and see what all will fit well on a C-60 without too much fluff or blank space. That is always the biggest hurdle for me when it comes to releasing anything.

fire

Post by fire » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:21 am

i have a project almost ready, need two, three months to finish

Striations

Post by Striations » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:54 pm

fire wrote:i have a project almost ready, need two, three months to finish
Samezies
Your molten fetus is reconstituted by warm, molten enzymes

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:59 pm

Okay so me, Striations and Fire are on board.. anybody else?

Bonehole

Post by Bonehole » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:29 pm

xdugef wrote: That is true.. I have done this before and it's usually only us participants but I have also done a boxset where everybody sends me their masters and art and I do the dubbing and then average the costs of everything between all the participants who then reimburse me for the costs. I recently did one of these and it was a 14 tape box and everyone's cost was $35.. although I'd may need to up the cost for the next one for a variety of reasons.
Count me in on this! Just give me a deadline for masters and I'll work something out from there. Anything after mid-late February, as I'm out the country until then.

Bonehole

Post by Bonehole » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:35 pm

¼ dead wrote: I really like that idea. I wanted to do something similar with a group of people in a private online community. Basically, a label consisting of a large pool of individuals who could opt in or out of financing individual releases and deciding what parts to take care of (packaging, pressing, distribution, etc.). Nothing ever came of it, but I still like the concept of a comm(ie)unity label.
If anything ever does come of this, count me in. Great idea!

emonster

Post by emonster » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Count me in. Thanks.

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 pm

As long as the list of people involved is not going to me more than 8-10, I think I'm down for this. I don't have a lot of blank tapes, and I'd like to be able to get a few releases out of what I do have.

I think I could realistically get something together by Feb-March.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Great!!!

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm in.

Mieczko K.

Post by Mieczko K. » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:57 am

As long as I can send unregistered, I'm in. I'll just need a week after confirmation to record everything I think.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 am

Okay .. everybody who wants to do this needs to email me their info so I can distribute a list.

Please send your info to xdugef AT xdugef DOT com

Include Name of project and your mailing address.

I will compile a list and send it out to everybody at the end of the week.

Seems like end of March is a reasonable deadline for the tapes to be mailed but feel free to send your tapes anytime before then