Bad Movies

Discuss movies

Moderator: xome

s.p.i.n.

Re: Bad Movies

Post by s.p.i.n. » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 am

Fletcher wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:01 pm
Loving the early synth soundtrack on this one. I guess this was attempting to clone bladerunner
I highly doubt it, their release dates are only months apart.
Bladerunner - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vangelis
Liquid Sky - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Hutchinson

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:35 am

had yamaha cs20m for while... with the case... so fucking heavy... cs20m is not poly
Vangelis took long time composing that score...
A disagreement led to Vangelis withholding permission for his performance of the music from Blade Runner to be released, and the studio instead hired a group of musicians dubbed "The New American Orchestra" to record the official LP released at the time. It took 12 years before the disagreement was resolved and Vangelis' own work was released in the United States in 1994. The soundtrack was considered incomplete, as the film contained some non-Vangelis tracks which were not included

Fletcher

Post by Fletcher » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:09 pm

s.p.i.n. wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:50 am
Fletcher wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:01 pm
Loving the early synth soundtrack on this one. I guess this was attempting to clone bladerunner
I highly doubt it, their release dates are only months apart.
Bladerunner - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vangelis
Liquid Sky - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Hutchinson
Bladerunner was in production / writing for years before release. But I doubt it too - I guess it just hit the rise of the synth and when budgets and audiences began to respond better to sci-fi, was a golden age
www.snarerush.co.uk
An electronic music zine in occasional print format

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:21 am

Fletcher wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:09 pm
I guess it just hit the rise of the synth and when budgets and audiences began to respond better to sci-fi, was a golden age
it truly was...

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 am

How is it that you guys listen in on my conversations at home :huh:

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 am

Fletcher wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:09 pm
a golden age
Unidentified man wearing a Max Headroom mask, as seen during the broadcast signal intrusion.

On November 22, 1987, two Chicago television stations had their broadcast signals hijacked by an unknown person wearing a Max Headroom mask and sunglasses. The first incident took place for 25 seconds during the sportscast on the 9:00 PM news on WGN-TV Channel 9 and two hours later around 11:00 PM on PBS affiliate WTTW Channel 11 for about 90 seconds during a broadcast of the Doctor Who serial Horror of Fang Rock. The hacker rambled on making reference to Headroom's endorsement of Coke, the series Clutch Cargo, and WGN anchor Chuck Swirsky, then pretended to defecate as a "masterpiece for all the greatest world newspaper nerds", a reference to WGN's call letters ("World's Greatest Newspaper"). A homemade Max Headroom background rocked back and forth as he rambled, and the video ended with a pair of exposed buttocks being spanked with a flyswatter before normal programming resumed. The culprits were never caught or identified.

none of us could wait for the 80s to be over, just nuke us and be done with it already, the dystopian future must be better than this, and then...

never let a woman get the best of you

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:55 am

Jeeez..I wonder how many times I've walked past Micky Rourke and not known.