16000 BBC sound effects

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

WhiteWarlock

Re: 16000 BBC sound effects

Post by WhiteWarlock » Sat May 12, 2018 5:54 pm

So just recreate the sound effects....
get a good microphone
meat cleaver
grab Ras
smoke up
&
get choppin some toes
that will get you some classy "realistic" Royalty Free Sound FX
btw he may need his fingers
for flicking you off

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Sat May 12, 2018 6:36 pm

WhiteWarlock wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:54 pm
Heh.. I know a guy who played bass for them .. he said the prospect of touring year and year out in the costume was a deal breaker for him

Bonehole

Post by Bonehole » Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 am

Yep, I seem to remember they would be ok for amateur theatre peformances. You'd be safe to assume the same for radio. Most UK radio stations used to be covered by a license they'd paid; theatres, too. BBC probably won't be chasing down noise releases. Even if they heard it they would probably only send you a letter asking you to stop. Still, if you were using them in a live context you'd almost certainly be okay given the ephemeral nature of any live scene. However, amateur usage, etc., is probably predicated upon the relevant parties having purchased the recording so tread carefully; loose floorboards, tongues and all that.

As for the noises themselves on the horror one at any rate, I can also remember some programme about chopping cabbages and snapping carrots; just in case anyone wants to record their own fx.

DonaldKrump

Post by DonaldKrump » Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 am

My source material gets mangled so bad I doubt it's recognized. Then other parts, wish I could use with clarity... oh well. Still a great collection.