'hey

Talk about noise music. Reviews, rants, whatever.

Moderator: xome

The Smudge

Post by The Smudge » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:25 pm

FireAlarmPoet wrote:
Niallllll wrote:Yes but unfortunaly/fortunately (depending on viewpoint) most others have gone.
Christ, you guys weren't kidding.

Aside from Lalli&Poop, I haven't heard from most of our affiliates at the stinku board either, not since it got taken over by bots about a month ago.

It seems now even a dead noise forum has more activity than this one.

So noiz dramaz were the lifeblood of noizguy'd. Go figure.

I even considered going full retard again *aka* back to "FAP Classic" on some shitty net release just to stir things up around here again, but it's just not worth the effort.

I mean, shit, Gov't Alpha has a bandcamp page now: why bother slamming random pitch-shifted piano notes with distortion all the way up?

I also found an FM station that does some crazy shit, I just drive around until I find a sweet spot & hope to be lucky enough that I can just idle there for a few minutes: between that and Pulse re-mastered, there's no need for anything else.

Wolf guys were right: noise is dead, bring on yr postnoise, trip metal or whathaveyou; I'm gonna see if any of the garbage I amassed is worth the restraint of not busting the shit out of it and throwing it away before finding some other method to avoid growing up.

Dood.
I love you, man. You asshole.
Seriously. Noise.
I'm THE Smudge, not A smudge.

http://archive.org/details/galactic-intolerance-records

www.thesmudge.bandcamp.com
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Xome was never the same after he started hanging out with Trent Reznor.

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Um. What?

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Oh, okay.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:50 am

I live... again!
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:58 pm

ahaha, thanks Elias

METEK

Post by METEK » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:14 am

right ...I almost forgot the type of discussions you have here ...
"Mitt val är ibland enkelt : Jag vet att om jag ställer upp för andra så finns chansen att få något tillbaka som är värt något för mig , men om jag bara kan se livet som en kamp mot andra så försvinner den chansen"

secondplanet

Post by secondplanet » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:33 pm

FireAlarmPoet wrote: Aaaah I need to get sleep: did anybody enjoy To whom it may concern?
dude. i listened to the release you posted and its seriously really good stuff

especially that last track with those synths, that one is just great

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:33 pm

I see you got a Monotron.

Edit: It's ok, some good parts, some boring ones. Some new elements to your sound, I hope you incorporate them in the junk noise you were doing prior leaving the building some months ago.
Editing is a pain but I think thee sounds would benefit from a little more "work" on them, some tracks are too long and bare. I'm on track 4, and it's my favorite until now.
If someone asked me how I would describe your sound, I would say "trashy noise". You always feel kinda cheap and dirt and not necro... Does it make any sense? 8)
Oh, and that is a good thing.

I'm skipping the album a little because I got a fukken headache, sorry for that. And I've been just testing a new pedal I got (Behringer Bass BDI 21) with my Monotron, and that kinda spoils some sounds I hear because I just made some similar ones.
And I am writting very bad, my english is getting worse with every day.
Bleh. Kisses.

Track 5 now, getting better. I like the radio or whatever in the background, it gives a sense of unity to the tracks.
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

I am saying that you are way better than Social Drift on the other board so you might get some shit from Luke.

By the way, did you followed Red Venice X England Artfags drama?
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Incoming mega-reply:
secondplanet wrote:dude. i listened to the release you posted and its seriously really good stuff
If there's anything I've learned this year, it's that there's zero guarantee anyone will ever respond to what someone else does creatively on the net, even if everything on the net is irrefutably archived, so let me just say: thank you, this response may not be the most critical or detailed, but the fact even one person likes my work goes beyond what I can realistically hope for.
secondplanet wrote:especially that last track with those synths, that one is just great
No synths were used in the making of this album. I can to a decision a while back that noise has become less interesting the more transparent the artist's setup & methodology becomes. Therefore, I won't divulge exactly what I used but I do keep records of my setups and I can tell you, none of the tracks used anything that could be considered a synth (this includes my Casios, Elias).
Sleep Of Ages wrote:I see you got a Monotron.
Nope! Again, don't want to spoil my setup(s) except through deduction: I can confirm, without a doubt in my mind, I never used or even owned a Monotron before.
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Edit: It's ok, some good parts, some boring ones.
i.e. "It's noise." :P
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Some new elements to your sound, I hope you incorporate them in the junk noise you were doing prior leaving the building some months ago.
Oh, fuck that shit: been there done that. And this doesn't apply to just junk, either.
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Editing is a pain but I think thee sounds would benefit from a little more "work" on them, some tracks are too long and bare.
I had a conversation with Zalhietzli before this album was put up, and he said something to the effect of "sometimes, you just got to say 'fuck it' to editing" which really stuck with me. You are right, though, there were benefits to be had albiet they would come with some very difficult decisions. I just couldn't tolerate sitting on them without doing anything with them anymore.
Check out the "Recycled Out of Shape volume 1" topic in the mp3 section for something that's a bit tighter in terms of editing. While you're at it, check out the rest of it too; shit, it's not like anyone else is!
Sleep Of Ages wrote:If someone asked me how I would describe your sound, I would say "trashy noise". You always feel kinda cheap and dirt and not necro... Does it make any sense?
Sure it does, I just wish that sound was intentional 100% of the time, instead of the fraction of the time where I actually do aim for a trashy sound.
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Track 5 now, getting better. I like the radio or whatever in the background, it gives a sense of unity to the tracks.
Here's a little secret: there are three sets of two tracks that each use the same or a similar setup, making for six total tracks of this kind. The other track is mostly disconnected from this method. The titles of the tracks hint a little bit as to which ones are related, however there is at least one red herring in the way they are structured. Have fun :mrgreen:
Sleep Of Ages wrote:I am saying that you are way better than Social Drift on the other board so you might get some shit from Luke.
I don't care: Luke's proven to be mostly legit, as tim said. If he wants to fling shit, which I doubt he does, I'll just build a wall to block it and carry on as normal.
Sleep Of Ages wrote:By the way, did you followed Red Venice X England Artfags drama?
Yes, and in short, no comment.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:15 pm

Yeah, you're back
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Sleep Of Ages wrote:Yeah, you're black
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Smudge

Post by The Smudge » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:00 am

FireAlarmPoet wrote:
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Yeah, you're black
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
wallpaper
I'm THE Smudge, not A smudge.

http://archive.org/details/galactic-intolerance-records

www.thesmudge.bandcamp.com
Sleep Of Ages wrote:Xome was never the same after he started hanging out with Trent Reznor.