Hot peppers

Share food & beverage recipes with your noise pals.
ZeroGravityFuneral

Hot peppers

Post by ZeroGravityFuneral » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:46 am

Share anything that revolves around the spicey little demons. I prefer Cayenne peoppers so stuff with them in it would be cool

Laura91

Post by Laura91 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:52 am

I used to LOVE hot peppers, hot sauces and all that stuff. But I decided that I really needed to back off on all of it because I didn't want to run the risk of getting an ulcer.

This sauce was my favorite. One large bottle was only just over $3 and would last quite awhile. Also, it didn't have a lot of extra shitty ingredients. Just what ya needed and that was all.

ZeroGravityFuneral

Post by ZeroGravityFuneral » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 am

That's all I eat is hot peppers

JoeTheStache

Post by JoeTheStache » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:22 pm

In NM, there is a crop grown called Green Chile. It is delicious and i put it on almost everything i can.

secondplanet

Re: reply

Post by secondplanet » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Laura91 wrote:I used to LOVE hot peppers, hot sauces and all that stuff. But I decided that I really needed to back off on all of it because I didn't want to run the risk of getting an ulcer.
I always heard that the ulcer thing was a myth and that most ulcers are caused by bacteria rather than having to do with hot peppers.

secondplanet

Post by secondplanet » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:34 pm

I can't eat anything without chilli flakes and hot sauce anymore, and I keep having to add more as my tolerance increases... I love it though

as far as pepper recipes, I've always wanted to try armadillo eggs...

spoiledpussy

Post by spoiledpussy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:12 pm

I make this hot sauce with dried new Mexican chilies, California chilies, Arbol, and japonese (red long hot chilis). Roast in a cast iron pan then soak til soft. Blend in food processor with fresh garlic, and sauteed onion and salt. Eat on everything. Oh this is HOT!
"morse code on mushrooms"

ZeroGravityFuneral

Post by ZeroGravityFuneral » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:19 am

spoiledpussy wrote:I make this hot sauce with dried new Mexican chilies, California chilies, Arbol, and japonese (red long hot chilis). Roast in a cast iron pan then soak til soft. Blend in food processor with fresh garlic, and sauteed onion and salt. Eat on everything. Oh this is HOT!
im gonna try this

the_lurking_ear

Post by the_lurking_ear » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:39 pm

JoeTheStache wrote:In NM, there is a crop grown called Green Chile. It is delicious and i put it on almost everything i can.
fuck, I couldn't eat enough green chile when I was in NM a few years ago. New Mexican food is excellent in general.
Discipline Jar

"How do I get that chhhhrkrkrkrk sound?" -Sleep of Ages

spoiledpussy

Post by spoiledpussy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:01 pm

ZeroGravityFuneral wrote:
spoiledpussy wrote:I make this hot sauce with dried new Mexican chilies, California chilies, Arbol, and japonese (red long hot chilis). Roast in a cast iron pan then soak til soft. Blend in food processor with fresh garlic, and sauteed onion aI forgotnd salt. Eat on everything. Oh this is HOT!
im gonna try this
I forgot to say you have to clean the seeds out of the larger peppers after soaking. I just blend the hotter smaller seeds...ya hot.
"morse code on mushrooms"

AimmarCair

Post by AimmarCair » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 am

Waha Wera make a really nice Kiwi and Habanero sauce. I love it.
I need something.

JoeTheStache

Post by JoeTheStache » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:04 pm

the_lurking_ear wrote:
JoeTheStache wrote:In NM, there is a crop grown called Green Chile. It is delicious and i put it on almost everything i can.
fuck, I couldn't eat enough green chile when I was in NM a few years ago. New Mexican food is excellent in general.
Eh, New Mexican is good until you realize that it's pretty much all the same. By which i mean, there are like a handful of dishes. Every "New Mexican" restaurant has near the same menus. I will always stand by the Green Chile though, and when i move away, i will have to be sure to keep in touch with someone so they can ship me fresh roasted chiles every year.

ZeroGravityFuneral

Post by ZeroGravityFuneral » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:21 am

Really...this post is old as hell and nobody mentions this

ZeroGravityFuneral

Post by ZeroGravityFuneral » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:22 am

Really...this post is old as hell and nobody mentions this

Claud601

Post by Claud601 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:51 am

ZeroGravityFuneral wrote:Really...this post is old as hell and nobody mentions this

Image[/quotover rated