junk food

Share food & beverage recipes with your noise pals.
fire

junk food

Post by fire » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

People who eat processed junk food are angry, irritable, say scientists

The things you eat have a direct effect on your state of mind, and even have the power to drastically alter your behavioral patterns. These are the findings of a new study out of Oxford University in the U.K., which revealed that processed junk food consumption can lead to aggression, irritability, and even violent tendencies.

"Deficiencies in nutrients, magnesium or manganese, vitamin C, or some B vitamins may make a person hyperactive towards a stressor, a short fuse so to speak," says Nicolette Pace, a nutritionist, concerning excess consumption of empty carbohydrate junk food. "[Carbohydrates] don't give your body what you need to cope with day-to-day stresses."

A similar study recently put out by researchers at Penn State came to similar conclusions, having found that individuals already prone to moodiness are even more likely to be in a bad state of mind if they eat junk food. According to that study, negative moods are amplified considerably following junk food consumption.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039655_proce ... earch.html
[17,963] days since last fuck given

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Today, I drank an XL-sized Slurpee, sitting on a bench outside of the 7-11; backpack filled with all my shit, listening to Wall of Voodoo; watching the people go by, watching life simply happen, in the windy yet warm Florida weather.

I say this without an ounce of sarcasm or hyperbole in my mind, it was the closest I've ever been to genuine happiness in years.

Also, I thought you didn't believe in science? lol.

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Guy has a family who can afford to go on vacation (that is such an alien concept to me... I've never "taken a vacation" in my entire life. Vacation in my family = we have to go to a funeral out of state), and he's not happy.

GTFO.

xdugef

Re: junk food

Post by xdugef » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 pm

fire wrote:People who eat processed junk food are angry, irritable, say scientists
so what's your excuse? :spin:

fire

Post by fire » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:55 pm

¼ dead wrote:Guy has a family who can afford to go on vacation (that is such an alien concept to me... I've never "taken a vacation" in my entire life. Vacation in my family = we have to go to a funeral out of state), and he's not happy.

GTFO.
no shit. fappy, i hope you are handing out sandwiches. you sound pretty fucking pretentious there, man. do yourself a favor and just stay there, just you and your backpack of shit, fuck your vacation and your parents, take this opportunity to follow that happiness, wander where it goes.
I DARE YOU.

as for science, i know the most of you are into it, so i use it against you. there, happy?

fire

Post by fire » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 pm

xdugef wrote:
fire wrote:People who eat processed junk food are angry, irritable, say scientists
people who eat processed junk food

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:20 pm

fire wrote:
xdugef wrote:
people who eat processed junk food
really? With so many things you could get your panties in a bunch over this is the rage inducing topic de jour?

Johnny shouldn't have eaten that donut

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Am I missing something in the translation? Fappy posted something marginally related to this thread saying that he tasted the magic Slurpee of happiness, and people get mad at him for not being happy all the time...?
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

fire

Post by fire » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:46 pm

slacking in pavement paradise drinking industrial pollution and waxing poetic about it like he is ponce de leon is kinda sad. im pretty sure hes not even stoned.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:51 pm

You perceive how much you sound like RJMyato now?

If I said the same thing that Fap said no one would care, or, maybe even feel some simpathy. Wtf. There's just some heavy overcriticism there, borderline absurd.
This routine got boring so long ago...
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

fire

Post by fire » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Sleep Of Ages wrote:You perceive how much you sound like RJMyato now?

If I said the same thing that Fap said no one would care, or, maybe even feel some simpathy. Wtf. There's just some heavy overcriticism there, borderline absurd.
This routine got boring so long ago...
lol. i doubt you would do/post such vapid nonsense. but now that you are on my radar...

fap seems to think theres something special about me so i let him know my unadultered thoughts. dont worry, im sure my little rocks wont damage his castle.

anyway, im not against happiness. im pro suffering.

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 am

fire wrote:fap seems to think theres something special about me

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 pm

My parents aren't rich, and I'm not either.

Seems like I always have to belabor this point, because it always comes down to this.

Let's say for the sake of argument that, yes, I am a spoiled, priveleged, poor little white boy with a knack for complaining, despite the fact there's a lot of people who would kill for simply the chances I had: fine, I'll concede to that.

That doesn't mean I can't feel sad, that I can't feel pain, or by depressed, or be unhappy.
Shit, I think Jon himself even admitted this at one point.
Money does not equate to happiness; likewise, taking pride in suffering doesn't equate to happiness either.
Both do, however, serve to augment artificial status symbols created to cope with an overabundance or underabundance of percieved or real suffering, in whatever forms that suffeirng may be.

To make a long story short, I don't find pride in pretending I'm somehow better than you all for suffering or, conversely, indulging.

I just wanted to express how great I felt that day because of the rahter loose connection it had with the topic, but you assholes had to turn it into some class struggle bullshit, because you're all pissed off with your own lives.

Now THAT is why I'm unhappy.

fire

Post by fire » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:04 pm

tl;dr

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:35 pm

You're not trolling, fire, you're just starting shit without finishing it.