Question about Rocky Balboa

Share food & beverage recipes with your noise pals.
amishrobots

Question about Rocky Balboa

Post by amishrobots » Wed May 10, 2017 5:06 pm

When Rocky was beating his meat in that beef warehouse or whatever, I assume it would make the meat was more tender? More valuable? I mean, if nothing else, surely the butcher could sell cuts of that meat as "Rocky Steaks" or something.

Back in the real world though, I wonder what happened to the actual meat when they were done filming?

There should be more movies about guys who beat up dead animals in their spare time. I picture Vin diesel using dead geese/ducks as speed bags.

xdugef

Re: Question about Rocky Balboa

Post by xdugef » Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 am

amishrobots wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Back in the real world though, I wonder what happened to the actual meat when they were done filming?

Don't know but I found this little bit of info.. not entirely sure what they mean.. sounds like it hurts
When filming the scene where Rocky punches slabs of beef in the meat locker, Sylvester Stallone punched the meat for so long and so hard that he flattened out his knuckles. To this very day, his knuckles are completely level whenever he makes a fist.
Also he was punching the meat so hard he was audibly cracking the ribs.. so besides the fact that I imagine having a guy punching the meat is some sort of health code violation.. I'd think breaking all the ribs would be undesirable if you wanted to sell the ribs.

However I imagine the spoiled meat would not be thrown away and could be used for dog food if not for humans.

culvercitymeat.jpg
culvercitymeat.jpg (29.58 KiB) Viewed 660 times

amishrobots

Re: Question about Rocky Balboa

Post by amishrobots » Thu May 11, 2017 11:48 am

When filming the scene where Rocky punches slabs of beef in the meat locker, Sylvester Stallone punched the meat for so long and so hard that he flattened out his knuckles. To this very day, his knuckles are completely level whenever he makes a fist.
Hmm, That's actually interesting.
xdugef wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 am
However I imagine the spoiled meat would not be thrown away and could be used for dog food if not for humans.
So probably MacDonald's then.