LMTML

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

LMTML

LMTML

Post by LMTML » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:51 am

(Moved this thread here)
First post here! Couldn't think of anything else than "promoting" my shit.
I'm pretty new to making noise. It used to be an on off thing for a couple of years (digital stuff back then, mostly for my own entertainment) without releasing or uploading anything out to the internet. Now that I've gathered some physical gear and done one unofficial "show" last summer I've actually put stuff out for people to hear.
I've got stuff up in bandcamp. Let me know what you think, I'd really appreciate it.

https://lmtml.bandcamp.com/
"Turha vaiva täällä,
turha onpi taistelo
ja kaikkisuus mailman, turha!"

jliat

Re: LMTML

Post by jliat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:00 am

Noise – and Harsh. (just what it says on the tin!) - Track of one of disasters had a good range of dynamics, Track 3 @ 7 minutes the 'speed' was faster – excellent. Some 'nice' bits of feedback in the high registers. Maybe you should explore the use of white noise filtered and more bass at times? (if I was to suggest anything).

Choke sounded very different – more raw! Was it recorded differently? Nice pulse @ 2'40”.. Stigma different yet again – more mechanical and distorted – though i've not had chance to listen to all of this last album...

Re the design of the –bandcamp page dark grey on black is for me a little too industrial? Also i'd like to see more information, instruments and maybe short CV. Though others here prefer anonymity. But reviewers tend to like some background IMO.

As you say no edits you could obviously perform live. I suppose the next move would be tape / CDR for review sales! Trade? Perhaps cassette, and maybe sort out images. Again if I could say as you are Helsinki – Finland i'd be inclined to use that – re images etc. It has a certain 'character' which those in the rest of Europe / USA might find interesting... different... Scandinavian wilderness / noir..

Good Luck – nice work.

p.s. LMTML in google gives your bandcamp page -= which is good, get a web page / blog...!!!

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am

disasters- good stuff, tracks are too long, sounds like one take cut up into pieces, i want more pieces in that case

stigma- sounds great, tracks are epic length but tolerable

WhiteWarlock

Post by WhiteWarlock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:58 am

palindromes obviously make for good logo art and easy remembering
even though
every time eye see your "alias" my brain reads HTML
must be side effect from speed reading too much source code while debugging

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:39 am

Yeah, so if you are aiming for the übernerd market probably you should rethink that.

s.p.i.n.

Post by s.p.i.n. » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Oh yeah, I knew after less than 10 sec of the first track I liked this.. good job.

melkobukva

Post by melkobukva » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 am

Very cool crispy tone on Disasters. Something I'd expect frome a tube amp. What was the setup?

LMTML

Post by LMTML » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:27 am

Overwhelmed by the amount of positive feedback, thanks guys!

I've been thinking about the visual side of my bandcamp and releases a bit. I live in one of the most "brutalist" parts of Helsinki.
The architecture here is pretty bleak, so that might actually go well with the kind of feelings I wish to provoke with this project.

I'm planning on doing shorter songlengths in the future releases, I admit that Stigma had massive songs, but I guess it was because my sessions were pretty long. Most of Stigma is pure no input feedback experimentation, which might play a big part in why it's kind of "mechanical" sounding.
"Turha vaiva täällä,
turha onpi taistelo
ja kaikkisuus mailman, turha!"

killing raven sun

Post by killing raven sun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:46 am

LMTML wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:27 am
I've been thinking about the visual side of my bandcamp and releases a bit. I live in one of the most "brutalist" parts of Helsinki.
The architecture here is pretty bleak
YES, moar please
LMTML wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:27 am
I'm planning on doing shorter songlengths in the future releases, I admit that Stigma had massive songs, but I guess it was because my sessions were pretty long.
so, dont get me wrong here, some stuff is good when its long, like your stigma pieces, maybe even longer, but its not for every situation, sometimes its just repetitive and boring after five minutes, depends on what feeling you are trying to evoke

anyway, if you do long wanking sessions sometimes you can isolate short pieces that are worth cutting out, and i mean like less than a minute, maybe just three seconds is the cool part, BAM-three second track, then find like 20 more and youre good

this is all of course my worthless opinion, doing what you want is all that matters