Minnie – Demos

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

Minnie

Minnie – Demos

Post by Minnie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to share what I have recorded so far. These are tracks I completed during 2017/2018. None are mastered. Feedback and production tips are greatly appreciated! Covers also made by me.

FireAlarmPoet

Re: Minnie – Demos

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 pm

I liked Distant Faith and Vasterled. Reminded me of one of my earliest introductions to noise. I can't be of much help on the technical side of things, I'm afraid. How do you record normally? Explaining that would give us an idea of where to start.

Minnie

Re: Minnie – Demos

Post by Minnie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 am

FireAlarmPoet wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 pm
I liked Distant Faith and Vasterled. Reminded me of one of my earliest introductions to noise. I can't be of much help on the technical side of things, I'm afraid. How do you record normally? Explaining that would give us an idea of where to start.
hi, thanks!

So my setup is something like, I have a cheap mixer with a pedal feedback loop containing, 1 delay, 1 reverb, 1 dist, 1 pitch shifter, 1 eq pedal. And then I got an octatrack + some contact mics. I mostly use the octa for drums all though none of the above tracks contain drums atm. So I usually create a noise loop chaos and record parts of that. Then I take the recordings and build from that atmosphere with VSTs and plugins in Ableton. All my synths are vsts that I just record with a midi piano. Sometimes I add extra ambient sounds with the contact mics etc etc. I also have Softtube Modular, which is a virtual modular setup which is nice but haven't got to use it that much yet. For the mix I just try to EQ the different channels so they don't collide.