[DIVINE FOLLY] i fucking did it

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

Juboo

[DIVINE FOLLY] i fucking did it

Post by Juboo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 am

during my earlier involvement i rely heavily on computer (audacity) to edit/create my track. It was cool but it lost that sense of 'free improv' and after a while i try to stop creating noise with computer tools. It was hard because i'm working with a very minimal gear. This is my fellow internet friend is the first time that i'd created a very solid (in my humble opinion) noise track strictly on free improv with no computer tampering. I'M FUKKIN PROUD!
I present to you Divine Folly :wall: :
https://sarjenpeppersillogicalnoiseclub ... vine-folly

Did anyone have any tips on how i can improve my recording. Like how to improve the sound quality of recording or how to record a track to make it sound 'stereo'. i'm a pretty dumb ass boy so do not hold that thought of you. any tips and recommendation would be very helpful to me.
insecure pretentious fuck that made noise to hide the fact that he can't play instrument. :wall:
https://sarjenpeppersillogicalnoiseclub ... dcamp.com/

xdugef

Re: [DIVINE FOLLY] i fucking did it

Post by xdugef » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:28 am

Juboo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 am
Did anyone have any tips on how i can improve my recording. Like how to improve the sound quality of recording or how to record a track to make it sound 'stereo'.
It might help to know how you recorded it in the first place?

As far as improving the existing recording.. it sounds pretty thin and mostly hi frequency. So making adjustments to EQ to bring out the mid and low end frequencies might help.

Juboo

Post by Juboo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:26 pm

xdugef wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:28 am

It might help to know how you recorded it in the first place?

As far as improving the existing recording.. it sounds pretty thin and mostly hi frequency. So making adjustments to EQ to bring out the mid and low end frequencies might help.
for this one i recorded it with my crappy laptop mic. it's sound stupid but this is the most convenient (nearest for me to grab) at that time :mrgreen: . I do have audio interface and cheap mic but i rarely used it to record -still learning.
thanks for the tips, the high frequency was intentional but i do admit that it sound quiet thin and it is quite a recurring problem. most of the time i try to hide it with reverb effect but it just endup sound unnatural. will try to adjust the EQ in the future. any more tips or info sir. i'm all here to learn.
I have been experimenting with gear and sound all this time - never have the time time for some research on recording. now that i have found a basic layout for my own style of noise i'm ready to learn about recording. any beginner tips or links would be really helpful. :D
insecure pretentious fuck that made noise to hide the fact that he can't play instrument. :wall:

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Juboo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:26 pm
any more tips or info sir. i'm all here to learn.
I have been experimenting with gear and sound all this time - never have the time time for some research on recording. now that i have found a basic layout for my own style of noise i'm ready to learn about recording. any beginner tips or links would be really helpful. :D
Get a better external mic. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find a stereo mic with a much better dynamic response than your laptop's built in mic. I don't know what your options are for shopping for such things where you are but there should be something better available.

You might also consider a hand held audio recorder... there is a vast array of those floating around these days for real cheap.

The mic in laptop is gear more towards picking up voice for chatting on webcam shit and are ignoring most of the low end.

Juboo

Post by Juboo » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:14 pm

xdugef wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:16 pm

Get a better external mic. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find a stereo mic with a much better dynamic response than your laptop's built in mic. I don't know what your options are for shopping for such things where you are but there should be something better available.

You might also consider a hand held audio recorder... there is a vast array of those floating around these days for real cheap.
haven't heard about this 'stereo mic', will abso-fukkin-lutely check this out. thank sir. this is a very good tip. i guess it's time to put that dusty interface to good use.