speednoise

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 am

anyway my speednoise, i guess i wish you luck, even if you're not interested in socialdrift. here's some noise i put on bandcamp if you want to hear it


http://timestretchednoise.bandcamp.com/track/wrecked

:) !

Online
User avatar
timdrage
Posts: 4948
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:08 am
Contact:

Post by timdrage » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:54 am

There's no reason anyone should it needs do to 'research' to speed up some noise and stick it on the internet tho, and not especially likely that they'd find your work or feel the need to address it even if they did.

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 am

timdrage wrote:There's no reason anyone should it needs do to 'research' to speed up some noise and stick it on the internet tho, and not especially likely that they'd find your work or feel the need to address it even if they did.
i can't parse this sentence?


ok fine, there's no need for them to address my project. that's cool - there's some overlap but yeah.

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 am

so when does someone have to address something??


serious question :) !

User avatar
Sleep Of Ages
Posts: 5977
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:55 am
Location: SÃO PAULO HARSH NOISE CITY

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 am

You have no importance in noise whatsoever to be "addressed" by anyone.

And any and every noise act overlaps with any other noise act in some way or another.
Image
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:02 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:You have no importance in noise whatsoever to be "addressed" by anyone.

And any and every noise act overlaps with any other noise act in some way or another.
ok man, you can shut up now if you like. i am going to make some speednoise now, and not address this guy hehe.

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:02 am

i'm gonna call it fastnoise :D !

User avatar
Laura91
Posts: 5323
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:52 am
Location: Green Meadow

reply

Post by Laura91 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:04 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:You have no importance in noise whatsoever to be "addressed" by anyone.

And any and every noise act overlaps with any other noise act in some way or another.
That is a good point and you could make the same case for most genres of music (noise or otherwise).

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 am

and i just wrote a manifesto for it:


STFU SLEEP OF AGES.
the guy is a little sssllllooooooooowwww.


Online
User avatar
timdrage
Posts: 4948
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:08 am
Contact:

Post by timdrage » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:38 am

Clemon09 wrote:
timdrage wrote:He's speeding/pitching it up not time-compressing it with timestretching software so it's not really the same as your idea any more than simply slowing/pitching noise down would be.

I've timestretched and pitched-changed noise up and down any number of times without ever making a manifesto or a big deal about it, rather making some sounds I think sound 'good' :D
anyway i mostly increase tempo nowadays... so it is pretty similar to be fair.
"increase tempo" meaning you use timestretching to compress instead of extend the length of the sound without changing the pitch... this just is just speeding up sounds, changing the time and pitch, it's different sonically and conceptually...

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 am

timdrage wrote:
Clemon09 wrote:
timdrage wrote:He's speeding/pitching it up not time-compressing it with timestretching software so it's not really the same as your idea any more than simply slowing/pitching noise down would be.

I've timestretched and pitched-changed noise up and down any number of times without ever making a manifesto or a big deal about it, rather making some sounds I think sound 'good' :D
anyway i mostly increase tempo nowadays... so it is pretty similar to be fair.
"increase tempo" meaning you use timestretching to compress instead of extend the length of the sound without changing the pitch... this just is just speeding up sounds, changing the time and pitch, it's different sonically and conceptually...
true.


but my new fast noise project is pretty exciting huh??

Online
User avatar
timdrage
Posts: 4948
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:08 am
Contact:

Post by timdrage » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 am

Clemon09 wrote:
timdrage wrote:There's no reason anyone should it needs do to 'research' to speed up some noise and stick it on the internet tho, and not especially likely that they'd find your work or feel the need to address it even if they did.
i can't parse this sentence?
Hmm kind of typo, i meant soemthing more like:

There's no reason anyone should be expected do to 'research' in order to speed up some noise and stick it on the internet tho, and it's not especially likely that they'd find your work, or feel the need to address it, even if they did.

User avatar
Al.Machine.O
Posts: 1230
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: Dresden / Germany
Contact:

Post by Al.Machine.O » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:03 am

---------- break ----------

@ fire: not bad

but... i made speednoise in 1984/85 by playing commodore c64 data-tapes loud & fast.
okay, in the age of 8 i didnt know anything about noise/industrial etc. but i was feeling very well while doing this.

---------- break ----------
Laura91 wrote:To all that use feedback loops:

Flooping causes hiccups.

Clemon09
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:10 am

Al.Machine.O wrote:---------- break ----------

@ fire: not bad

but... i made speednoise in 1984/85 by playing commodore c64 data-tapes loud & fast.
okay, in the age of 8 i didnt know anything about noise/industrial etc. but i was feeling very well while doing this.

---------- break ----------
:D !


al is 10 times better than soa.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests