speednoise

Online releases, videos and other stuff like that.

Moderator: xome

fire

speednoise

Post by fire » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:48 am

Who has time for ?. Fast is best now. I speed up my noise. A lot. Get in while you can:

http://speednoise.bandcamp.com/

Ask for it by name. Speednoise.

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 am

ahahahaha I can see it now: SPEEDNOISE Vs. TIMESTRETCH, FIRE VERSUS CLEMON, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Okay, well if that was the only track the best I can say for it is it was kinda funny. Mostly it's just boring; not entirely irredeemable, but still boring. Like, a fart. But not even a loud fart or a particularly good feeling one.

I say, if you want to explore the idea of "fast" noise (which I actually might check into myself) then try listening to some splittercore, speedcore or even extratone shit. There might be a way to imply speed in noise without explicitly illustrating it with drum beats...

Clemon09

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:54 am

FireAlarmPoet wrote:ahahahaha I can see it now: SPEEDNOISE Vs. TIMESTRETCH, FIRE VERSUS CLEMON, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!
so speed noise is social drift without the theory?

sounds lame.

fire

Post by fire » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:13 am

Thanks for listening Mr Poet. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

fire

Post by fire » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am

Mr C,lemon, I have been told you are sort of goofy, like you wear a helmet and stuff. I dont want to fight a retard. If you can prove you are competent, I will splay you out, dog.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:37 am

Clemon09 wrote:so speed noise is social drift without the theory?

sounds good.
Fixed

But I still ddin't listened to the noise per se
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

FireAlarmPoet

Post by FireAlarmPoet » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:56 am

SoA, apparently you hate sped-up shit so I don't think you'll be impressed by this one either.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 am

FireAlarmPoet wrote:SoA, apparently you hate sped-up shit so I don't think you'll be impressed by this one either.

Yeah, I thought so.
And it might as well be a joke, but I'll fall for it and give my thoughts.

Sometimes I can't help but find myself a little amused about the stuff I listen today, or better, the stuff I take to consideration. 5 years ago I would say HNW is just stupid, and nowadays I enjoy making it and listening to it, I take it as a, at least, valid form of musical expression.
We are all weird passengers in this fcuked up plane, and things we take for granted are absurd for "casual" music listeners, and even the majority of non-casual ones.
Ok, so now I am listening to one and a half minute of sped up screech, and I am not hating it. Maybe it´s the noisemaker talking, but I see interest in it, interest in extremely high pitched and obnoxious noise. Sure, speeding things up generally gives some comic properties to the sound, and even make the sounds seems "loopish", and the latter one is a little more in evidence here than the former, but the sheer obnoxiousness of the little piece made me see some value in it. It falls short on that, because it´s too small. Sound this obnoxious have to be longer, to really dig into the skull and induce brain tumors.
The approach can be refined for extended releases, as it is, it´s unidimensional screech. Saying that there´s not much happening is both right and wrong, as it sounds like it, but also it may be just a lot of stuff happening at a very fast speed.
As a bonus, there´s no theory/manifesto attached to it, but cool images that fit the basic idea (blurred photos).
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Clemon09

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:33 am

fire wrote:Mr C,lemon, I have been told you are sort of goofy, like you wear a helmet and stuff. I dont want to fight a retard. If you can prove you are competent, I will splay you out, dog.
:D !

this needs no reply, does it?

Clemon09

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:36 am

i posted that picture of the guy in the helmet and i'm not really sure what you're getting at?

your idea of "claiming" "responsibility" for future use of a simple production technique, is pretty far fetched. congratulations for adding to the idiocy in the world and not caring about anything else.

Clemon09

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:41 am

the fact that you do so without considering the legitimacy of ALMOST IDENTICAL PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS is also pretty lame.

Clemon09

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:46 am

look dude, i wrote your manifesto three years ago
Speed noise is not noise music.

The second most important sections directly from Adorno that effected my approach are from The Philosophy of New Music - titled Dialectic of Loneliness and Loneliness as Style. The following is symptomatic: ??"The musical language is polarized into extremes: on the one hand, into gestures of shock - almost bodily convulsions - and on the other, into the brittle mobility of a person paralyzed by anxiety. The entire world of the mature Schoenberg's form, as well as that of Webern, derives from this polarization... The musical 'mediation' which their school had previously intensified to an undreamt of degree, is destroyed by this polarization, and its destruction has taken with it the distinction of theme and development, the steadiness of the harmonic flow, and the unbroken melodic line as well. Without exception every one of Schoenberg's technical innovations can be followed back to this polarization of expression..." ??If speed noise is analogous, maybe recreating that polarization present in classical music likewise destroys any traditional meaning to the noise. By increasing the speed the dynamic quality of noise is freed from dependence on the wit or skill of traditional methods just like: HNW frees harshness from any kind of thematic development; and Schoenberg was able to make dissonances sonorous in their own right - without the need for resolution. I think noise music is as capable of being overturned as music was by the new music.

Was the "anxiety" of Schoenberg's radical innovations based on an aversion to previous taste? Without the aforementioned wit, what can noise really do or say? ??I do sometimes even edit out sections that do not evoke anxiety. It should not be suggested that that editing process is itself a form: isn't that the whole point of Adorno's critique of the culture industry?

Clemon09

Post by Clemon09 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:47 am

also it's been done before...
There was talk about that on noise fanatics years ago... Remember that Tim? Fast noise talk?

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:48 am

Stop being an asshole, Luke, the guy said NOTHING to you, you called him lame, and just then he replied. Enough of this shit.
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)