Electric Universe UK

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Electric Universe UK

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:38 am

Welcome to the home page of the first-ever UK Conference dedicated to the Electric Universe. This exciting new 5-day event (organised by authors Adrian Gilbert and Lucy Wyatt) explores the proposition that electrical forces, not gravity, are the most powerful in the universe.

In more recent years, The Thunderbolts Project has been running a ground-breaking conference in the USA. This year, however, they are taking a break and supporting Electric Universe UK instead. We are delighted that some of The Thunderbolts ProjectTM team will be coming to the UK in July.
Prof. Don Scott is coming from the US; leading Australian physicist, and science advisor to The Thunderbolts ProjectTM, Wal Thornhill will be speaking; as well as those involved in the SAFIRE Project (Monty Child and Dr Michael Clarage). Edwin Kaal will be joining us from Holland; and Dr Jeremy Dunning-Davies from the UK. Other keynote speakers we have invited are Cambridge biologist Rupert Sheldrake [tbc] and meteorologist Piers Corbyn [tbc]. Further speakers to be announced.
http://www.electricuniverseuk.com/

broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by jliat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:49 am

"Piers Corbyn" is that the brother of Jeremy and the climate change denier...? :shock:

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by jliat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:53 am

fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:38 am
Welcome to the home page of the first-ever UK Conference dedicated to the Electric Universe. This exciting new 5-day event (organised by authors Adrian Gilbert and Lucy Wyatt) explores the proposition that electrical forces, not gravity, are the most powerful in the universe.

In more recent years, The Thunderbolts Project has been running a ground-breaking conference in the USA. This year, however, they are taking a break and supporting Electric Universe UK instead. We are delighted that some of The Thunderbolts ProjectTM team will be coming to the UK in July.
Prof. Don Scott is coming from the US; leading Australian physicist, and science advisor to The Thunderbolts ProjectTM, Wal Thornhill will be speaking; as well as those involved in the SAFIRE Project (Monty Child and Dr Michael Clarage). Edwin Kaal will be joining us from Holland; and Dr Jeremy Dunning-Davies from the UK. Other keynote speakers we have invited are Cambridge biologist Rupert Sheldrake [tbc] and meteorologist Piers Corbyn [tbc]. Further speakers to be announced.
http://www.electricuniverseuk.com/


So if we want to know about physics and cosmology - get a biologist -! :hic:

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:36 am

Interdisciplinarity

Interdisciplinarity involves the combining of two or more academic disciplines into one activity (e.g., a research project). It draws knowledge from several other fields like sociology, anthropology, psychology, economics etc. It is about creating something new by thinking across boundaries. It is related to an interdiscipline or an interdisciplinary field, which is an organizational unit that crosses traditional boundaries between academic disciplines or schools of thought, as new needs and professions emerge. Large engineering teams are usually interdisciplinary, as a power station or mobile phone or other project requires the melding of several specialties.
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by jliat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:52 am

OMG! you used Wikipedia!

now should I find youre - sorry your dismissal of wiki.... nah.

S=O

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:57 am

jliat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:52 am
OMG! you used Wikipedia!

now should I find youre - sorry your dismissal of wiki.... nah.

S=O
haha! are you drunk again little doggy, i see youre still lost and following me around, and being derivative to boot, must be time for a nap
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by jliat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Sorry have remarked about your use of wiki, to the extent you got upset. Anyway the video is interesting as it has all the hallmarks of pseudo science. First an outsider, Sheldrake =
Morphic resonance is not accepted by the scientific community as a measurable phenomenon and Sheldrake's proposals relating to it have been characterised as pseudoscience. Critics cite a lack of evidence for morphic resonance and an inconsistency between the idea and data from genetics and embryology.
Now he allies himself with others who likewise 'lack evidence' - he cites Arp... who opposed the current model along with the likes of Hoyle
From the 1940s to the 1960s, the astrophysical community was equally divided between supporters of the Big Bang theory and supporters of a rival steady state universe; this was eventually decided in favour of the Big Bang theory by advances in observational cosmology in the late 1960s.
Sadly there is a whole history of those who cannot accept new theories despite the overwhelming evidence, (Lord Rayleigh & Relativity...etc). But what is also interesting is the attitude, one of blaming the 'establishment' as a conspiracy to hide the 'outsiders' truth in order to keep a unified consensus. And at the same time pointing to arguments and contradictions within this consensus as support for it being wrong and a conspiracy.

It leaves one thinking what really bugs these people is that they are not taken as seriously, do not win the Nobel prizes etc. so feel antagonism to the (corrupt) system. But! its not that they want no hierarchical system of truth, its just they want to be at the top and not the others... an attitude we find in these outsider movements, in fact in you! You don't simply ignore what you think is wrong or moronic you aggressively attack it, while those who you do envy in the main simply ignore you. Obviously myself excepting. Rather though debate - you call me a dog who follows you around... so you'd rather me not respond.. This ignoring goes for mainstream sciences attitudes to Sheldrake, the electric universe, alien adductions etc. Which of course to outsiders is more than this, another means to close down their 'truths'...

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 pm

jliat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 pm
Sadly there is a whole history of those who cannot accept new theories despite the overwhelming evidence
you are pretty dim if you think there is any evidence for the standard model.

in fact all evidence points to the universe being electric.

go ahead and continue posting nonsense about your fools paradise
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by jliat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am

fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 pm
jliat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 pm
Sadly there is a whole history of those who cannot accept new theories despite the overwhelming evidence
you are pretty dim if you think there is any evidence for the standard model.

in fact all evidence points to the universe being electric.

go ahead and continue posting nonsense about your fools paradise
Well all the sources say there is evidence for the standard model. That is why its taught in universities, gets the tools like the LHC
and those undertaking the work acknowledged, by such things a the Nobel prize. Also why the results are used in technology. Mobilephones, sat nav, and much more use the knowledge gained from QM theory and Relativity. So i'm not dim, the materiel is there.

Now the EU and others need to maintain that this is a massive conspiracy. Which is OK but a fiction. Like the Transformers Dark Side of the Moon, where the Apollo missions were to find the crashed alien spaceship...

As for fools paradise, you seem unable or unwilling to grasp or remember? my interest in such things is only a passing one. If i thought one could engage in life through science, pseudo or otherwise, or if knowing or believing the universe was all electric i'd engage with those activities. (I note you also do not engage with them actively) I peruse something which i now refer to as 'an activity others might consider to be art'.

Or do i live in a paradise, fool's or otherwise. The universe is grim, harsh, and cruel, if one could even put such a description on it. To which the rational answer would be suicide. Ergo i'm irrational.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by fire » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
Well all the sources say there is evidence for the standard model.
no they dont, they admit all they have is models, you sure are fooled
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
That is why its taught in universities,
strawman
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
gets the tools like the LHC
strawman
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
and those undertaking the work acknowledged, by such things a the Nobel prize.
strawman
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
Also why the results are used in technology.
wrong, conflation
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
Mobilephones, sat nav, and much more use the knowledge gained from QM theory and Relativity. So i'm not dim, the materiel is there.
wrong, corrections to those theories which weigh more than the incorrect original is what those work on
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
Now the EU and others need to maintain that this is a massive conspiracy. Which is OK but a fiction. Like the Transformers Dark Side of the Moon, where the Apollo missions were to find the crashed alien spaceship...
strawman
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
As for fools paradise, you seem unable or unwilling to grasp or remember? my interest in such things is only a passing one. If i thought one could engage in life through science, pseudo or otherwise, or if knowing or believing the universe was all electric i'd engage with those activities.
coward
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
(I note you also do not engage with them actively)
you are incapable of knowing this
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
I peruse something which i now refer to as 'an activity others might consider to be art'.
coward
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
The universe is grim, harsh, and cruel, if one could even put such a description on it.
no, its not, its made of electricity which manifests light and life

your perception may vary but reality remains, i mean, how could the universe be 'grim'? lol
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
To which the rational answer would be suicide. Ergo i'm irrational. [/b]
agreed, some are working towards death, obeying the death cult directives, if you wont wholeheartedly support them then maybe come into the light

or are you a poser?
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by jliat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am

fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
Well all the sources say there is evidence for the standard model.
no they dont, they admit all they have is models, you sure are fooled
I'm not fooled because i'm not that bothered. We have a number of models to explain stuff, I'm neither
concerned with the standard model or any of the whacky ones. As I said if i was i'd get engaged with them,I like you do not.

fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
That is why its taught in universities,
strawman
I've noticed you using this term elsewhere. You seem to use it incorrectly. I have not set up an argument of my own
to attack, I've given evidence that the standard model is generally taken more seriously than the EU model.
You asked for "any evidence for the standard model." I gave a list. I did not fabricate an argument.

So your series of replies "strawman" are more 'Non sequiturs' :roll: can't wait to see you using that term...
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am

coward
how so?
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am

you are incapable of knowing this
Then why bring it up?
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am

coward
re "art" I do so because of the condition of post-modern art. You can read my reasons on the web site. But briefly my activity is not
the same 'ontologically' as contemporary art.
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am

no, its not, its made of electricity which manifests light and life
your perception may vary but reality remains, i mean, how could the universe be 'grim'? lol
Re - This! being grim... It cant - that's why I added "if one could even put such a description on it."
You missed that?
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am

agreed, some are working towards death, obeying the death cult directives, if you wont wholeheartedly support them then maybe come into the light

or are you a poser?
I wont 'come into the light' as i choose not to, but you are welcome to it.
I'm not a poser, which is why i dont use the term 'art' for what i do.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by fire » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:49 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
I'm not fooled because i'm not that bothered.
liar, then why post?
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 am
That is why its taught in universities,
strawman
I've noticed you using this term elsewhere. You seem to use it incorrectly. I have not set up an argument of my own
to attack
wrong, as if university is where truth is stored

and yes, its a strawman response to my comment, i say the SM is wrong and you reply that it is taught in university, that gives it no validity outside of academia, so irrelevant, so strawman
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
I've given evidence that the standard model is generally taken more seriously than the EU model.
irrelevant, but i agree that stupid people believe stupid things without reason
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
You asked for "any evidence for the standard model." I gave a list. I did not fabricate an argument.
wrong
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2775
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by jliat » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:12 am

fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:49 am
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
I'm not fooled because i'm not that bothered.
liar, then why post?
Amusement. The way arguments are constructed is interesting, 'and I said not that bothered' so sure
i'd rather talk about art, music philosophy-noise even. But that doesn't happen on these boards these days.

And this verbal abuse you shell out, moron, liar, puppy following you around... etc. I know you will say its not abuse just facts, but
its still abuse. Now I don't care much - its part of your macho, I tell it as it is nature. But hardly from a being in the light!
And hardly one who I or many would care to share... and so why do you bother to post. No need to answer, you said - not for people to bother to read. Now that is strange... IMO.
jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am

strawman
I've noticed you using this term elsewhere. You seem to use it incorrectly. I have not set up an argument of my own
to attack
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am
wrong, as if university is where truth is stored
Did I say it was? "evidence for the standard model" its funded and studied, experiments are made, it is taken seriously by
governments and other institutions, used widely in technology. And nothing has managed to convince the scientific community regarding a better explanation. And nowhere did I mention 'truth'.
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am
and yes, its a strawman response to my comment, i say the SM is wrong and you reply that it is taught in university, that gives it no validity outside of academia, so irrelevant, so strawman
But you didn't say it was wrong. And not just valid in academia, not that that invalidates anything. Many EU guys are ex academics or academics working in non cosmological fields, yet pontificating when I or you are as qualified to do so. Moreover relying on the likes of NASA and academia for their arguments... Whereas you claimed all the evidence supports EU, but produced nothing, zero naught.

And an irrelevant response is not a strawman.
fire wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 am
irrelevant, but i agree that stupid people believe stupid things without reason
who are you agreeing with here, not me. And where are your reasons for belief in EU?
Its funny you use this technology developed in these institutions you consider stupid, by who you consider stupid...
now that's either contradictory, you often are, or hypocritical or both...

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 13343
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by xdugef » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 am

squatting-squatter-man-petroglyphs-rockart-highenergyzpinchplasmadischarge-forum.jpg
squatting-squatter-man-petroglyphs-rockart-highenergyzpinchplasmadischarge-forum.jpg (32.07 KiB) Viewed 3705 times

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Electric Universe UK

Post by fire » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:12 am
And this verbal abuse you shell out, moron, liar, puppy following you around... etc. I know you will say its not abuse just facts, but
its still abuse.
wrong
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests