island too small...

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

-V-
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: island too small...

Post by -V- » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:50 pm

You solved a murder.

And all you had was the benefit of hindsight.

I guess all the police need hindsight training.

I appreciate all the frantic googling you're doing though.

If I was just trolling you I'd consider that a sure sign that you're mad bro.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:57 pm

-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:50 pm
You solved a murder.
what murder?
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:50 pm
I appreciate all the frantic googling you're doing though.
i dont use google, went straight to the BBC
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:50 pm
If I was just trolling you I'd consider that a sure sign that you're mad bro.
lol, i bet you feel pretty good inside after posting that

if jliat cant get me mad, you dont even register
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
Fletcher
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: island too small...

Post by Fletcher » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm

The bigger picture is the disparity in social standing / wealth / understanding of cultures.

London is a massive melting pot of cultures from all over the globe, all trying to live together under our governments austere plans. It is postcode warfare.
Every now and then there has to be a breaking point in relations between cultures - look back to the youth riots from 10 years ago.

If "gang A" feels safer carrying knives because "gang B" carry knives as a show of power / cultural reference / protection / whatever, then we have a situation where 11 and 12 year old kids are going out stabbing each other without knowledge of consequence or being able to make an informed choice. I read last night about gangs sticking videos on youtube goading each other to war.

I do not claim to be a master in this, I just find it an interesting issue that really needs solving. I live in a wealthy predominantly white area out in the cotswolds, London is only 60 miles away in distance but is light years away in terms of how people live. island too small indeed.
www.snarerush.co.uk
An electronic music zine in occasional print format

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 am

Fletcher wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm
The bigger picture is the disparity in social standing / wealth / understanding of cultures.

London is a massive melting pot of cultures from all over the globe
this whole melting pot bullshit has got to be put to rest, the idea on its face is the highest form of racism, to expect peoples to abandon parts of their culture so they fit into your preconceived notion of society, a homogenized society is brain dead zombies, of course people resist that

the salad bowl analogy is far better, but that involves becoming a good racist, one that sees race in proper context, this happens at a certain level already, for instance in the restaurant, few would want the ethnicity removed from their food, i know i love both mexican and ethiopian food, but i dont expect the people who serve it to whiteyize it(which does sadly happen in some cases), so why should they further integrate into the community?

the benefit of immigrants is the differences they bring with them, and how those differences can strenghthen a region, more choice and variety from food to clothing to education and religion, all of it must be embraced at the individual level, not institutionally or by law

and there is part of the problem, when government makes decisions based on politics not on whats best for the people, of course this is the same old problem with exhaulted leaders not caring about their citizens that the world has always had

imo, the only way to have an even semi healthy integration is to completely decentralize main governance, allow complete local control, a sort of warlord system where each areas people allocate resources the way they see fit, for better or worse according to outside views, but this introduces a bit of anarchy and possible skirmishes among the neighborhoods, so a whole new set of 'problems' may arise

in reality, there is no good way to pack so many people into close proximity, humans are not ants, we are largely individuals who require a certain amount of space and to be respected for who we are in that space, at a certain density all social orders break down, which happens faster the more diverse the population

there is no good solution that saves the familiar arrangement we currently enjoy, the system was set up by oppressors for oppressing and they are getting good use of it(99% wealth in 1% hands)
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
Fletcher
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:43 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: island too small...

Post by Fletcher » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:10 am

fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 am
Fletcher wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm
The bigger picture is the disparity in social standing / wealth / understanding of cultures.

London is a massive melting pot of cultures from all over the globe
this whole melting pot bullshit has got to be put to rest, the idea on its face is the highest form of racism, to expect peoples to abandon parts of their culture so they fit into your preconceived notion of society, a homogenized society is brain dead zombies, of course people resist that
There is also the counter to this argument by suggesting that people expect to transfer their original culture to London without allowing for integration with not just "old school Londoners" (whatever that may be) but also with all the other cultures that have arrived from each corner of the globe. Even within England, I would not expect to take my lifestyle here in the Cotswolds and expect to be able to integrate fully into a London lifestyle without accepting that I would need to (heavily) adjust to fit in.

An operational society should be accepting and open to all that are able to contribute in whatever capacity that may be, but people need to be reading from the same book at least, even if not on the same page or in the same chapter.
www.snarerush.co.uk
An electronic music zine in occasional print format

User avatar
MKULTRA
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: island too small...

Post by MKULTRA » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:16 am

Castle Doctrine.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/s ... -1.2431838


Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
"With enough gain you can achieve anything." - C.Rochambeau

User avatar
MKULTRA
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: island too small...

Post by MKULTRA » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 am

Fletcher wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:10 am

An operational society should be accepting and open to all that are able to contribute in whatever capacity that may be, but people need to be reading from the same book at least, even if not on the same page or in the same chapter.


So what book are perpetrators of the monumental increase in crimes in London reading from?


"With enough gain you can achieve anything." - C.Rochambeau

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2002
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: island too small...

Post by jliat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 am

fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 am

the benefit of immigrants is the differences they bring with them, and how those differences can strenghthen a region, more choice and variety from food to clothing to education and religion, ....
And in the case of the USA the near annihilation of the indigenous peoples... as also in Mexico and much of South America...oh and Canada too... Australia?

And i can imagine a Dodo seeing the first ship saying - hey these guys look friendly.... :roll:

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 am

jliat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 am
fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 am

the benefit of immigrants is the differences they bring with them, and how those differences can strenghthen a region, more choice and variety from food to clothing to education and religion, ....
And in the case of the USA the near annihilation of the indigenous peoples... as also in Mexico and much of South America...oh and Canada too... Australia?

And i can imagine a Dodo seeing the first ship saying - hey these guys look friendly.... :roll:
only a psycopathic moron would think that genocide is a benefit or that invaders are immigrants
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:35 am

Fletcher wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:10 am
people need to be reading from the same book at least, even if not on the same page or in the same chapter.
yeah, thats a nice thought, but not really applicable to the real world, even those that read the same book cant get along, diversity demands separate but equal, like the salad bowl, but good luck with that

strife = $ = control
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2002
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: island too small...

Post by jliat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:48 am

fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 am
jliat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 am
fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:58 am

the benefit of immigrants is the differences they bring with them, and how those differences can strenghthen a region, more choice and variety from food to clothing to education and religion, ....
And in the case of the USA the near annihilation of the indigenous peoples... as also in Mexico and much of South America...oh and Canada too... Australia?

And i can imagine a Dodo seeing the first ship saying - hey these guys look friendly.... :roll:
only a psycopathic moron would think that genocide is a benefit or that invaders are immigrants
Right - so assuming you are not a native of America - you are the descendent of an invasion? Along with 90% of
those in Oregon....

And course genocide isnt a benefit, but was the result of European immigration into the Americas.

Your family emigrated from Germany? right?

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 am

jliat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:48 am
fire wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 am
jliat wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 am


And in the case of the USA the near annihilation of the indigenous peoples... as also in Mexico and much of South America...oh and Canada too... Australia?

And i can imagine a Dodo seeing the first ship saying - hey these guys look friendly.... :roll:
only a psycopathic moron would think that genocide is a benefit or that invaders are immigrants
Right - so assuming you are not a native of America - you are the descendent of an invasion? Along with 90% of
those in Oregon....

And course genocide isnt a benefit, but was the result of European immigration into the Americas.

Your family emigrated from Germany? right?
s = 0
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
Dyecap
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Re: island too small...

Post by Dyecap » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:12 am

I understand the so called process but...


User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:45 am

that was awesome
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
DonaldKrump
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:27 pm
Contact:

Re: island too small...

Post by DonaldKrump » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:03 am

crazy story...

anyway, islands, I saw this recently. I present: the island of hell (first seconds of iguana's hatchlings)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests