island too small...

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:59 am

-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:24 am
what I've just described is whats known as getting arrested.
wrong, i assume you are in the UK, so why do you not know protocol?
Mr Osborn-Brooks, who suffered bruising to his arms, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

He remains in custody at a south London police station. The other intruder remains at large.
this is wrong, even though he was bailed, he should never have been detained, there is no justification for harassment of the victim until you can prove he did something wrong, he reacted biologically the same way everyone else would, fight or flight, and since he was in HIS safe space already that kind of narrows his choices
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:24 am
You could blame the voters, but not without understanding the political landscape of the UK. We have two parties. One cuts funding to schools, hospitals and police. The other one tends to increase funding but basically imploded after the war criminal that held it together fucked off. We aren't exactly spoiled for choice here.
its debateable whether schools, hospitals and police are a good thing, but generally in any democracy you get the corruption that the largest minority wants, if it gets bad enough, well...
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

-V-
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: island too small...

Post by -V- » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am

So what part of being arrested in the UK have I got wrong?

Ive covered that what you say will be recorded.

I omitted that that they also warn you that what you say can be used against you and it may harm your defence if you don't say something you later rely on in court, I also omitted that you can make a phone call and use the toilet, sleep it off if you're pissed, have access to water and even get a McDonalds if you ask nicely. I omitted them because they werent necessary and I was chatting, not trying to win a prize.

I've mentioned access to a solicitor.

So tell me what I missed, I'll be very surpised if it actually has any bearing whatsoever on the conversation being had

"this is wrong, even though he was bailed, he should never have been detained, there is no justification for harassment of the victim until you can prove he did something wrong"

You've ignored the point I made twice about establishing the facts. If I stab someone to death should the police just accept my word for it that it was self defence? Just because it's happened in my house? Are people incapable of lying or committing crimes in their own home?

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:17 am

-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am
So what part of being arrested in the UK have I got wrong?
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 am
If the word 'arrest' was replaced by 'read his rights and offered access to free legal advice' would it still bother you as much?
false equivalence
An arrest is the act of depriving people of their liberty, usually because they have been suspected of committing or planning a crime
Mr Osborn-Brooks, who suffered bruising to his arms, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
i suspect you being obtuse is premeditated
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

-V-
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: island too small...

Post by -V- » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 am

"wrong, i assume you are in the UK, so why do you not know protocol?"


"So what part of being arrested in the UK have I got wrong?"

You avoid the question.

You suspect me of being obtuse??

You must have a suspicious mind.

Which is odd because you expect the police to just accept the story told to them by a man standing over a dead body, bloody screwdriver in hand.

Another point you've avoided, what is it? twice now?

"Sir, you appear to be standing over a dead body"

"Yes. Yes I am, but the thing is I've never met him before. He's a burglar. I didn't meet him on grindr. Honest"

"Well this all seems legit. Baking soda might get those bloodstains out. Use cold water, not warm. Sorry to have troubled you"

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 pm

durr hurr, yep must be me that is confused

are all brits just trolls?
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

-V-
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: island too small...

Post by -V- » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:09 pm

I don't know.

I havent met all of them.

Still not answered the point I raised.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:10 pm

or maybe, just maybe, you are a sock puppet?
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:11 pm

-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:09 pm
I don't know.

I havent met all of them.

Still not answered the point I raised.
youve raised no point except that you dont understand the word 'arrest'
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

-V-
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: island too small...

Post by -V- » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Jesus wept.

The point is.

You say he shouldn't have been arrested as he was defending his home.

So the police, on arrival at the scene of a murder should just accept his word that it is indeed his house, the dead man is indeed a burglar, and that he had no options other than fight or die and not arrest him.

I'm not sure how much simpler I can put it... do you need visual aids or something?

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:25 pm

-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:15 pm
Jesus wept.

The point is.

You say he shouldn't have been arrested as he was defending his home.

So the police, on arrival at the scene of a murder should just accept his word that it is indeed his house, the dead man is indeed a burglar, and that he had no options other than fight or die and not arrest him.

I'm not sure how much simpler I can put it... do you need visual aids or something?
jesus wept indeed
Police said there was a struggle in the kitchen and the 37-year-old suspected burglar sustained a stab wound to his chest. The man was rushed to hospital but died at 3.37am.

The homeowner suffered bruising to his arms but his condition is not thought to be serious.
hmm, the police seem to have it pretty well figured out, the scene was probably self explanatory, the old guy was 78 and looking after others in his own home, it is you that is being paranoid by thinking the old man did something nefarious, nothing in the story, or in reality, points to the old man being the criminal
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

-V-
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: island too small...

Post by -V- » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Aaah I forgot old men don't lie and nobody over the age of 60 has ever murdered anyone

And have you seen him? He's not exactly frail

You're still saying they should have just accepted his story.

On the scene

Without having time to check facts, examine the crime scene or do any policey stuff.

I'm thinking you might need visual aids after all because you clearly can't imagine what a bloody mess they must've seen on arrival.

I think you've watched too much CSI. Murders take a little longer than 45 minutes to solve.

And as I've said. People lie. Even old people.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:41 pm

-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm
Aaah I forgot old men don't lie and nobody over the age of 60 has ever murdered anyone
strawman
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm
And have you seen him? He's not exactly frail
strawman
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm
You're still saying they should have just accepted his story.
im not saying it, the police are and did
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm
I think you've watched too much CSI. Murders take a little longer than 45 minutes to solve.
not when it is self defence
-V- wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 pm
And as I've said. People lie. Even old people.
strawman
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 pm

The suspected burglar who died has been named as Henry Vincent, 37, from Kent.
Mr Vincent was named and pictured by Kent Police in January as part of an investigation into a distraction burglary.
probably less than 45 minutes in this case
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:46 pm

One man who lives on the street said there had been a recent spate of burglaries in the area and his home had been broken into in recent months.
Adam Lake, another local resident, said he "wasn't surprised" to hear about the burglary.
"I feel terrible for the man that was burgled. He doesn't deserve to be punished for defending himself," he said.
A neighbour of Mr Osborn-Brooks, who asked not to be named, supported his right to defend the neighbourhood.
She said: "[I've heard] he's a carer - this is a pensioner that has worked all his life who wants to live and die quietly."
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: island too small...

Post by fire » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:47 pm

A witness said an accomplice dragged Mr Vincent toward a van before leaving him for dead.
A second suspect fled the scene and is still being hunted by police.
big fuckin mystery

jesus still weeping
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests