What is math?

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: What is math?

Post by jliat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 am

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 am
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am
Galatians 2:15-21 15"We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have [put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.
you dont have very good reading comprehension
You appear to have no comprehension.
"salvation through worship" was your point - yet the NT and Christianity in general denies 'salvation through work' as is made clear in the above. One of the works of the law being the worship and offerings of sacrifices to God - not by works but by faith.
The law here being the jewish religious laws... you cant as they say 'buy a stairway to heaven' with worship or money.

If I put my faith in someone to fly an aeroplane safely I certainly do not worship them! In fact I just sit back and let them get on with it.

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 am
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am
The other point is you said all religion is about salvation, again you were ignorant. Not in the case of the Sadducees!
once again, bullshit, your made up opinion is just that
Not my opinion I cited several sources three from the NT / OT.
fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 am
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am
I'm saying that it is not true that all religions are about salvation by worship
yes they are, religion serves no other purpose, you are a moron
Maybe in your world. Your faith in the Sun and Electricity is certainly then religious in both of our terms.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:42 am

jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 am
fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 am
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am
Galatians 2:15-21 15"We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.
you dont have very good reading comprehension
You appear to have no comprehension.
no, you are
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 am
"salvation through worship" was your point - yet the NT and Christianity in general denies 'salvation through work' as is made clear in the above.
holy shit you are stupid, do you have a note scrawled on your arm that reminds you how to breathe?
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 am
If I put my faith in someone to fly an aeroplane safely I certainly do not worship them! In fact I just sit back and let them get on with it.
wut?
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 am
fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 am
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am
The other point is you said all religion is about salvation, again you were ignorant. Not in the case of the Sadducees!
once again, bullshit, your made up opinion is just that
Not my opinion I cited several sources three from the NT / OT.
wrong again, the whole point of the bible is to give people a reason to worship with a reward of salvation

you are le moron
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: What is math?

Post by jliat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:54 am

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:42 am


wrong again, the whole point of the bible is to give people a reason to worship with a reward of salvation

you are le moron
In your mind - only. You even make a blunder here - there isnt a definitive Bible. See what happens when you ignore those who might actually know stuff and just make it all up.

Only in Trump's America could someone think that the old Testament was about worship with a reward of salvation. :lmao:

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 am

jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:54 am
fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:42 am


wrong again, the whole point of the bible is to give people a reason to worship with a reward of salvation

you are le moron
In your mind - only. You even make a blunder here - there isnt a definitive Bible. See what happens when you ignore those who might actually know stuff and just make it all up.

Only in Trump's America could someone think that the old Testament was about worship with a reward of salvation. :lmao:
and yet i am right and you have provided no evidence to the contrary, resurrection is not salvation so that was a fail

and now you have moved on to some line of reasoning which is marred by Trump Derangement Syndrome

gawd youre stupid
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

MKULTRA
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: What is math?

Post by MKULTRA » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:24 am

MKULTRA wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:53 pm
MKULTRA wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:41 pm
fire wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 am

was created by the jew cult to cover for their abominable behavior
What about the Biblical Israelites?
"With enough gain you can achieve anything." - C.Rochambeau

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 am

MKULTRA wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:24 am
MKULTRA wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:53 pm
MKULTRA wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:41 pm


What about the Biblical Israelites?
they killed jezeus, so what?
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

MKULTRA
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:04 am

Re: What is math?

Post by MKULTRA » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 am

The Romans killed Jesus. Even you know that.
"With enough gain you can achieve anything." - C.Rochambeau

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:30 am

so what?
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: What is math?

Post by jliat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 am

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:59 am
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:54 am
fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:42 am


wrong again, the whole point of the bible is to give people a reason to worship with a reward of salvation

you are le moron
In your mind - only. You even make a blunder here - there isnt a definitive Bible. See what happens when you ignore those who might actually know stuff and just make it all up.

Only in Trump's America could someone think that the old Testament was about worship with a reward of salvation. :lmao:
and yet i am right and you have provided no evidence to the contrary, resurrection is not salvation so that was a fail
I suppose you have to say you are right as no one else will. But fail? Did I say resurrection is salvation? Looking back I don't think so. The Pharisees who did believe in the resurrection saw this as a means towards salvation but also a final judgement and possible punishment. Hence in this life the importance of the law. The Sadducees did not believe in a resurrection so no salvation by this or any other means, the OT also does not show a worship in the cause of salvation. The dead are gone and forgotten... I quoted from the OT where it is made clear by Solomon. Salvation is also not via worship for most of Christianity and especially so in Calvinism.

The dead are resurrected in Christianity- then in most cases the chosen saved those not condemned.

But for Calvin and the church he founded you can worship all you want and it will not save you. And to repeat - for most mainstream Christians Faith in the redemptive power of Jesus is what can save, not correct acts. A similar notion appears in the Rada Krishna sect.
Though there is worship and idolatry et al.

In Christianity salvation is by Grace...

(Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity
a. the free and unmerited favour of God shown towards man
b. the divine assistance and power given to man in spiritual rebirth and sanctification
c. the condition of being favoured or sanctified by God
d. an unmerited gift, favour, etc, granted by God

Obviously none of this will change your mind.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:58 am

jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 am
for most mainstream Christians Faith in the redemptive power of Jesus is what can save
= worship

same with others, the savation is among men in most cases, no afterlife needed

you really dont understand much
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: What is math?

Post by jliat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:06 am

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:58 am
jliat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 am
for most mainstream Christians Faith in the redemptive power of Jesus is what can save
= worship
"the whole point of the bible is to give people a reason to worship with a reward of salvation"

(Ecclesiastical Terms) Christianity
a. the free and unmerited favour of God shown towards man
b. the divine assistance and power given to man in spiritual rebirth and sanctification
c. the condition of being favoured or sanctified by God
d. an unmerited gift, favour, etc, granted by God

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:58 am

you really dont understand much


Maybe. But in this case way more than you it seems.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 am

wow, so you dont understand that faith is worship?
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:40 am

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 am
wow, so you dont understand that faith is worship?
uh oh, someone hit a snag
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: What is math?

Post by jliat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:41 am

fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:40 am
fire wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:23 am
wow, so you dont understand that faith is worship?
uh oh, someone hit a snag
At last you're talking to yourself.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: What is math?

Post by fire » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 am

In a recent study published in Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, psychologists Gary Lupyan (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and Daniel Swingley (University of Pennsylvania) conducted a series of experiments to discover whether talking to oneself can help when searching for particular objects. The studies were inspired by observations that people often audibly mutter to themselves when trying to find, for example, a jar of Peanut Butter on a supermarket shelf, or the stick of butter in their fridge.

In the first experiment, participants were shown 20 pictures of various objects and asked to find a particular one. In some trials, participants saw a text label telling them what object they should find ("Please search for the teapot.") In other trials, the same subjects were asked to search again while actually say the word to themselves. It was found that speaking to themselves helped people find the objects more quickly.
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests