Astrology -the only real science

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

Post Reply
User avatar
amishrobots
Posts: 1937
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 pm
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by amishrobots » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:48 am

Fire, you're a fucking idiot. Go learn some basic science.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:25 am

jliat wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 am
You seem to fail to understand my point

1. This work (A) is wrong and the justification methodology for it is false.

2. This other work (B) is wrong, but can be corrected by using the justification methods in 1.
quote where i did this, bloviating moron
jliat wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 am
As before you have contradicted yourself.
quotes or lies
jliat wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 am
Thats why no one save me takes you seriously here...
as if! no one takes me seriously because of morons like you not being serious, you argue but have no intelligence of your own

as i have said before, not looking for the adoration of idiots, you dumbshits are dangerous, im trying to get rid of you, an overload of truths causes change for better or worse
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 am

double post
Last edited by jliat on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 am

jliat wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 am
fire wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:25 am


as i have said before, not looking for the adoration of idiots, you dumbshits are dangerous, im trying to get rid of you, an overload of truths causes change for better or worse
Good, then why post here! You cite a proof from a cosmologist whose measure contradicts your faith in the electric universe. Then you ask me to quote it! Which sounds like you didnt read what you posted.

Can bad scientific practices be fixed? Part of the problem is that no-one is incentivised to be right. Instead, scientists are incentivised to be productive and innovative. Would a Hippocratic Oath for science help? Certainly don't add more layers of research red-tape. Instead of changing incentives, perhaps one could remove incentives altogether. Or insist on replicability statements in grant applications and research papers. Or emphasise collaboration, not competition. Or insist on preregistration of protocols. Or reward better pre and post publication peer review. Or improve research training and mentorship. Or implement the recommendations from our Series on increasing research value, published last year. One of the most convincing proposals came from outside the biomedical community. Tony Weidberg is a Professor of Particle Physics at Oxford. Following several high-profile errors, the particle physics community now invests great effort into intensive checking and re-checking of data prior to publication. By filtering results through independent working groups, physicists are encouraged to criticise. Good criticism is rewarded. The goal is a reliable result, and the incentives for scientists are aligned around this goal. Weidberg worried we set the bar for results in biomedicine far too low. In particle physics, significance is set at 5 sigma—a p value of 3 × 10–7 or 1 in 3·5 million (if the result is not true, this is the probability that the data would have been as extreme as they are).


And when applied to thermonuclear Versus Electric sun - the electric sun falls over! Well done!

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 am

wow, you are all kinds of fail, clem
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:34 pm

jliat wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 am
Which sounds like you didnt read what you posted.

The conclusion of the symposium was that something must be done. Indeed, all seemed to agree that it was within our power to do that something. But as to precisely what to do or how to do it, there were no firm answers. Those who have the power to act seem to think somebody else should act first. And every positive action (eg, funding well-powered replications) has a counterargument (science will become less creative). The good news is that science is beginning to take some of its worst failings very seriously. The bad news is that nobody is ready to take the first step to clean up the system.
pay attention dumbass
jliat wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 am
And when applied to thermonuclear Versus Electric sun - the electric sun falls over! Well done!
see, this kind of flippant ignorance is what gets you called names, only a moron would think there is any evidence for a thermonuclear sun when there isnt, while simultaneously ignoring all actual evidence of an electric sun
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am

fire wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:34 pm

see, this kind of flippant ignorance is what gets you called names, only a moron would think there is any evidence for a thermonuclear sun when there isnt, while simultaneously ignoring all actual evidence of an electric sun
My point - and what person would cite this moron in support of their claims - something you have done! Daric i'm not the one saying the youtube theory of electric sun is wrong - its the likes of Tony Weidberg is a Professor of Particle Physics at Oxford who teaches the Standard Model.

And you cite his methodology in producing science theory which is accurate and reliable. :idea:

"the particle physics community now invests great effort into intensive checking and re-checking of data prior to publication. By filtering results through independent working groups, physicists are encouraged to criticise. Good criticism is rewarded. The goal is a reliable result, and the incentives for scientists are aligned around this goal. "
http://neutrinodreaming.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/electric-universe-theory-debunked.html wrote:
And then the wheels fell off…

Hmmm. Towards the end of my research I found a notation on Wikipedia about why “Electric Universe Theory” had been removed. Apparently there are only a few people who currently publish ideas on the “electric universe” and those people publish exclusively on the internet or vanity presses. They use very misleading citations gleaned from mainstream sources in an attempt to lend credibility to the “electric universe theory”. Most papers listed as peer reviewed are not about the “electric universe” but about plasma cosmology (a different idea). The “electric universe” has no single paper subject to peer review about its ideas.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 am

jliat wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am
dont know much but i can googles so is smart, here is neutrinodreaming, i am authority without having to read
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:23 am

fire wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 am
jliat wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am
dont know much but i can googles so is smart, here is neutrinodreaming, i am authority without having to read
Strawman.

One minute you accuse me of relying on books the next I use google and cant read- = sadman....

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 am

haha! hey stupid, just got done reading a paper by your egghead buddies that ties the kp index to earthquake frequency, guess they are finally catching up, tired of people like me heaping derision on them
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 am

fire wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 am
haha! hey stupid, just got done reading a paper by your egghead buddies that ties the kp index to earthquake frequency, guess they are finally catching up, tired of people like me heaping derision on them
I wondered where you had got to the past day or so. So reading is now OK? I've no egghead buddies, if you were paying any attention i was in fact not challenging them on their work, or particularly the fringe. I've no idea what the kp index is, and no particular wish to know. In the main i'm pulling you up on your very poor argument skills. Use of miss quotes, blatant contradiction and abusiveness.... attacking strawmen etc.

If given to choose between a qualified astro physicist and someone with no such qualification i'd tend to choose the former on those matters. Same goes for Airline pilots and Presidents, look at the latter example. It doesn't mean i believe they are right. You never seem to get this. Maybe you want to beat up on science and scientists, well i'm not the guy. Sorry.

I've told you before, but if not, my interests are art, philosophy, comparative religion. All science is ever a priori ... even your thunderbolt lot. :chin: Add to that is it (all science electric and other) misses the metaphysical aspect of truth, life and being. These being the province of art, philosophy and religion. I'm neither a believer in a mathematical universe or a mechanical one, or electrical one.

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 13326
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by xdugef » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am

Great work guys.. you two should argue about flat earth theories next!
27866998_10160066559035118_4916363018384593371_n.jpg
27866998_10160066559035118_4916363018384593371_n.jpg (38.72 KiB) Viewed 1709 times

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2762
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am

xdugef wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am
Great work guys.. you two should argue about flat earth theories next!

Well there is reasoned argument and simply calling the other guy moron and stupid.

User avatar
xdugef
Posts: 13326
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:26 am
Location: 噪声æº￾
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by xdugef » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 am

jliat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am
xdugef wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am
Great work guys.. you two should argue about flat earth theories next!

Well there is reasoned argument and simply calling the other guy moron and stupid.
Yes and for 6 pages no less.. DO IT!

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 am

jliat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 am
fire wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 am
haha! hey stupid, just got done reading a paper by your egghead buddies that ties the kp index to earthquake frequency, guess they are finally catching up, tired of people like me heaping derision on them
I wondered where you had got to the past day or so.
thats so cute
jliat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 am
In the main i'm pulling you up on your very poor argument skills. Use of miss quotes, blatant contradiction and abusiveness.... attacking strawmen etc.
haha haha ha hahahaha haha, whee yah that was funny!
jliat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 am
If given to choose between a qualified astro physicist and someone with no such qualification i'd tend to choose the former on those matters. Same goes for Airline pilots and Presidents, look at the latter example. It doesn't mean i believe they are right. You never seem to get this. Maybe you want to beat up on science and scientists, well i'm not the guy. Sorry.
see kids, this is what a stupid person does, pretends he isnt interested in the arguement while endlessly posting arguements and then when they fail... deflection, so now its my fault he cant get me to "get" something that is wrong, total moron
jliat wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 am
I've told you before, but if not, my interests are art, philosophy, comparative religion. All science is ever a priori ... even your thunderbolt lot. :chin: Add to that is it (all science electric and other) misses the metaphysical aspect of truth, life and being. These being the province of art, philosophy and religion. I'm neither a believer in a mathematical universe or a mechanical one, or electrical one.
yeah, its not right to make fun of you, since society is set up for the few on top to benefit at the expense of the many stupid, i really should feel sorry for you, thats what is socially acceptable, but i would rather bring you down, no more dipshits on a pedestal, your participation trophy is taken away, farewell and good riddance
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests