Astrology -the only real science

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am

fire wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:12 am
[nonsense]
just one thing that isnt measured electrically, thats all i ask, just one thing...

you are quite the sad sack of regurgitated facts
Of course in a certain way anything can be measured electrically... just as one can measure the height of an idea - zero inches... depends on how one sees zero...but i see you have to ignore the two posts, photons have no electric charge as do neutrons, so can be measured electrically as zero... many neutrinos are part of stellar activity which you deny. And YOU cited a paper in which they are so identified, and also are candidates for dark matter...

Then you say the universe will expand to infinity - even a child will tell you, you can't count to infinity*, unless you believe in buzz lightyear.

As for regurgitated facts - you were the pedant - notably 'affect' and 'effect'. Hardly your own original thinking. As are ideas such as 'Universe' and 'Solar Wind' . Hardly original thinking! Quit the 'popular' science stuff and leave it to others who do it, and that is certainly not me. So yes - you should quit regurgitating facts from others and come up with something original.

And stop deleting posts you can't answer... try not to be abusive... bad for your karma.... ;-)

*though certain infinities are countable... and others are not...

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am

jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
fire wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 am
jliat wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:12 am
[nonsense]
just one thing that isnt measured electrically, thats all i ask, just one thing...

you are quite the sad sack of regurgitated facts
Of course in a certain way anything can be measured electrically...
yep, and since all measurements are nonzero, everything has an electric signature, hence, everything is electric

please dont try to say zero can be a measure, just think that through first
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
just as one can measure the height of an idea - zero inches... depends on how one sees zero...
dayum youre stupid, and thats not an insult, just a scientific observation
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
but i see you have to ignore the two posts, photons have no electric charge as do neutrons,
firstly, enough about neutrons dummy, they dont even exist as you believe they do, go ahead, prove they actually exist, dont show me data of how they have been deflected, that could be anything, literally, you honestly cant know, the ony way to detect a "neutrino" is through electrical inference

and photons do carry charge, ever heard of a solar cell?
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
so can be measured electrically as zero...
only Nothing has a measure of zero, you really need to read up on zero
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
many neutrinos are part of stellar activity which you deny. And YOU cited a paper in which they are so identified, and also are candidates for dark matter...

Then you say the universe will expand to infinity - even a child will tell you, you can't count to infinity*, unless you believe in buzz lightyear.
i say the universe is expanding to fill infinity, a description of process, not an end product, the universe has no beginning or end, only you do
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
As for regurgitated facts - you were the pedant - notably 'affect' and 'effect'.
yeah, you numb nuts get those two confused quite often
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
Hardly your own original thinking.
you are certainly stuck on trying to bring me down, specifically on the originality thing

i see that there is nothing new under the sun, there is more than enough convention to relay the truth

its not a popularity contest, james
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
As are ideas such as 'Universe' and 'Solar Wind' . Hardly original thinking! Quit the 'popular' science stuff and leave it to others who do it, and that is certainly not me.
ha! some good ole english pomp ass!

so, having established that you are unqualified for a position, you then take up a position against me regarding your perception of my ability to perform in said position

you, sir, are a moron
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
So yes - you should quit regurgitating facts from others and come up with something original.
a seamstress works with the same cloth as everyone else, but no two blankets are the same
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
And stop deleting posts you can't answer...
take your meds, old man

pretty sure you cant delete posts except the last one, and none have been deleted from this thread

i can answer any of your posts, some are just so off as to be not worth my time
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
try not to be abusive... bad for your karma.... ;-)
i am no longer subject to karma
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 am
*though certain infinities are countable... and others are not...
wrong, there is one infinity, it contains All, it is a set of one
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:29 am

fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
please dont try to say zero can be a measure, just think that through first
I have - and it depends. If you notice a gauge can show zero. Likewise a bank balance. Double entry book keeping uses zero as a measure of accuracy...
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
dayum youre stupid, and thats not an insult, just a scientific observation
Fine... as you say stupid scientists - and not even a real science - note your thread name.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
and photons do carry charge, ever heard of a solar cell?
Yes they turn light into electricity. As you say you think everything is electricity - only perhaps some things more than others?
Ever heard of a steam turbine - ergo steam is electricity. Even me "dayum stupid" is as much electricity as you...
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
only Nothing has a measure of zero, you really need to read up on zero
I thought you didn't like reading stuff. But actually I have. "Every mathematical structure in which an element produces no change must be regarded as zero. " e.g. in addition or subtraction zero is 0, 4 - 0 = 4... but in multiplication and division its 1. 4 x 1 = 1..
8 / 1 = 8.... and division by zero is interesting. Your calculator wont do it, but some regard the answer as infinity. As when dividing a number the smaller the divisor the larger the result. 8 / 4 = 2 8 / 2 = 4 8 / 1 = 8 8 / 0.5 = 16 etc. so 8 / 0 = infinity 0 being very very small... (Bhaskara)
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
you are certainly stuck on trying to bring me down, specifically on the originality thing
No no... you seem to think that, but maybe its others on the board. I'm just enjoying this conversation.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
its not a popularity contest, james
I don't think its even a contest...
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
so, having established that you are unqualified for a position, you then take up a position against me regarding your perception of my ability to perform in said position..
said position was physics - which i'm not qualified in, your position is you think physics is wrong and astrology is the only real science...
so you are not performing there either. Your fictions are interesting, but your thinking muddled. And I am qualified to know that.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
you, sir, are a moron
Maybe - - but if you can't argue with a moron ... ?
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
a seamstress works with the same cloth as everyone else, but no two blankets are the same
That really doesn't make sense. Each has a different piece of cloth...
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
pretty sure you cant delete posts except the last one, and none have been deleted from this thread
Well you altered a quoted post - deleting what I posted...
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
wrong, there is one infinity, it contains All, it is a set of one
Well in your head maybe. But there is an infinite set of integers, and an infinite set of even integers, and odd integers... all are actually equal. But there is a larger (actually many) infinite set, notably the set of irrationals. Not that you are bothered. The thing is your "wacky" ideas are actually far more dull than reality... so not wacky at all... as i said Hilbert's Hotel is infinite and can accommodate an infite number of guests and still have an infinity of empty rooms.. but it's not as big as other sets...

Now that is weird IMO.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 am

jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:29 am
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 am
you are certainly stuck on trying to bring me down, specifically on the originality thing
No no... you seem to think that, but maybe its others on the board. I'm just enjoying this conversation.
Hardly your own original thinking.
an attack on attribution instead of the merits of the subject is the desperate act of one who has already lost, then you cowardly back away by calling this a conversation

you cant negate my statements with information so you cast aspersions, a passive aggressive attack on my mental state in an attempt to discredit the truths of the arguement

its quite clear that you are classically trained, that is not my fault, if you honestly harbor any concern for the subjects i discuss then i pity you since it is obvious you lack the tools of objective investigation
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 am

fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 am

an attack on attribution instead of the merits of the subject is the desperate act of one who has already lost, then you cowardly back away by calling this a conversation

you cant negate my statements with information so you cast aspersions, a passive aggressive attack on my mental state in an attempt to discredit the truths of the arguement

its quite clear that you are classically trained, that is not my fault, if you honestly harbor any concern for the subjects i discuss then i pity you since it is obvious you lack the tools of objective investigation
You are brilliant in your confusion - youve answed non of the claims made against your incorrect ideas re infinity or zero - because i assume you can not. As for objective investigation then - and your tools.. and the idea 'a passive aggressive attack on my mental state' i've no idea what that is.. but attacking the person is what you often resort to...

"take your meds, old man
you, sir, are a moron
yeah, you numb nuts "

To be clear i've no idea of your mental state, its your arguments that are muddled...

"firstly, enough about neutrons dummy, they dont even exist as you believe they do, go ahead, prove they actually exist, "dont show me data of how they have been deflected, that could be anything, literally, you honestly cant know, the ony way to detect a "neutrino" is through electrical inference

and photons do carry charge, ever heard of a solar cell?"

Here is a good example - note the use of "dummy"... but you seem to have lost coherence in your argument here. Are you talking about Neutrons or Neutrinos? The latter you do think exist as you cited an article regarding them... an article written in which the standard idea of Neutrons, Solar thermonuclear activity and the process of stellar evolution (production of Helium from Hydrogen etc) - radiation and Super Novae are also foundational. You use the very concepts you think are wrong to prove you are right. Which is muddled thinking.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am

jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 am
You are brilliant in your confusion - youve answed non of the claims made against your incorrect ideas re infinity or zero - because i assume you can not.
by definition a measurement is nonzero, this is irrefutable

fuck you and your moron idea of measuring the inches in a thought

a measure of zero is the base quantity of everything, hence, a starting point for a measure

a measure of no electrical activity is impossible, everything is electric, never has anything been found that lacks charge, this is unarguable, as such a thing would be completely undetectable (Nothing)

jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 am
Are you talking about Neutrons or Neutrinos? The latter you do think exist as you cited an article regarding them... an article written in which the standard idea of Neutrons, Solar thermonuclear activity and the process of stellar evolution (production of Helium from Hydrogen etc) - radiation and Super Novae are also foundational. You use the very concepts you think are wrong to prove you are right. Which is muddled thinking.
lets just agree that you are either incapable or unwilling to learn a framework of understanding which would allow you to know what you are talking about, if you can only rely on the understanding of others to make your arguement then you are too lazy to take seriously, you lack even basic knowledge of how the sun works, you believe what you read as if its facts when in reality all standard models of the sun are 100% unscientific speculation based on a mans thoughts from the 1800s, literally no science backs up the standard model of the universe, let that sink in, this is not my opinion, there is quite literally no scientific understanding of the universe, you dont know how photosynthesis works, do you honestly think you can tell me about particle physics? hubris in a man is inversely proportional to knowledge
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am

fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
by definition a measurement is nonzero, this is irrefutable
As I said in some cases in others not. If you - and I mean you - define it so - it is for you. But others define zero as a measurement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Size_zero

"a null set necessarily has measure zero. "
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
fuck you and your moron idea of measuring the inches in a thought
hmmm - objective tools!
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
a measure of zero is the base quantity of everything, hence, a starting point for a measure
So you saying you have a quantity (zero) which according to you is not a measurement.

the action of measuring something:
"accurate measurement is essential" ·
synonyms: quantification

And I presume if you think zero is a base you don't believe in negatives - strange I thought you could have a negative voltage?
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
a measure of no electrical activity is impossible, everything is electric, never has anything been found that lacks charge, this is unarguable, as such a thing would be completely undetectable (Nothing)
Well your definition is that everything is electric and therefore has a charge. Which is not true - photons have no charge as do triangles and poems.. So your conclusion is a given. But it doesn't follow that an undetectable thing cannot exist. Again muddled assumption. There is no reason why something can be undetectable and yet exist.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
lets just agree that you are either incapable or unwilling to learn a framework of understanding which would allow you to know what you are talking about,
Lets not. Lets agree you have an incorrect, muddled and simplistic view of things like zero, infinity and objective argument.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
if you can only rely on the understanding of others to make your arguement then you are too lazy to take seriously,
I don't. I follow the arguments - then I have an understanding. Just as the idea of Zero was not mine or yours. Or was the idea of the use of affect and effect.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
you lack even basic knowledge of how the sun works,
No I just have a different idea to yours. And yours is lacking objectivity, its yours... i.e. subjective.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
you believe what you read as if its facts when in reality all standard models of the sun are 100% unscientific speculation based on a mans thoughts from the 1800s,
I think the detonation of thermonuclear bombs based on such ideas are fairly convincing.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
literally no science backs up the standard model of the universe, let that sink in, this is not my opinion,
The standard model is that of science. And being genuine science its open to refutation unlike pseudo-science such as your stuff and other such... but we've been here before. Nothing could convince you otherwise. You can watch the video showing how there are different sizes of infinities - but your mind is closed to original thought that is not your own it seems.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
there is quite literally no scientific understanding of the universe, you dont know how photosynthesis works, do you honestly think you can tell me about particle physics? hubris in a man is inversely proportional to knowledge
I'm not telling you anything about particle physics- you cited a paper about it in support of your ideas - one of which is "literally no scientific understanding of the universe," so you use a scientific paper you offer as being true as proof that there is "literally no scientific understanding of the universe," which is contradiction and muddled thinking.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am

jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
by definition a measurement is nonzero, this is irrefutable
As I said in some cases in others not.
assertion without evidence, a measure of zero is Nothing, everything else is nonzero, this can be known
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
So you saying you have a quantity (zero) which according to you is not a measurement.

the action of measuring something:
"accurate measurement is essential" ·
synonyms: quantification

And I presume if you think zero is a base you don't believe in negatives - strange I thought you could have a negative voltage?
calling a voltage negative is a convention

no real thing is negative in any sense of the term, dont start with antimatter because you dont understand its just a naming convention based on a need to prop up the failing standard model and there is no such thing as antimatter, just another scam based on not understanding the electric force
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
There is no reason why something can be undetectable and yet exist.
oh fuck! you cant make this up! not only are you painfully stupid, you are actually arguing for the existence of a god! lolfest!
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
if you can only rely on the understanding of others to make your arguement then you are too lazy to take seriously,
I don't. I follow the arguments - then I have an understanding.
thats a good start little jimmy, now form an understanding of the terms being used, just understanding the arguement without context makes you a blow hard
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
you lack even basic knowledge of how the sun works,
No I just have a different idea to yours. And yours is lacking objectivity, its yours... i.e. subjective.
this is hilarious, you seem convinced that reality is just my opinion, are you mentally ill?
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
you believe what you read as if its facts when in reality all standard models of the sun are 100% unscientific speculation based on a mans thoughts from the 1800s,
I think the detonation of thermonuclear bombs based on such ideas are fairly convincing.
derp, not same thing, try again
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
literally no science backs up the standard model of the universe, let that sink in, this is not my opinion,
The standard model is that of science. And being genuine science its open to refutation unlike pseudo-science such as your stuff and other such...
except its not, being ignorant you actually believe that science is self correcting, this is not the case, only someone with little scientific knowledge would believe this, the day to day reality is far different, you wont bother to investigate the truth of this so you remain convinced of your personal truths
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
but we've been here before. Nothing could convince you otherwise. You can watch the video showing how there are different sizes of infinities - but your mind is closed to original thought that is not your own it seems.
yeah, so, youre an idiot, infinity and its properties have been well elucidated by both the ancient Chinese and Indian peoples, you are just a white supremacist and dont even consider the knowledge of brownskins
jliat wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:09 am
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
there is quite literally no scientific understanding of the universe, you dont know how photosynthesis works, do you honestly think you can tell me about particle physics? hubris in a man is inversely proportional to knowledge
I'm not telling you anything about particle physics- you cited a paper about it in support of your ideas - one of which is "literally no scientific understanding of the universe," so you use a scientific paper you offer as being true as proof that there is "literally no scientific understanding of the universe," which is contradiction and muddled thinking.
yeah, that paper, trying to stop gap the standard model, refutes the standard model, and you dont understand that
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 am

fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am

assertion without evidence,
I gave several examples - you had to delete them then basically lied.
You even said that zero was a quantity - i.e. a unit of measurement...
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am
no real thing is negative in any sense of the term, don't start with antimatter because you dont understand its just a naming convention based on a need to prop up the failing standard model and there is no such thing as antimatter, just another scam based on not understanding the electric force
Well you should provide evidence for that. And then state that the stuff at CERN is just a vast conspiracy by scientists. And you know people who hold such views often have mental health issues. I wonder if you do? But I wasn't going to use antimatter, electricity can be negative can it not?
I did mention that. But also ones bank balance. Then of course there are negatives in photography, and in logic gates. In any sense of the term - you are trying to negate me here - by lying, an un-truth.

Daric "no real thing is negative"

Dr Donald E Scott "Plus ions and electrons ... opposite charge... negative electrons... anode positive.. cathode negative supply... the cathode in the real world is a source of electrons.. the source is negative... that source is negative... the e field is negative.. and the magnitude finally gets to be to be zero... a electron is a negative quantity.. negative charge... doh!
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am
oh fuck! you cant make this up! not only are you painfully stupid, you are actually arguing for the existence of a god! lolfest!
Yes you seem to have Tourette's at least. So you work for a living? Anyway I made no such claim. In fact the argument for God has been made by a similar way to yours by Bishop Berkeley. Namely that things only exist when perceived, you claim that things can only exist if they are detectable. The conclusion then is how when no one detects a empty room can it exist, the two answers are, one: it doesn't, two: God detects it all the time. If you are suffering from some mental issues, which accounts for your behaviour, maybe I should not argue with you. Anyway the idea of a object existing which cannot be detectable has nothing to do with idea re God. Even you should know that many people believe in God and argue he is detectable. My idea was there is no necessity for a thing to exist such that it must be detectable. This is a logical idea... and if you think it a lolfest then again perhaps you are ill.. There is a whole pile of stuff about this - from events happening outside of a light cone - are un-detectable (but that's not my subject) to Kant's idea of things in themselves being un-detectable. Right up to Graham Harman's OOO that objects are never fully detectable even by themselves.

"Harman defines real objects as inaccessible and infinitely withdrawn from all relations and then puzzles over how such objects can be accessed or enter into relations: "by definition, there is no direct access to real objects. Real objects are incommensurable with our knowledge, untranslatable into any relational access of any sort, cognitive or otherwise. Objects can only be known indirectly. And this is not just the fate of humans — it’s the fate of everything. Fire burns cotton stupidly .."

Now that is off the wall thinking. You maybe should read some philosophy and stop filling your head with YouTube popular science...
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 am
thats a good start little jimmy, now form an understanding of the terms being used, just understanding the arguement without context makes you a blow hard
As above you seem to fail to understand what you are saying, to exist is to be detectable...has some quite odd consequences. Maybe that's why you behave as you do. The more flak you create the more you think you exist? Is that the context?
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
this is hilarious, you seem convinced that reality is just my opinion, are you mentally ill?
No i'm not mentally ill, but you show all the signs. You're like Luke but with more swearing. Or maybe just a crank, like those who believe in a flat earth. I know you don't ... The idea that reality is just opinion is interesting. And i'm genuinely interested, or was, in your take. But your abusive language and down right lies makes this difficult.

So if we take a non opinionated idea for reality. The evidence is that given by science - which includes how the sun works and anti-matter.
And a whole consensus of scientists and years of work and the underlying maths and billions spent on stuff like CERN. And then there are those like yourself with alternative ideas. This is OK. But then you argue this whole thing is a massive conspiracy... and that is odd. Relativity replaced Newton's theory, (to an extent) but no one argued it had been a conspiracy. And those who rejected Relativity didn't do so of it- well not those who were sane - like Lord Raleigh. People who argue the general thinking regarding the world is a conspiracy (as opposed to just being wrong) are typically those with mental illness. Its good you raise it then.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
derp, not same thing, try again
Re - H Bomb and thermonuclear process... "There are two forms of thermonuclear fusion: uncontrolled, in which the resulting energy is released in an uncontrolled manner, as it is in thermonuclear weapons ("hydrogen bombs") and in most stars...." Again where is your evidence it is not. There is tons that say it is. But you then say = 'ah but that's all a big fake' But provide no actual evidence. The explanation for how stars work fits with thermonuclear processes, and how stars "burn" their fuel and create elements... etc.
Maybe its wrong, but its a far better explanation than saying everything is electricity. If everything is electricity why are things different, are there different types, then we have electricity- electricity, cat electricity and snow flake electricity, the term becomes redundant. Now your argument becomes like a religious fundamentalist, who says that God is behind all the activity we see and call gravity, electricity, mass... and that is countered by Occam's Razor.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
except its not, being ignorant you actually believe that science is self correcting, this is not the case, only someone with little scientific knowledge would believe this, the day to day reality is far different, you wont bother to investigate the truth of this so you remain convinced of your personal truths
Well you of course are wrong and delusional. The philosophy of science shows just that. There is argument over just how this works- slow evolution or paradigm shifts against a consensus. As for the amount of knowledge of science I suspect yours is poor. You elsewhere felll down badly on the significance of mathematics, imaginary numbers etc. Stuff which the prof in your youtube vid would use all the time... But as I say, being delusional you are incapable of seeing an alternative. Its not that your ideas are whacky, its that incapacity which is very like schizophrenic behaviour.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
yeah, so, youre an idiot, infinity and its properties have been well elucidated by both the ancient Chinese and Indian peoples, you are just a white supremacist and dont even consider the knowledge of brownskins
Oh my! The modern ideas re infinity, the different sizes was the work of Cantor who suffered awful prejudice in his day. But now his work with infinity and set theory is seen as being fundamental to maths. So in effect you are saying mathematics and mathematicians are just not telling the truth? Yet the guy in your video talks of using stuff like maxwell s equations...

So you've called me stupid, now racist because I can follow his diagonal argument.
fire wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am
yeah, that paper, trying to stop gap the standard model, refutes the standard model, and you dont understand that
The clue here is the phrrase " the standard model" and the word "model". Science makes modles. Its theories are not "The Truth", never have been, never will. The only people who ever propose "The Truth" are The Religious, Philosophers and The Mentally Ill. The Standard Model gives a good, but not perfect fit. It will likely be revised and replaced by better 'models'. So i do understand. It's you who offer the "Truth", then which are you Religious, Philosopher or Mentally Ill. (the three are not necessarily alternatives...)

Oh and both the Chinease and Indian peoples had beliefs in God and Gods - so you think they are a lolfest! I think you should go back to blowing glass... else i can give you a reading list...

Anyway - its been interesting... but I suspect your abuse will go nuclear - but then that's all wrong isn't it. As its already all electric it cant go anywhere...

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am

wow, you are really worked up, maybe you should rest a little

i know its hard for you to admit that you are out of your element

that you have always fancied yourself at the pinnacle of understanding

but like i said, thats not my problem

the science i reference is solid, it is your responsibility to understand it or not

i am done discussing this with you until you learn up on the subject

you purposely distort and misinterpret in an attempt to stay relevant

you get stuck on "originality" when there is nothing new under the sun

you dont understand naming convention and the proper place for words in science

so until you can point to one thing not measured electrically you are unqualified to discuss the reality of the universe
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:47 am

fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
wow, you are really worked up, maybe you should rest a little
No i'm fine. Checking out the electric universe stuff is really interesting.
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
i know its hard for you to admit that you are out of your element
No - pseudo science - abuse of argument - philosophy of science.. its cool. There's a really cool video by Wall Thornhill demonstrates all of the abuses of argument. And uses neutrinos in his claims against the LIGO results... very funny... Einstein was wrong because he was right..
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
that you have always fancied yourself at the pinnacle of understanding
Absolutely not. Its you who claim superior understanding and knowledge. Re physics i'm a layman. So I listen to both sides and come to the conclusion that the standard model explains things far better. And those in the EU camp are themselves not physicists.. so they are also not in their element.
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
but like i said, thats not my problem
well you've enough of your own it seems.
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
the science i reference is solid, it is your responsibility to understand it or not
Precisely - Any solid science is dogma, so your are either mad, a religious nutter or a certain type of idealist philosopher- take your pick or mix and match.
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
i am done discussing this with you until you learn up on the subject
Yes - you ducked out like that before. But actually learning up we get you saying there is nothing negative and EUs bods saying the opposite. You deny neutrinos exist, Thornhill - the EU "expert" saying they exist inside LIGO. He also said that time moves at 20 billion times the speed of light .. he talks of Maxwell's Ether theory - no such thing! but probably means Lorentz ether theory.. blown apart by Michelson-Morley experiment, amongst others... and claims electromagnetic waves cant travel in a vacuum..
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
you purposely distort and misinterpret in an attempt to stay relevant
No - all the above is out there on YouTube and the web.
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
you get stuck on "originality" when there is nothing new under the sun
That was your beef, claiming I just used others ideas, and now it turns out you do - only from youtube...
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
you dont understand naming convention and the proper place for words in science
Well you fail like all the EU lot to see that science, physics uses math (something you disdain) and not empty metaphors.
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
so until you can point to one thing not measured electrically you are unqualified to discuss the reality of the universe
I've pointed to many. But some others, the Beaufort scale, presidential elections, bra sizes, alcohol content of beer... popularity of noise artists... but your denial of there being negatives means you cant even measure electricity! which is a killer!

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:08 am

fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
so until you can point to one thing not measured electrically you are unqualified to discuss the reality of the universe
the Beaufort scale, presidential elections, bra sizes, alcohol content of beer... popularity of noise artists...
you dont even understand that this is a bullshit answer, obviously you do not want to be taken seriously

have fun thinking you can measure no bra size
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 am

fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:08 am
fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 am
so until you can point to one thing not measured electrically you are unqualified to discuss the reality of the universe
the Beaufort scale, presidential elections, bra sizes, alcohol content of beer... popularity of noise artists...
you dont even understand that this is a bullshit answer, obviously you do not want to be taken seriously

have fun thinking you can measure no bra size
You need to say why its bullshit. You can measure wind speed of zero. A candidate in an election can get no votes. (just as you can score zero in a test or a game, and in competive sport can have a draw which is 0-0.) Bra sizes i think you cant have zero, but certainly a size zero in womens clothing DOES exist, i posted the link. You can have zero % beer, zero coke... and you can have a flat battery 0v... and measure this......... as for being taken seriously, perhaps but a sense of humour helps especially if one is a nihilist, which like you, i am not.

Actuually checking - wiki is wonderful - there is a bra size zero in italy! Oh dear!

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by fire » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:06 am

well, when you say a politician "can get" something that does not exist, you look foolish, the reality is that he did not get even one vote, not that he "got zero votes", thats just lazy vernacular, a figure of speech, a naming convention

all measures of real objects are nonzero and are based on electrical signals, even a meter is determined through electrical apparatus
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Astrology -the only real science

Post by jliat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:25 am

fire wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:06 am
well, when you say a politician "can get" something that does not exist, you look foolish, the reality is that he did not get even one vote, not that he "got zero votes", thats just lazy vernacular, a figure of speech, a naming convention

all measures of real objects are nonzero and are based on electrical signals, even a meter is determined through electrical apparatus
You can score zero, you can go out hunting and get no food.

"The first zero points in Eurovision were scored in 1962, under a new voting system. When a country finishes with a score of zero, it is often referred to in English-language media as nul points or nil points, albeit incorrectly. Grammatical French for "no points" is pas de points or zéro point, but none of these phrases is used in the contest; before 2016's voting overhaul, no-point scores were not announced by the presenters. Following the change in the voting system, a country receiving no points from the public voting is announced as receiving "zero points""

So receiving zero points seems more or less the same as getting zero.

https://www.indy100.com/article/sociali ... yeeBImFmWb

just google "election candidate gets zero" you will see many respectable sources using the term. So who looks foolish - I think that anyone who thinks all measurement is electric is a prime candidate. Especially when they fail to provide proof.

"Finally, in ratio measurement there is always an absolute zero that is meaningful. This means that you can construct a meaningful fraction (or ratio) with a ratio variable. Weight is a ratio variable. In applied social research most "count" variables are ratio, for example, the number of clients in past six months. Why? Because you can have zero clients and because it is meaningful to say that "...we had twice as many clients in the past six months as we did in the previous six months."

"all measures of real objects are nonzero and are based on electrical signals, even a meter is determined through electrical apparatus"

So you keep saying despite evidence to the contrary. And you dont even seem to acknowledge that zero need not be 0! I gave an example.. in division and multiplication 1 is a null operation.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests