Beyond Good and Evil

"Don't post anything racist/misogynistic/pornographic, loli images, or any animated GIFs and you should be fine, haha!" The Raytownian

Moderator: xome

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 am

fire wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 am
and that is why it is important to know the secret of good and evil, which is that evil always wins,
Well ignoring the point that posting a secret on the internet kind of shoots yourself in the foot (again!), i think with a
little more effort and humility you might make some progress..


"TO RECOGNISE UNTRUTH AS A CONDITION OF LIFE; that is certainly to impugn the traditional ideas of value in a dangerous manner, and a philosophy which ventures to do so, has thereby alone placed itself beyond good and evil." Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by fire » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:14 am

jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 am
fire wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 am
and that is why it is important to know the secret of good and evil, which is that evil always wins,
Well ignoring the point that posting a secret on the internet kind of shoots yourself in the foot (again!),
its only a secret in the sense that stupid people like you dont know it
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 am
i think with a
little more effort and humility you might make some progress..
progress? towards what? im right on track, its you that cant keep up, stupid
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 am
"TO RECOGNISE UNTRUTH AS A CONDITION OF LIFE; that is certainly to impugn the traditional ideas of value in a dangerous manner, and a philosophy which ventures to do so, has thereby alone placed itself beyond good and evil." Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil.
look stupid, you have already demonstrated that you dont understand what you read, so i suggest not relying on quotes to make your point because it just makes you look stupider
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:27 am

fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:14 am
belief in black holes/black bodies/dark matter/dark energy = MORON

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by fire » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 am

jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:27 am
fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:14 am
belief in black holes/black bodies/dark matter/dark energy = MORON
yep
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:20 am

fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 am

belief in black holes/black bodies/dark matter/dark energy = MORON


Black holes are predicted in certain theories, black bodies are theoretical models for understanding energy, which caused problems for classical physics, hence quanta, dark matter and dark energy are again theoretical ideas which relate to cosmology.

Whilst there might be evidence for some - for a black body there cannot be - to say its moronic to believe in a thought experiment is just missing the point.
Last edited by jliat on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 am

fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 am

belief in black holes/black bodies/dark matter/dark energy = MORON
Black holes are predicted in certain theories, black bodies are theoretical models for understanding energy, which caused problems for classical physics, hence quanta, dark matter and dark energy are again theoretical ideas which relate to cosmology.

Whilst there might be evidence for some - for a black body there cannot be - to say its moronic to believe in a thought experiment is just missing the point.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by fire » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am

jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 am
Black holes are predicted in certain theories,
once again, wrong, they were invented to cover up flaws in the model, just like dark matters

just one puny crumb of evidence for them would be nice, especially since there are better theories to explain the discrepancy
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 am
black bodies are theoretical models for understanding energy, which caused problems for classical physics, hence...
no, black bodies are another invention of weak minds trying to desperately hold on to their pet theories, they dont exists and do not inform on anything in the observable universe
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 am
Whilst there might be evidence for some -
oh? please elaborate...
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 am
for a black body there cannot be - to say its moronic to believe in a thought experiment is just missing the point.
ah, so belief without foundation is the backbone of the sciences?

and you wonder why i call you stupid
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am

fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am


and you wonder why i call you stupid
No I don't wonder why, you've said you hate me. Moreover you've also said "the good have lost and have no choice but to serve evil or fuck off, this is the truth" so you are either good and serving evil, or are no good, you certainly haven't fucked off......
fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am
ah, so belief without foundation is the backbone of the sciences?
I dont think science is typically foundational, that's more metaphysics. But thought experiments which are not physically real are useful, as is mathematics, whose objects lines, triangles, imaginary numbers, PI etc are not observable in the real world.

As you say "freedom allows you to think whatever you want" and your thinking is constantly confused due to contradiction. But then you see nothing wrong with that.
So - given "freedom allows you to think whatever you want" it should be OK IN YOUR TERMS to think Black holes, Dark Matter and whatever actually exists... including Father Christmas and Unicorns...

Once again youve shot yourself in the foot... i can prove i'm free by not believing in YOU!

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by fire » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am

jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am
fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am


and you wonder why i call you stupid
No I don't wonder why, you've said you hate me. Moreover you've also said "the good have lost and have no choice but to serve evil or fuck off, this is the truth" so you are either good and serving evil, or are no good, you certainly haven't fucked off......
i didnt need to fuck off, i was never in your club

anyway, i call you stupid because you are willfully ignorant, end of story

so its your game we are playing here
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am
fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am
ah, so belief without foundation is the backbone of the sciences?
I dont think science is typically foundational, that's more metaphysics. But thought experiments which are not physically real are useful, as is mathematics, whose objects lines, triangles, imaginary numbers, PI etc are not observable in the real world.
i agree, thought experiments are useful, but only when applied to reality, for instance triangles help design work while imaginary numbers are fucking pointless
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am
As you say "freedom allows you to think whatever you want" and your thinking is constantly confused due to contradiction. But then you see nothing wrong with that.
hmm, yet you post no example of any contradiction, curious, its almost as if you misunderstand me on purpose
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am
So - given "freedom allows you to think whatever you want" it should be OK IN YOUR TERMS to think Black holes, Dark Matter and whatever actually exists... including Father Christmas and Unicorns...
it certainly is, have at it... you look like a moron, but thats freedom
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 am
Once again youve shot yourself in the foot... i can prove i'm free by not believing in YOU!
yep, maybe try that for real
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 am

fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am
imaginary numbers are fucking pointless



"To represent an AC voltage, electrical engineers make extensive use of complex numbers. The imaginary number satisfies the equation ...
The modern electricity supply network relies on the invention of alternating current (AC) by Nikolas Tesla. In AC the current and the voltage vary like a wave over time ... Mathematically, these waves can be described by sine and cosine functions.... the complex numbers, were introduced by mathematicians in the 18th century to make sense of this equation, and were originally thought to be highly abstract mathematical objects of no possible use. However they lie at the heart of power engineering. "

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by fire » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 pm

jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 am
fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am
imaginary numbers are fucking pointless



"To represent an AC voltage, electrical engineers make extensive use of complex numbers. The imaginary number satisfies the equation ...
The modern electricity supply network relies on the invention of alternating current (AC) by Nikolas Tesla. In AC the current and the voltage vary like a wave over time ... Mathematically, these waves can be described by sine and cosine functions.... the complex numbers, were introduced by mathematicians in the 18th century to make sense of this equation, and were originally thought to be highly abstract mathematical objects of no possible use. However they lie at the heart of power engineering. "
oh, you meant complex numbers, i thought you meant imaginary numbers, cause thats what you typed
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 am

fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 pm
jliat wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 am
fire wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am
imaginary numbers are fucking pointless



"To represent an AC voltage, electrical engineers make extensive use of complex numbers. The imaginary number satisfies the equation ...
The modern electricity supply network relies on the invention of alternating current (AC) by Nikolas Tesla. In AC the current and the voltage vary like a wave over time ... Mathematically, these waves can be described by sine and cosine functions.... the complex numbers, were introduced by mathematicians in the 18th century to make sense of this equation, and were originally thought to be highly abstract mathematical objects of no possible use. However they lie at the heart of power engineering. "
oh, you meant complex numbers, i thought you meant imaginary numbers, cause thats what you typed
"Imaginary numbers, also called complex numbers, are used in real-life applications, such as electricity, as well as quadratic equations..."

And you said they were "fucking pointless"

"Zero is considered to be both real and imaginary.." "fucking pointless"??

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by fire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 am

jliat wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 am
And you said they were "fucking pointless"

"Zero is considered to be both real and imaginary.." "fucking pointless"??
theres your clue, stupid
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

User avatar
jliat
Posts: 2378
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:34 am
Contact:

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by jliat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:22 am

fire wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 am
jliat wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 am
And you said they were "fucking pointless"

"Zero is considered to be both real and imaginary.." "fucking pointless"??
theres your clue, stupid
"All numbers whose square are non-positive are purely imaginary numbers.

If you think about an Argand plane, the real and the imaginary axis intersect at zero; which clearly implies that zero is both purely real (because it's on the real axis) and is purely imaginary (because it's on the imaginary axis) as well."

In more simple terms its both on a number line (of real numbers) but isn't a number, its zero. Though the explanation above is more accurate mathematically, complex numbers being on a plane, not a (number) line.

User avatar
fire
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm
Location: noritual unformation

Re: Beyond Good and Evil

Post by fire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 am

you obviously dont know shit about imaginary numbers, they are not needed in any sense, they were a placeholder and have been replaced by other operations, they do not inform on anything relevant, you are stupid
broadcasting from the post-internet wasteland

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests