Decent American shows.

Discuss movies

Moderator: xome

Striations

Post by Striations » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm

MGLUE

Post by MGLUE » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Loved her in that old show. I think it was called "The Casey Anthony First Degree Murder Trial"? :wink:

Striations

Post by Striations » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:17 pm

MGLUE wrote:Loved her in that old show. I think it was called "The Casey Anthony First Degree Murder Trial"? :wink:
HAHAHAHA

That was a fucking good one.

Striations

Post by Striations » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Maternity Ward

fuck all pregnant
8)

Striations

Post by Striations » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Striations

Post by Striations » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm

¼ dead

Post by ¼ dead » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Striations wrote:
"THE THING IS, EVERYBODY, I'M JUST ON A PERMANENT GOOD ONE THAT NONE OF YOU GUYS WILL EVER GET TO EXPERIENCE. I'M SO SORRY FOR YOU... I REALLY AM, OKAY?"

I have that quote recorded on a MiniDisc. I've been meaning to use it for a sample. n_n

I loved the one about the girl addicted to duster just for the shot of her sprawled out in a cemetery with a can of duster to her lips. It's an incredibly confounding and sad story, though... There's just so much wrong with it on so many levels, I actually feel immense sympathy and sadness for that girl. Seeing people more messed up than myself makes me want to hug and nurture them. :?

I mean, what sort of life does one lead to become dependent on duster, and not actually at least move on to some sort of more sophisticated variant of the same/similar drugs?

It's like the first thing she tried replaced everything else in her life immediately or something and she just never wanted to let go of it. IDK. It's really depressing.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 am

The Wire is the best thing on Earth OMG
Fourth season, here I go!

Niallllll

Post by Niallllll » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:19 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:The Wire is the best thing on Earth OMG
Fourth season, here I go!
Sheeeeeeeeeeitttt, who the hell would think otherwise.

Favourite character?
As a biologist!

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 am

I guess I would go with Bunk.

But how can you not like Omar, McNulty, Kima, Freamon...? I liked Dee a lot too, and Marlo is cool, oh, there´s Bubbles, shit, the show is awesome, I end up liking even the scumbags like the Barksdale lawyer, not because they are cool, but because they are so well written and acted accordly, and function so well. There is not a character I hate, except from Ziggy, tho in the end I got more simpathy for him. It´s not like he grow on me as much as I, as a viewer, grew up with him, you know, it made me feel enriched and understand it more.

But second season was kind of a let down to me, I didn't cared a lot for the white people (Frank was the best), a lot of new characters... I liked the Projects more. But I guess that was mostly because I was in extasy after the first season, because it was good, just different, different pace and structure.

Third one was great too, and people say that fourth is the best, so... I am thinking in watching "The Corner" first, just to get more excited, hehe.

What´s yours?

xdugef

Post by xdugef » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:I guess I would go with Bunk.

But how can you not like Omar, McNulty, Kima, Freamon...? I liked Dee a lot too, and Marlo is cool, oh, there´s Bubbles, shit, the show is awesome, I end up liking even the scumbags like the Barksdale lawyer,
How could you forget Stringer Bells?

I guess I'd have to go with Omar. I'm not gonna say anything about Season 4.

Niallllll

Post by Niallllll » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:57 pm

It is almost an impossible question question to answer because there is just so many.

But, I'm going a little leftfield here and say that Pryzbyluski is actually my favourite.

Over the seasons (I'll keep to the first 3) he grew from being such a hateful and unlikeable little shit to becoming a police officer that you could actually sort of admire. Probably one of my favourite scenes from season 1 and 2 both involve him. When he first cracks the code in season 1 which was totally unexpected and when punching Valchek in season 2 was such a "Fuck, yeah!" moment.
Season 3 was shit for him. Just as he was getting in his stride he got involved in that mess with the accidental shooting.That scene where Freamon and Prez are sitting on the bench almost made me tear up.

(I'll hold of on Season 4 for now)
As a biologist!

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Yeah, Prez is cool. Stringer Bell is great, but not one of my favorites.

I am thinking in adopting two cats and naming them Pryzbyluski and Stringer Bell, tho...
Or Omar and Brother Mouzone.

Striations

Post by Striations » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:53 am

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:52 am

Ah, fuck it, started the fourth season. Two episodes in and it´s glorious already.
New characters already seem good, Marlo's gang is very interesting, Lester is great, Prez back, McNulty chilling, I like Carcetti a lot, and the younguns are not obnoxious at all - everything you guys already know ;)