Decent American shows.

Discuss movies

Moderator: xome

HAA

Post by HAA » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Delocated

the raytownian

Post by the raytownian » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 pm

I've probably already mentioned it here, but I really enjoy the stuff Williams Street is involved with. Their original series and the people who work with them (PFFR, Absolutely) rarely disappoint me.

Squidbillies is one of my favorite shows ever... I think it helps to have grown up in the southern US if you want to fully understand that show's comedy. T-Pain singing "AUBURN SUU-UHH-UUHHHCKS!" in an autotune voice is pure comedic platinum encrusted with diamonds, dawg.

Even my mother shit her pants laughing at that one... (Auburn is a southern US football team, BTW. I don't even like football. Neither does my mom. But, if you lived here, you'd still be able to understand why it's so funny).

that's enough gushing over Squidbillies...

12oz. Mouse fucking rules too... I can't believe they managed to build a storyarc from that show, but they did. That show is a trip. I love. I used to think it was stupid... but it's great. I swear, it somehow manages to make you develop an emotional attachment to it's horribly-drawn stick-figure characters...

Don't even get me started on Xavier: Renegade Angel. I can't begin to express how hilarious the weird, pun-infested writing and surreal nature of that show is. Without getting too long-winded, let me just say it's good. Same folks made Delocated.

I also love everything Tim & Eric have done. So biting... Everything they do is seemingly a complete mockery/satire of modern consumer culture and the general fucking idiocy of popular culture. In interviews, you can tell they are actually really cool-headed and mature individuals... There is an undercurrent of sincere vitriol and disgust for modern media in everything they do.

I also have begun to really enjoy The Eric Andre Show, which is still in production.

So, a lot of Adult Swim "originals" (fuck Family Guy in its ass), half-hour murder investigation docs, Golden Girls, Murder She Wrote and Matlock are literally the only things I watch.

Oh, and ADVENTURE TIME. :lol:

sixfist

Post by sixfist » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:37 am

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 pm

omikron wrote:Image
JUST STARTED WATCHING THIS ITS FUCKEN AWESOME
the cinematography is way beyond tv standards

also: imo the 3rd season (& last ep of the 2nd) of Moral Orel is the best thing adult swim ever produced. the intentional creation of a bland 'edgy' adult swim style show leading up to that full-bore depressing dark comedy hellride in the 3rd season is one of the most brilliant examples of fucking with the audience in pop culture history. home movies is my favorite tv show (was gonna say animated but really just in general) but i dont count that as AS produced. also daria

that penn&teller show is fucking horrible if you know anything about anything (beyond, like, 'ghosts are fake' and shit like that)

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:34 am

I fuckin' love competition realities and stuff... Top Chef, Design Star, Project Runway.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

baleful stare

Post by baleful stare » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Mentioned several times I know, but Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! That & Max Headroom are (were) the only shows truly worth watching on American TV.

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:38 pm

SIFL & OLLY
THE MAXX
THE HEAD

Striations

Post by Striations » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:31 pm

RJMyato wrote:SIFL & OLLY
When the fuck is this coming out on DVD?

Striations

Post by Striations » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:32 pm

this show made quite an impression on me as a young boy

chinesechurch

Post by chinesechurch » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:45 am

Mission Hill

Home Movies

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:24 pm

The Walking Dead
Strangers with Candy
Upright Citizens Brigade

MGLUE

Post by MGLUE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Cops
Hard Time
Lockup
Jerry Springer
Inside Edition
The X Factor
Ugly Betty (Just 'cause I like the actress)
America's Got Talent
Locked Up Abroad
Drugs, Inc.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:51 pm

"Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is so cool... I'm on second season only, but it is great stuff.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Niallllll

Post by Niallllll » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 am

Sleep Of Ages wrote:"Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is so cool... I'm on second season only, but it is great stuff.
I'm jealous of people who are just getting into shows that are fucking great. Just wait until seasons 4-5. They are amazing. My recent discovery has been "Party down". Takes a few episodes to get going but it's great.
As a biologist!

JivemasterJ

Post by JivemasterJ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

The 4th season of the Wire and the 1st Season of Twin Peaks are the 2 best things ever brodcast on the hellishly shitty medium of Television...

that and Wonder Showzen, which, along with Xavier: Renegade Angel, is highly under appreciated...