Until the Light Takes Us (Black Metal Documentary) 2009

Discuss movies

Moderator: xome

MGLUE

Until the Light Takes Us (Black Metal Documentary) 2009

Post by MGLUE » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:48 pm

"We not only suspected that there would be a third world war, but we hoped there would be a third world war. Not because we were into destruction so much, but because, if you're going to build something new, you have to destroy the old first." --Varg Vikernes

Claud601

Post by Claud601 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:55 am

Time fucking flies

Striations

Post by Striations » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:48 am

Striations

Post by Striations » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:50 am

Regarding this documentary... I like it. But also some parts towards the end kinda go off on a tangent. I feel like more research could have contributed to better interview questions.

It would have been good if they could have found more home video footage of the bands as well.

Striations

Post by Striations » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:41 am

another point to recognize about this that is crucial to cultural understanding:

THE POWER OF A PEER GROUP WITH HIGH STANDARDS

Laura91

Post by Laura91 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:20 am

The extra stuff is better than the actual doc.

MGLUE

Post by MGLUE » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Striations wrote:another point to recognize about this that is crucial to cultural understanding:

THE POWER OF A PEER GROUP WITH HIGH STANDARDS
My personal preference is to create in isolation. If someone likes it, fine. If not, oh fucking well. Not like I'm gonna stop.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Striations wrote:Regarding this documentary... I like it. But also some parts towards the end kinda go off on a tangent. I feel like more research could have contributed to better interview questions.

It would have been good if they could have found more home video footage of the bands as well.

The focus is more on the church burning/murder and what surrounded that. Focusing the music there could be easily at least one doc for each Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor and Darkthrone... That would be awesome.
BM docs will pop up with time, I don't knoe for sure, but, I guess not even Bathory has one...? Celtic Frost got one that is self made by TV around the time of their comeback last album, and that's cool if somewhat lazy. Venom Idk (and I don't care if they don't sound bm to nowadays crowd, I am typing for people who can see my point).
Aside from the Anvil one, is hard to find really good docs on metal (don't come with the Global Metal shit). Ah, Rat Skates: Born in a Basement is pretty cool.
The Vice shorts about one man bm (Leviathan, Xasthur and the other guy) is cool too.
Please post more cool metal docs people.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)