Recent movies you have watched?

Discuss movies

Moderator: xome

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:41 pm

cropsey was pretty cool

IN OTHER NEWS WATCHED BOTH CRANK MOVIES BACK TO BACK THE OTHER NIGHT, INSANE EXPERIENCE, V. NOISE

convince

Post by convince » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:16 am

my girlfriend and i watched a hiphop (and you don't stop) double feature

both movies were dope, but extra dopeness was experienced from cool as ice yo!

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 pm

omfg i love cool as ice. when he wakes her up by melting an ice cube in her mouth..... :hic: also i never noticed that tagline before, makes NO SENSE. fantastic.

Watched Apollo 18. it was okay, i'll probably forget most of what happened in it by tomorrow. him finding that dead dude was scary and i liked the constant sci fi bug noises and visual distortion. i think the main reason i like found footage movies is the lack of score. i wish more movies didn't bother with music. you have to earn it, really.

convince

Post by convince » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 am

this film is based on true events where (in the future) a computer (the dark one) rule over humans, turning most into slaves and the rest are left as mindless barbarians in new york shitty. edge of your seat action all through

ruskie trailer

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:49 pm

just came back from TDKR, great end to the series but I wish batman had just straight up died. basically it's an anti-revolutionary, pro-reform series of movies that reject violent vigilantism and insurrection in favor of "working within the system" by having rich dudes build trams and boys' homes. i like that it criticized the fascist Frank Miller take on Batman pretty explicitly but I didn't like the un-nuanced take on charicatured environmentalists/revolutionaries/criminals esp. after the boat scene in TDK.

ob1117

Post by ob1117 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 am

They Live!

I could barely cope with its awesomeness.

A.Y.H?

Post by A.Y.H? » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:54 am

Iron Sky.

Jesus.

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 am

ob1117 wrote:They Live!

I could barely cope with its awesomeness.
BEST MOVIE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!

Shameless self promotion:

http://www.discogs.com/Carrion-Black-Pi ... se/3570657
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Detention - ?/10. have no idea if i liked it or not! but it was funny about 2/3 of the time.
V/H/S - 7/10. pretty good, some misses. i love found footage tho, and it scared me a bunch of times.

A.R.GH

Post by A.R.GH » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:16 am

RJMyato wrote: V/H/S - 7/10. pretty good, some misses. i love found footage tho, and it scared me a bunch of times.
same, watched it last night, worth the watch

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:36 pm

The Tall Man - went in blind still thinking it was the slenderman movie, WRONG! loved it. made by dude who did Martyrs, and he repeats that midpoint trajectory change multiple times in this. pretty amazing.

Welcome to the Doll House / Palindromes - I have always hated Todd Solondz but now I've seen enough of his movies to confidently say I hate him without my friends telling me I haven't seen "his best movie"

Breaking the Waves / The Idiots - loved both of these, The Idiots was funny as shit

Sleep Of Ages

Post by Sleep Of Ages » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:34 am

The Prince of Persia was pretty cool, was expecting way less.
SLEEP OF AGES (Industrial, Harsh Noise, PE)
CARRION BLACK PIT (HNW)
EXU (Industrial)

Aditya

Post by Aditya » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Watch Latest Movies online , Live TV Channels,Live Sports, Play games online free from here with the best quality and sound. Its totally free and hassle free. No virus and no spyware.

Watch Telugu Movies Online

baleful stare

Post by baleful stare » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:57 pm

RJMyato wrote:The Tall Man - went in blind still thinking it was the slenderman movie, WRONG! loved it. made by dude who did Martyrs, and he repeats that midpoint trajectory change multiple times in this. pretty amazing.
Want to see this, It doesn't start here until this Fri though. This was filmed in and around the town I live in, I wasn't anticipating it to be that great; The sets looked awfully low budget but the trailer actually looks pretty promising, ahhh the magic of Hollywood!

Oh, to not derail the thread:\

Doctor Who and The Ark Of Space (1975) 9/10 speaking of low budget sets... Much painted bubblewrap & styrofoam was harmed in the making of this episode. ;)

RJMyato

Post by RJMyato » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah it def didnt strike me as particularly low budget or shoddily made at all; the production values are all dece. The Mothman Prophecies was made around where I live (my hometown and where I currently live too)