Your Setups

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

diurnalburdens

Post by diurnalburdens » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:43 am

timdrage wrote:nice!

My setup for london gig this fri and brighton gig this sunday (if it survives the former)

What's that Vox pedal all about?

I have an almost identical bent megaphone to yours. My first bend. Input is just held in with polyfiller ffs!

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 am

diurnalburdens wrote: What's that Vox pedal all about?
It's all about horrible fake-tube aesthetics (other pedals in the range have a real tube in there but just as ugly) and great octave down, octave up AND two octave down fuzz :)

Yeah those voicechangers are a great simple bend or even pretty great unbent. Mine just has added pitch control and line in and outputs.
This is useful info for turning a toy's internal mic into a line in that works properly - http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/line_to_mic.html (i think for the megaphone i just removed the electret mic element and replaced it with a 1/4" jack and it worked fine, some other such things i've tried didn't tho)

diurnalburdens

Post by diurnalburdens » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:28 am

timdrage wrote:
diurnalburdens wrote: What's that Vox pedal all about?
It's all about horrible fake-tube aesthetics (other pedals in the range have a real tube in there but just as ugly) and great octave down, octave up AND two octave down fuzz :)

Yeah those voicechangers are a great simple bend or even pretty great unbent. Mine just has added pitch control and line in and outputs.
This is useful info for turning a toy's internal mic into a line in that works properly - http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/line_to_mic.html (i think for the megaphone i just removed the electret mic element and replaced it with a 1/4" jack and it worked fine, some other such things i've tried didn't tho)
Nice! Can it do octave up and down at the same time? How's the tracking? Terrible hopefully :) They're cheap to by the look of it.

I didn't even manage a pitch mod on my voicechanger, just two bends that scramble the signal. Seems to crash half the time too.
Yes, the mic input replaced with a jack can work out fine. I did this with an Early Learning Centre answering machine for kids which is now a crude looper. I recommend one! Beeps when you press record but I added a mute switch.

diurnalburdens

Post by diurnalburdens » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:33 am

Early Learning Centre answering machine looper. I use a blob of blue tac over the play button to keep it looping.

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:33 am

diurnalburdens wrote: Nice! Can it do octave up and down at the same time? How's the tracking? Terrible hopefully :) They're cheap to by the look of it.
Yep it can do all at once or just up or just 2down, the 1 down is always there tho. I've never put anything sensible enough thru it to know about tracking but in a noise setup/feedback loop it makes as crazy chaos as any octaver i've tried :) There are some reviews/demos online which should give you some idea about the more sensible use of it

oh cool about the looper :)

bfaq

WIll post another pic sometime with improvements

Post by bfaq » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:27 am

Image(alt+p) Also this confused me to upload.

Sqvürlxr

Post by Sqvürlxr » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:06 pm

A few of my things. Not pictured are laptop, tape recorder, other kids talking weird shit, a third radio, baby monitor and some percussion things...

In short, I just wanted to show off Mah(tt) Daemon, the most important part of my sound.

https://youtu.be/1PIyerU3PzA

I Actually Have A Login..

Post by I Actually Have A Login.. » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:31 pm

timdrage

Post by timdrage » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 am

Might use only orange pedals for my gig tomorrow

vnmb

Post by vnmb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:47 pm

WarsawSynth

Post by WarsawSynth » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:55 pm

untitled

Post by untitled » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 pm

WarsawSynth wrote:Image
love it.. :D and i love this

https://ofthebears.bandcamp.com/album/untitled

trashjazz

Post by trashjazz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:40 am

I think it's not enough. I need to buy more guitar effects. But I prefer to make noise using my instrument in an unusual way. As you can see, there is electric guitar, alto saxophone, amplifier, 1 effect = danelectro distortion and a screwdriver and knife :D