what happened to harshnoise.com as a pedal review database?

Talk about music gear for noise music

Moderator: xome

886VG

what happened to harshnoise.com as a pedal review database?

Post by 886VG » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:43 pm

do you guys remember the site? i was just curious and wanted to see it again (didnt remember its actual address hah), after googlin i get with this quote posted below but no signs of the site. did it just die? not up somewhere else?

"
Introduction
Harshnoise.com contains information, pictures and reviews of musical equipment that might appeal to musicians who don't play common styles of music... like noise! We have over 1900 items on this site for your viewing pleasure and are constantly updating the site with new information and adding new features so visit us often! You can start by browsing equipment information by category or manufacturer below or you may want to try searching for equipment.

Equipment Information by Category
Pedal Effects, Footswitches, Volume / Expression Pedals, Adaptors, Analog Synth, Cases, Theremin, Mixers, Direct Box, Amplifiers, Power Supply, Sampler, Cords & Cables, Vocoder "

remind me i once backed up the whole gear section of the troniks board before it was deleted ..there was fun stuff, will check that out tomorrow.

WhiteWarlock

Re: what happened to harshnoise.com as a pedal review database?

Post by WhiteWarlock » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:45 pm

https://web.archive.org/web/20030804104 ... se.com:80/
the harshnoise.com gear DB is kaput
eye could probably come up with some system for making "classic noisegear" site
seems like good idea

timdrage

Re: what happened to harshnoise.com as a pedal review database?

Post by timdrage » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:00 am

yeah it got changed ti gearbug in order to avoid the stigma of Noise i guess and get some hits